Forums > Fan mixes > QUEEN: EXPANDED COLLECTION (CMI Music)

forum rss feed
Author

dysan user not visiting Queenzone.com
dysan
Deity: 3166 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Oct 16, 02:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I joined up BZ but frankly wasn't worth it.

Any sign of the next release? Surely it can't take that long? :)

cmi user is on Queenzone.com
cmi
Royalty: 1011 posts

Posted: 04 Oct 16, 03:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dysan wrote:

I joined up BZ but frankly wasn't worth it.

Any sign of the next release? Surely it can't take that long? :)

What do you mean?

Have you already listened to previous 2 installments and have something to discuss?

dysan user not visiting Queenzone.com
dysan
Deity: 3166 posts

Posted: 04 Oct 16, 14:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm all excited for Hot Space.

beatmichael user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 66 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 16, 21:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, I'm not sure why you're only posting links on BZ. I, too, tried to figure it out and it was not successful. I can't log in over there for some reason. Why not just post the links here so we can check them out without going to another forum?

cmi

Posted: 06 Oct 16, 03:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Check out these files. Possibly you'll find something useful for you...

A KIND OF MAGIC full details.

Attachment: 2016106979968895.txt 10 KB
This has been downloaded 372 time(s).

cmi

Posted: 06 Oct 16, 03:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MADE IN HEAVEN full details.

Attachment: 2016106525190080.txt 7 KB
This has been downloaded 286 time(s).

beatmichael user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 66 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 16, 19:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cool! Thanks for posting these. I'm happy to check 'em out!

Riku M user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 09 Oct 16, 02:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very nicely done, thanks alot!

dave76 user not visiting Queenzone.com
dave76
Bohemian: 752 posts

Posted: 16 Oct 16, 16:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Damn, this project is amazing and is the way QP should have done it. But this is what we get when QP aren't interested in us anymore and others bands around us keeps releasing archival releases like McCartney. So my interest goes to CMI for the whole package and i am looking forward to A Day At The Races and all the others. Great job mate!

cmi

Posted: 17 Oct 16, 02:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks a lot for great words!

I think you will agree with me that McCartney's Archive Collection releases are great in terms of quality of package/artwork and remastering. But the bonus content is not so exciting most of the time.

soxtalon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 432 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 16, 08:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

cmi wrote:

"Battle Theme" or "Battle Scene" was under consideration. But in the end I decided to take it off this edition as I think this piece works excellent in context of "Highlander" OST but is not right in context of the album.

Awesome work so far. Very exciting and inspiring. I think a lot of us tackle projects like this for our own consumption but rarely go the extra mile like you have! Good work :) I've been working on my own and continue to do so, but you've given me some great ideas/inspiration.

One question on the above quote - Do you plan on eventually doing a Highlander Soundtrack of sorts?

Enchlore user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 17 Oct 16, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

really hope that if you decide to do ANATO you'll put those tracks Sikke released a while back. problem is they're extremely difficult to get a hold of.

The Real Wizard user is on Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 20301 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 16, 21:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

cmi wrote:

Here's an UPDATE of "Made In Heaven":

1) Mother Love (alternate outro mix) is added to CD2
2) Artwork is reworked using better scans. I'm still in search of full size images of 'sunrise' and 'sunset' shots.
3) A Winter's Tale (Cosy Fireside mix) is bettered using different approach to restore the original squeezed dynamics from 2011 release.
4) Description TXT file is added.
5) All FLAC files now feature tags.

I've just discovered this thread ! For some reason I rarely check out this section of the forum, even though there's a lot of great stuff happening here. This thread in particular looks pretty incredible.

A thought - if you've included Love Kills, then why not include Let Me In Your Heart Again !?

Also, I'd still keep Too Much Love Will Kill You on MIH, even if you're going to include it on The Miracle. The track listings as they were released really should be maintained, but I'm all for a disc 2 with alternate track listings.

Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.

http://www.queenlive.ca
cmi

Posted: 18 Oct 16, 08:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Real Wizard wrote:
A thought - if you've included Love Kills, then why not include Let Me In Your Heart Again !?

Also, I'd still keep Too Much Love Will Kill You on MIH, even if you're going to include it on The Miracle. The track listings as they were released really should be maintained, but I'm all for a disc 2 with alternate track listings.

Actually it's very difficult question to find the right answer...

I see 'Love Kills' and 'Let Me In Your Heart Again' as different beasts.
'Love Kills' is a newly re-arranged (by BM on his own) recorded piece (with only old vocal track) as most of 'Made In Heaven' album was done. Actually I can't hear any mentioned rhythm guitar part from JD. It seems to me it's only a QPL hype (they like to do it as you know).
'Let Me In Your Heart Again' is an old track not reworked/rearranged but finished with some new overdubs. It still sounds like 'The Works' track at least for me. So I think it will be the extra on this album.
'Love Kills' sounds like modern recording which it is.

