Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Can you pussies stop whining about Freddie?

forum rss feed
Author

dsmeer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 202 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Nov 17, 18:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam is a Hologram, he does not exist in real life. He was invented by Brain.

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 3797 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 17, 21:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dsmeer wrote:

Adam is a Hologram, he does not exist in real life. He was invented by Brain.

Brain?

Then why'd he make him so fat? So gay?

If I'm assuming BRIAN made him that would explain the nasal thin high frequency shrill associated with his voice. As you know, with auditory degeneration, he'd have not been able to hear those frequencies without massive over compensation. I've always thought this was key to their suggestion of Adams talent

"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHTt!"
Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 2563 posts

Posted: 12 Nov 17, 00:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brain/Brian... still funny ;).

QueenTwo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 47 posts

Posted: 12 Nov 17, 13:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wouldn't normally reply to a post like this, BUT FACT.....GLAMBERT USES PLAYBACK AND AUTO-TUNE ONSTAGE..TRUE FACT They even BRIAN would probably deny this but he does...you should hear GLAMBERT during a soundcheck without any help...mmmmmmm he's torture.....AND AGAIN ONLY SAYING BECAUSE IT'S A FACT...

MercurialFreddie user not visiting Queenzone.com
old fashioned dandy
MercurialFreddie
Royalty: 1038 posts

Posted: 12 Nov 17, 13:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well this is one of the ugly faces of modern technology when applied to a live setting. Auto-tune and other "live" filters... In ther 70's and the 80's you couldn't do much... In this circumstances one mights say "live, dangerous and risky"... really ?

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2326 posts

Posted: 12 Nov 17, 13:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QueenTwo wrote:

Wouldn't normally reply to a post like this, BUT FACT.....GLAMBERT USES PLAYBACK AND AUTO-TUNE ONSTAGE..TRUE FACT They even BRIAN would probably deny this but he does...you should hear GLAMBERT during a soundcheck without any help...mmmmmmm he's torture.....AND AGAIN ONLY SAYING BECAUSE IT'S A FACT...

. .... Fact having sound checked a band what audio engineer in is right mind would then add auto tune and playback.

The idea of a sound check is to

A: balance the sound within the venue. Each venue sounds different so FOH has to work to achieve a constant sound through the gig and through the tour.

B: allow the band to become accustomed to the on stage sound for that nights show. If there is an sequencing, playback or auto tuning it will be checked, run, used at sound check.

C: it allows the band time to re jig anything musical before the show.

D: it allows the crew, like the band, time to adjust to the room and iron out any foreseen problems. . .

I'm surprised you haven't tried claiming Steve Vai is back stage playing all the guitar parts because Brian can't. . . . .

Hey Robert, don't forget to Auto-Tune Roger's drums! ;))

philip storey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 589 posts

Posted: 12 Nov 17, 18:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am going to see Brian and Roger the week before Christmas at Birmingham ,the fact that they have this fat kid in leather outfit which does him no favours is in truth rather embarrising. Brian and Roger say he is good and Freddie would have approved !!!!One of the best concerts I ever witnessed was Knebworth 86 and Newcastle on the same tour.AL would never have been able to do Knebworth in front of some 150,000 Queen fans,no way.Lamberts albums are a mess,no rock n roll just like a lot of modern stuff these days dross.I hope I can enjoy the show it might be the last one I go to due to ill health,i just hope that Lambert does not spoil the occasion.

Vocal harmony

Posted: 12 Nov 17, 19:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

philip storey wrote:

....One of the best concerts I ever witnessed was Knebworth 86 and Newcastle on the same tour.AL would never have been able to do Knebworth in front of some 150,000 Queen fans,no way.Lamberts albums are a mess....

Lambert, fronting Queen has played to 250,000.

And if you want to compare solo work. Freddie couldn't have played a solo show to anything like 150,000 people. Mr Bad Guy bombed. If you're going to look at concert attendance or any other numbers be sure that what you're quoting actually makes some sense.

Posted: 12 Nov 17, 22:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Are you taking your meds ? You are seriously comparing Adam Lambert to Freddie Mercury ? Go and join the AL Fan Club,but please don't make yourself look like a complete tosser on this site ,you will get eaten alive.Freddie is like a god to Queen fans who followed rock music in the 70s and saw him in concert with Brian,Roger and John.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 2855 posts

Posted: 12 Nov 17, 22:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The show was magnificent today. Adam sounded like an opera singer singing Who Wants To Live Forever!

Vocal harmony

Posted: 12 Nov 17, 23:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

philip storey wrote:

Are you taking your meds ? You are seriously comparing Adam Lambert to Freddie Mercury ? Go and join the AL Fan Club,but please don't make yourself look like a complete tosser on this site ,you will get eaten alive.Freddie is like a god to Queen fans who followed rock music in the 70s and saw him in concert with Brian,Roger and John.

Try taking your meds than re read your comments on your post that I was answering too.

Your the tosser who made the comparison, I pointed out that Q+AL had played to a bigger audience than Queen at knebworth! Your post invited the comparison.

A couple of other things, I've been a fan since 74, but I don't seem to have the stupid limited mind set where I think Freddie was some kind of perfect god like being and no one else can stand in his shadow, or sing in the band he was in.

