Forums > Fan mixes > QUEEN: EXPANDED COLLECTION (CMI Music)

forum rss feed
Author

THRILLHO user not visiting Queenzone.com
THRILLHO
Rocker: 29 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Mar 18, 19:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

cut me some slack i'm brand new to the unreleased stuff.

apparently this is a common mistake, cut me some slack.

Thistle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3966 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 18, 19:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who's giving you hassle?

THRILLHO

Posted: 16 Mar 18, 22:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

beta's response sounded very put out to be hearing that question again.

Posted: 16 Mar 18, 23:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sure he didn't mean it to sound that way to you, he's a cool guy. I don't think he's getting at you as he's responded with the answer as to which session it belongs to - it's the regulars he's giving a wry "don't even start" warning to. That's how I've read it anyway lol.

Welcome to QZ btw. If you're just new to the unreleased stuff, there's plenty of wee gems lying around here.

THRILLHO

Posted: 17 Mar 18, 00:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thanks glad to be here! Queen is my second fav band of all time and i've been giving the CMI deluxes and their was another user, may have been Beta, that uploaded a whole mess of demos sessions that i've been going through.

Posted: 17 Mar 18, 13:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good stuff :)

The Real Wizard user is on Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 20991 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 18, 22:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

THRILLHO wrote:

thanks glad to be here! Queen is my second fav band of all time

Who's first?

Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.

http://www.queenlive.ca
THRILLHO

Posted: 19 Mar 18, 03:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yikes yea i dont wanna get banned already.

they are not a popular band. no it's not Nickelback.

they may have put an album in your icloud a few years ago that you didn't ask for.............

cmi user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmi
Royalty: 1171 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 18, 13:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You Too ? :)

Javier Torres C user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 22 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 18, 18:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

esta con error el disco flash no se termina de descargar ,si lo puedes resubir o dar otro link por favor.

THRILLHO

Posted: 19 Mar 18, 19:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yes ive been obsessed with U2 since Pop in 97 when i was 15.

i've been into Queen since the early 00's and am just now digging into the unreleased side of the fence. i've got tons of bootleg concerts too.

Golden Salmon user not visiting Queenzone.com
OwO

Bohemian: 608 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 18, 17:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CMI, I want to thank you for the time you've spent making these amazing compilations! I think I've missed a few of them and I'll check those ASAP! They're a must given that some jewels are either missing or way too deep in my archives (also, lower quality) for me to bother checking. Please take a look at your paypal account :-)

Speaking of which, recently I decided to spend a little bit of time revisiting all the stuff I've been collecting over the years (that's why I'm posting here, because I found some of your shares). Most of it dates from way back when I used to be a trader, and I've found some unusual recordings - most certainly not rarities, but perhaps they're worth listening for the fans out there that may have a hard time finding them anywhere else or even knowing about their existence. I can't give a timeline (weeks maybe), but I'd love to share what I think will be fun to listen to. I'll make sure to credit you if I happen to use anything you've provided.

cmi

Posted: 21 Mar 18, 19:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^ You're very welcome! And thank you.

Looking forward for your uploads!

Back2TheLight user not visiting Queenzone.com
Back2TheLight
Bohemian: 644 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 18, 23:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just downloaded the first Queen album, and thank you! I'm going to pass on FG, as it just doesn't have much for me, but thank you again for all of your efforts!! Looking forward to Hot Space too, but Innuendo is the one I'm looking forward to most!! :)

I Want It All And I Want It Now!!
Chopin1995 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Chopin1995
Bohemian: 960 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 18, 11:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^ You're not the only one! The 2 white albums are the ones I'm looking forward to most (both are my favourite). + Barcelona

Golden Salmon user not visiting Queenzone.com
OwO

Bohemian: 608 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 18, 12:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm just listening to some tracks, great stuff! It's weird to listen to "You Don't Fool Me" instrumental, waiting for the guitar glitch to happen and it's not there! Flawless version :-) A friend (someone from this board) and me tried to correct this years ago and it was nowhere as good, just too noticeable of a patch. I also love things like the full-length restoration of "A Dozen Red Roses For My Darling", making it perfect like many other tracks in your compilations.

May I be a bit nit-picky? Not to complain, just sharing some thoughts:

- Any reason not to include the original Hollywood Records remix of "Fat Bottomed Girls"? I see you did a composite with Freddie's extra ad-libs and so, but the different intro is worth having IMO. Anyway, I guess three versions are enough and you created something new, which I appreciate.

- No studio banter in "Polar Bear"? I suppose that's intentional.

- Aren't there other "Jesus" demo sources? The version must be the same, but someone shared a youtube video of an acetate playing it and maybe the quality is a bit higher (mostly if the source is tracked down). Same case with a tape containing "Cool Cat" with David Bowie, although there are at least a couple different versions that I'm sure you're working on already.

That's it, your work is incredible! A true labor of love. I can't wait for your next releases!

Kakarot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 6 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 18, 17:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Will you include the different versions of Las Palabras De Amor in the release?

cmi

Posted: 22 Mar 18, 18:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Golden Salmon wrote:

I'm just listening to some tracks, great stuff! It's weird to listen to "You Don't Fool Me" instrumental, waiting for the guitar glitch to happen and it's not there! Flawless version :-) I also love things like the full-length restoration of "A Dozen Red Roses For My Darling", making it perfect like many other tracks in your compilations.

Yes, the main goal for me to make all tracks perfect (if possible)... as I do it for my personal use in first place.

- Any reason not to include the original Hollywood Records remix of "Fat Bottomed Girls"? I see you did a composite with Freddie's extra banter and so, but the different intro is worth having IMO.

I decided to replace "fake" intro (it was taken from the middle of the song) from Brian Malouf remix with the original opening because I wanted to create the difinitive version of the song. It features not only additional vocal ad libs in the end but also an unedited instrumental part after the first verse.

I still in hope to return back to 'Jazz' with proper complete instrumental mix of this track as well.

- No studio banter in "Polar Bear"? I suppose that's intentional.

At first I wanted to leave the banter, but in the end I decided to edit it out because it doesn't work when listening to all these extras. It's too long and repetitive...

- Aren't there other "Jesus" demo sources? The version must be the same, but someone shared a youtube video of an acetate playing it and maybe the quality is a bit higher (mostly if the source is tracked down).

I think the quality is not better there. Also I don't think the YouTube source is a good way to replace the official CDDA source.

If there will be a proper lossless transfer of these acetates available preferably in 24/96, I will consider to replace the official transfer with a better one.

Same case with a tape containing "Cool Cat" with David Bowie, although there are at least a couple different versions that I'm sure you're working on already.

Yes, there will be two non-album versions.

That's it, your work is incredible! A true labor of love. I can't wait for your next releases!

Thanks!
BTW, I still don't do 'Innuendo' because I still in hope to find proper lossless quality of 3 unreleased well-known demos from the sessions.

Kakarot wrote:

Will you include the different versions of Las Palabras De Amor in the release?

Which ones do you mean?

Kakarot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 6 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 18, 21:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I refer to the demo version a.k.a early version, the rejected version and the surround mix

cmi

Posted: 23 Mar 18, 19:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There will an early version of course.