Now I think that 'I Can't Live With You (Rock retake)' is similar to 'Let Me In Your Heart Again' in the approach to the track. Also I think that 'Lost Opportunity' is more suitable for 'Made In Heaven' as it was recorded in the same period/sessions as 'Winter's Tale' and 'You Don't Fool Me'. So it's really possible that I will change the bonus content for MIH.

Always open to discuss these things, so any thoughts are very welcome...

TMLWKY was always an alien on MIH for me, even before I find that it's the only untouched track from previous sessions which was added to the new album.
This track was so close to release in 1989 as part of the album appearing on the U-Matic master and even on promo Capitol cassette.
I like to listen to it much more in context of 'The Miracle' album. There's no any true ballad on TM and there are many on MIH. So for me the listening of both albums now is more balanced.
Of course there's no words here to use 'All God's People' on 'The Miracle' as this track wasn't completed in 1989 and was never planned to be on this album. So it will be in the right place on 'Innuendo' album.

Back2TheLight user not visiting Queenzone.com
Back2TheLight
Bohemian: 642 posts

Posted: 18 Oct 16, 23:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brilliant work CMI!! I have saved these on my iPhone and listen to them in place of the 2011 remasters and they sound 10 times better! Between the work of you and C-Matt, the songs we've grown to love are sounding better than ever!!

I Want It All And I Want It Now!!
cmi

Posted: 19 Oct 16, 00:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You're welcome! Enjoy the music!

brians wig user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2535 posts

Posted: 19 Oct 16, 15:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hang on.
"Lost Opportunity" was the "B" side to "Slightly Mad".
Surely THAT is the ONLY reason you need to have it on "Innuendo" and NOT "MIH"....

The Real Wizard user is on Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 20301 posts

Posted: 19 Oct 16, 23:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

cmi wrote:

'Love Kills' is a newly re-arranged (by BM on his own) recorded piece (with only old vocal track) as most of 'Made In Heaven' album was done. Actually I can't hear any mentioned rhythm guitar part from JD. It seems to me it's only a QPL hype (they like to do it as you know).
'Let Me In Your Heart Again' is an old track not reworked/rearranged but finished with some new overdubs. It still sounds like 'The Works' track at least for me. So I think it will be the extra on this album.

Now I think that 'I Can't Live With You (Rock retake)' is similar to 'Let Me In Your Heart Again' in the approach to the track. Also I think that 'Lost Opportunity' is more suitable for 'Made In Heaven' as it was recorded in the same period/sessions as 'Winter's Tale' and 'You Don't Fool Me'. So it's really possible that I will change the bonus content for MIH.

TMLWKY was always an alien on MIH for me, even before I find that it's the only untouched track from previous sessions which was added to the new album.
This track was so close to release in 1989 as part of the album appearing on the U-Matic master and even on promo Capitol cassette.
I like to listen to it much more in context of 'The Miracle' album. There's no any true ballad on TM and there are many on MIH. So for me the listening of both albums now is more balanced.
Of course there's no words here to use 'All God's People' on 'The Miracle' as this track wasn't completed in 1989 and was never planned to be on this album. So it will be in the right place on 'Innuendo' album.

All great and valid thoughts.

I'd still keep Lost Opportunity with Innuendo, as MIH seems to be for tracks *completed* after 1991.

Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.

http://www.queenlive.ca
soxtalon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 432 posts

Posted: 20 Oct 16, 00:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

cmi wrote:

Actually it's very difficult question to find the right answer...

It certainly makes logical sense to do it either way. You could argue that Love Kills was certainly worked on during the Works sessions so it should go there (as I probably would do) but either way is arguable.

I definitely would put I Can't Live With You with Innuendo, but I would also keep Lost Opportunity there. I understand the concept of it being mainly a post Innuendo track but it was released as Slightly Mad's b-side so it still seems like it should be a part of an Innuendo expanded edition!

Are you planning on inserting TMLWKY into the album track listing or merely including it on the Bonus tracks?

cmi

Posted: 20 Oct 16, 02:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

brians wig wrote:
Hang on.
"Lost Opportunity" was the "B" side to "Slightly Mad".
Surely THAT is the ONLY reason you need to have it on "Innuendo" and NOT "MIH"....

And 'Mad The Swine' as well, right...? Just kidding. 

2soxtalon
:
TMLWKY will be in the right place, not as a bonus.

I don't plan to make a 'Highlander' OST as all the useful stuff is already on AKOM.
But there will be a 2CD Deluxe for 'Flash Gordon' ;-)