If you think Lambert is so bad, and fat (get your eyes checked) why are you wasting your time and money going to a gig?

SweetCaroline

Posted: 13 Nov 17, 03:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There is nothing fat about that gorgeous body!

Invisible Woman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Invisible Woman
Bohemian: 408 posts

Posted: 13 Nov 17, 10:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think that people who come to this forum just to write a post in which they write about Freddie as if someone is completely irrelevant in the Queen's history, as if he wasn't good singer and musician, are very rude.
I would never go to the forum of Adam Lambert just to write bad things about him.
People who love Adam tend to try to prove that Queen didn't even exist before Adam Lambert!?!?
It's true that he is only a kind of replacement, as Paul Rodgers before.
I don't have anything against Adam, but I don't like the way he sings Queen songs.
I love all those songs in Freddie's performance, no one will ever sing that songs better than Freddie.
Some people here talk about Adam in way as if he some kind of divine and they trying to minor Freddie's significance for the band.
It's really disgusting to me.
I don't have anything more to say about this.

Posted: 13 Nov 17, 11:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am going to the gig to see the show and have a good night out,also I want to see Brian and Roger.Yes I take my medication thanks for asking.I saw Queen plus AL at Hammersmith a couple of years ago and had a good time,its not easy for me to get to gigs these days as I am wheelchair user.Idont like your attitude ,but I guess you are what you are.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 13 Nov 17, 13:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal harmony

Posted: 13 Nov 17, 14:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

philip storey wrote:

Are you taking your meds ? . . . . . . Go and join the AL Fan Club,but please don't make yourself look like a complete tosser . . . .

May I remind you of the above. If you want to call me out on my attitude take a look at yours first. You were the person who posted this. I replied to it, in similar vain. If you can't handle someone who is prepared to answer you back, don't post anything that might invite some kind of come back.

What is even worse is that you then use your own illness/disability as some kind of thinly disguised defence.

I'm sorry you can't attend shows easily and I hope you enjoy the gig in Birmingham, despite Brian and Rogers choice of a fat front man!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 13 Nov 17, 14:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Their Hammersmith show was in 2012, the first year Adam performed with them in only 6 shows! Since then they have been around the world twice including South America. I think you will see a more comfortable Adam in Birmingham after more than 100 performances together! Adam is not there to replace Freddie like a clone but to bring his own unique talent to this collaboration. I hope you have a wonderful time!

Posted: 13 Nov 17, 18:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just hope that you never end up in a wheelchair.All the things that I used to enjoy have been taken away ,I still have my music to keep me happy and I enjoy my concerts ,where I go and lose myself for two hours ,my problems are forgotten.I am not after anybodys sympathy especially not yours.I am looking forward to going to see Deep Purple on Friday with support from Europe.Now lets just agree to disagree and leave things alone as I don't want to tell anymore about my problems.

pankakesnotstellar user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 6 posts

Posted: 14 Nov 17, 00:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So apparently there are more PUSSIES here than I thought (and there were plenty enough on You Tube!)

You think that the fact that Adam forgets lyrics sometimes supports your idea that he is not worthy to stand in Freddie's place and that he is bored and should be replaced. Nevermind that Freddie messed up lyrics, too. Lyrics he himself wrote. Or that all performers have occasional lapses. As long as QAL are selling out arenas around the world (and raking in big paychecks) I will protect my blood pressure by avoiding those who think Roger and Brian should be playing bingo in a retirement home somewhere, and Adam is a terrible singer/performer.

As for Adam messing up lyrics, what he does on stage is an incredible feat of multi-tasking.
- Singing as he does is technically very demanding. He has to finely control and tune tone, breath, pitch, and support.
- He has to sing while traversing the stage front to back, left to right, plus the catwalk.
- He has to walk, move and dance in those ridiculous heels.
- He has to monitor the sound he is being fed and the sound he is producing and adjust or call for adjustments constantly.
- He has to hit his pre-set marks for auditory and lighting cues.
- He has to interact with the band and include them. Not be narcissistically focused.
- He has to monitor the audience for reactions.
- He has to adapt and interact with the audience.
- He has to decide how he is going to interpret the song, and how he is going to vary it with riffs.
- He has to portray different characters and genres: fierce, rock god, silly, vaudeville, rock-a-billy, operatic
- He has to handle unexpected glitches with lighting, sound, mics, audience members, band members
- He has to do lightning fast costume changes.
- He has to maintain his vocal and physical fitness for a 2 hour marathon.
- Oh, and he has to remember 2 hours worth of lyrics.

When did Freddie have to do all of this?????? It is remarkable to watch Adam work and give a performance that is so close to perfection. As Brian says, it IS dangerous. It should be forgiven if he flubs any song's lyrics from time to time. But you haters have proven this notion that death has erased all of Freddie's flaws. Adam is Queen's man now so you should get over it.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 2563 posts

Posted: 14 Nov 17, 01:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You really don't know much about Freddie. Actually, the way you are going, I'd say you know fuck all about Freddie and that you don't want to know.
Sure, Freddie forgot and messed up lyrics at times. Freddie had more concerns with a live performance than let's say picking out the color for confetti.
AL isn't the be all and end all that you think he is. Keep slating Freddie to try to make AL seem better, because it makes you seem like a pussy yourself.