Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > ANNOUNCE: 1975-04-22 Nagoya (Wardour)

forum rss feed
Author

tassilo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1812 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Sep 17, 15:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you!

Chopin1995 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Chopin1995
Bohemian: 620 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 17, 11:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice version of Liar on this show. Only Brian had some slight problems at 1:42, after the intro, and came in not in the right moment. And unexpectedly good Freddie's vocal improv just before "Mama I'm gonna be your slave" segment.

Yamaguchi user not visiting Queenzone.com
Rock'n Roll Superman
Yamaguchi
Bohemian: 108 posts

Posted: 29 Nov 17, 18:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote:

Also does anybody know what the intro songs which play during the beginning are? I'm not a huge blues fan, but I like them

I suppose the songs played are:
Eric Clapton - Easy Now
Derek & the Dominos - Key to the Highway

I wonder who chose them to play before the show begins.
Was there a huge fan of Clapton in PA staff members? Or, if it was a decision made by a member of Queen, I guess it was Brian's choice?

It's interesting to hear the audience's reactions. I was surprised that they had reacted even when the house music finished.
Also I heard an audience member near the taper saying "Pink Floyd is being played, isn't it?" during Procession.
I guess he suggested a link between Procession and the intro of "Dark Side Of The Moon" when he referred to Pink Floyd.
Maybe he was a Pink Floyd fan but he had never listened to Queen II.
At least this conversation indicates there was surely a young male rock fan who is interested in Queen at that time when Japanese Queen fans were for the most part young females.

The Greatest Rock'n Roll Hearted Man.
Yamaguchi user not visiting Queenzone.com
Rock'n Roll Superman
Yamaguchi
Bohemian: 108 posts

Posted: 29 Nov 17, 19:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My favourite part is the middle section of Liar, where Freddie sings "Yeah, yeah! Yeah, yeah! Come on! Nagoya! Nagoya! Nagoya! Aw-wow-wow..." to astonish the Japanese audience, like he would do it again in the next concert in Kobe.
Finally they go into "Mama, I'm gonna be your slave" section, but Freddie sings that line in a wrong key, D!
Moreover, Roger and Brian join in the chorus in D as well! It's really funny.

The Greatest Rock'n Roll Hearted Man.
Chopin1995

Posted: 30 Nov 17, 12:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yamaguchi wrote:

My favourite part is the middle section of Liar, where Freddie sings "Yeah, yeah! Yeah, yeah! Come on! Nagoya! Nagoya! Nagoya! Aw-wow-wow..." to astonish the Japanese audience, like he would do it again in the next concert in Kobe.
Finally they go into "Mama, I'm gonna be your slave" section, but Freddie sings that line in a wrong key, D!

This is the most interesting song of this concert. Freddie did realise they were singing in a wrong key and he said something. Was it "Not D!" ?

The Real Wizard user is on Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 20290 posts

Posted: 28 Dec 17, 22:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yamaguchi wrote:

I wonder who chose them to play before the show begins.
Was there a huge fan of Clapton in PA staff members? Or, if it was a decision made by a member of Queen, I guess it was Brian's choice?

It usually is up to the artist, but who knows what it was like in Japan in the 70s - it was a whole different world that hadn't really westernized, and they may have done things their own way.

It's interesting to hear the audience's reactions. I was surprised that they had reacted even when the house music finished.

Probably because that's when the house lights went out, and then everyone realizes the show is about to start. Always an exciting moment at a show to this day.

Also I heard an audience member near the taper saying "Pink Floyd is being played, isn't it?" during Procession.
I guess he suggested a link between Procession and the intro of "Dark Side Of The Moon" when he referred to Pink Floyd.
Maybe he was a Pink Floyd fan but he had never listened to Queen II.

Good observation ! And who knows, Procession may well have been influenced by the Dark Side heartbeat.

At least this conversation indicates there was surely a young male rock fan who is interested in Queen at that time when Japanese Queen fans were for the most part young females.

Yep - it wasn't until the 80s that Queen's audience really started to mature in Japan. They were more of a teenybopper thing in the 70s.

Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.

http://www.queenlive.ca
The Real Wizard

Posted: 29 Dec 17, 20:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doing All Right @ 3:06

When Brian May's voice comes in.

Just magical, how their voices blended like butter.

It reminds me of the New York 12-2-77 tape, where the audience actually cheers at this moment in amazement that they could pull this off live.

Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.

The Real Wizard

Posted: 29 Dec 17, 23:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chopin1995 wrote:

Yamaguchi wrote:

This is the most interesting song of this concert. Freddie did realise they were singing in a wrong key and he said something. Was it "Not D!" ?

He says "wrong key". He didn't have perfect pitch, but he did know it was wrong pretty quickly.

Amidst that he's trying to stop a fight in the audience (before the song, too). It made for a pretty loose and interesting version of the song. The "listen" part ended up being a good segue into his plea.

The Real Wizard

Posted: 30 Dec 17, 01:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For the completists, I have merged the two tapes of the show together create a best possible complete version of Son And Daughter, as about 5 minutes of Brian May's solo was cut from the Wardour bootleg (how fortunate that one of only two songs on the inferior source is actually the one we needed).

https://mega.nz/#!0VBiTbLT!8IUXU0LtOKE0K7GaVcksPVa__3WVAqNnahdoSbFmXkw

Enjoy !

Chopin1995

Posted: 30 Dec 17, 15:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you for the merge and the explanation one post before!

jabbo5150 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 178 posts

Posted: 05 Jan 18, 03:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks!

Chinwonder2 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Chinwonder2
Royalty: 1144 posts

Posted: 05 Jan 18, 08:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the merge Bob! ;)

-Chin

Check out my channel for various goodies! :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Chinwonder2
vivaqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
vivaqueen
Bohemian: 824 posts

Posted: 05 Jan 18, 10:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thank you for the merge

Fmarton user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 196 posts

Posted: 03 Mar 18, 09:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you!!