Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Can you pussies stop whining about Freddie?

forum rss feed
Author

Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 138 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jan 18, 00:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rockchic65
Yes, Adam loves to improvise and change up his songs. But he CAN also reproduce the studio recordings almost perfectly live. And he did it in the TV-shows, when he promoted his last album. The speculation, if he was really singing live was more in comment-sections. Nothing big from what I saw. But it’s common, that it’s playback on TV. So people assume it, even if someone sings live. And there Adam is the same as Queen: He always sings live! (at least that’s how I experienced it).

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 199 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 18, 02:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There have been more than a few comments about " he can't sound like that live" over the years. Since my mind is not a steel trap anymore, I can't be specific, but I have seen it often enough. There was actually talk about it on Adamtopia a few months ago so it had to be with Queen, but the details escape me! I guess most folks are not used to singers that don't lip synch and have numerous backing tracks and backing singers that cover up their voices. I do think that he changes things up from recordings just to disprove that! Honestly I can't think of any popular singers that sing live as well as he. Unless you are used to classical singers and opera singers, most pop stars are pretty erratic. Sometimes I cringe when I hear them sing! Luckily, that doesn't happen with Adam. He sounded as strong or stronger at Wembley than he did at the beginning of the European tour. Whatever he does to protect his voice, it sure works. He kind of reminds me of Tom Brady! He is also amazing, just in a different way!

I had forgotten about "Stay". That had to be one of the most exquisite songs ever. He sang it with so much emotion! I am always amazed at the folks who say he sings with no emotion (looking at you QOL!). That is one criticism I have never understood at all. Some of the others I get, but not that. I also loved "Chokehold" and thought it would have been a perfect song for 50 Shades of Grey. Lucy and the Light were also two of my favorites!! Sounds as if we like a lot of the same songs. I love him on ballads, but Lucy, Light and Fever were some of my favorites! It is funny but What do you want from me was never one of my favorites. I listened to the CD with my son who was in his late 20's at the time and he immediately said that was going to be huge. The label needs him to pick singles for Adam as he was spot on! I don't think the labels have picked the best singles for him. I think Naked Love could have been huge. If that had been a boy band, it would have been. I am hoping for some good tracks this year and more QAL. I wish they would record a couple songs and put out a good DvD from a concert. I got the Japanese one from Summer Sonic, but the quality was not the best and the set list was only partial and they didn't do some of my favorites such as WWTLF. They did, however, do" I Was Born To Love you", which I absolutely love!

Posted: 03 Jan 18, 02:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am done, Icy! You can be the Bitch Queen! I only posted to tell you how unpleasant the quarreling is, but you don't get it. From now on I skip anything with your name, as you never talk about a real topic unless it is to pick AL and Queen apart or Sweet Caroline! Go for it! Maybe other folks can have pleasant discussions by just ignoring. Nobody cares about your posts and little tiffs with other posters.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Royalty: 1525 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 18, 02:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I am done, Icy! You can be the Bitch Queen! I only posted to tell you how unpleasant the quarreling is, but you don't get it. From now on I skip anything with your name, as you never talk about a real topic unless it is to pick AL and Queen apart or Sweet Caroline! Go for it! Maybe other folks can have pleasant discussions by just ignoring. Nobody cares about your posts and little tiffs with other posters.

Someone piss n your corn flakes today...or lately? You are another one who loses it over nothing. Get a fucking grip on yourself.
The thing about you is that you came just to bitch at me from you very first post. So please don't even try to be innocent, cause you aren't. When the hell have I picked Queen apart? I don't like everything they did even though Queen are my favorite band. Queen + aren't Queen to me. I didn't look at Q+PR as Queen and I don't look around Q+AL as Queen.
What do you offer here except raging at me, oh wait but you can't help but to try to big up AL as well.
You are very obvious. You are another one who wants nothing but all praise for Adam. You have made that clear by now.

Posted: 03 Jan 18, 03:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Last response! I told you that i came to post to tell you how unpleasant I find your posts to everyone. Now I have told you multiple times and I am done. It doesn't compute with you. You resort to nasty words and ridiculous statements. I have already written more info about Queen and Adam and offered more thoughts than I think you have in all the years I have read your posts. Go read the last several posts. There are a lot of things in my posts to discuss. I am not bigging up AL. That is your problem right there. It can only be Freddie who anyone bigs up. Your problem, not mine. As far as deprecating Queen, you're kidding me, right? You have had many not so kind words about Roger and Brian since QAL's inception. Brian especially takes a hit from you. Can't really remember anything complimentary about them that you have written to be honest. They are basically idiots who big AL up and should either quit or find someone else. Maybe a small solo show (anything that doesn't include Adam basically) which would be very tiring at their age. I don't think their voices could handle a whole show singing. According to you, only Freddie and John (who does zip, but that is a plus in your universe!) deserve bigging up. I think you keep mentioning how John and Freddie should have bigger parts in the show. Not quite sure why. I think it is perfect as it is and so do millions of happy folks. I have been a Queen fan my whole life. I was in my early 20's in the 1970's and I had their records and later on their CD's. I am just not fixated on the Godlike Freddie. It would be a different thing if he were still alive, but he can't sing with them , so they have done the next best thing. They found a singer who can sing their whole catalog and someone they like and have fun with. I don't know why you would begrudge them that and it is obvious that you do. This does not in any way detract from Queen and Freddie. It is a way to keep the music alive and have fun while doing it! Everyone reveres Freddie and thousands of younger people have now opened their hearts to his music. What could be better?

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 03 Jan 18, 04:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Last response! I told you that i came to post to tell you how unpleasant I find your posts to everyone. Now I have told you multiple times and I am done. It doesn't compute with you. You resort to nasty words and ridiculous statements. I have already written more info about Queen and Adam and offered more thoughts than I think you have in all the years I have read your posts. Go read the last several posts. There are a lot of things in my posts to discuss. I am not bigging up AL. That is your problem right there. It can only be Freddie who anyone bigs up. Your problem, not mine. As far as deprecating Queen, you're kidding me, right? You have had many not so kind words about Roger and Brian since QAL's inception. Brian especially takes a hit from you. Can't really remember anything complimentary about them that you have written to be honest. They are basically idiots who big AL up and should either quit or find someone else. Maybe a small solo show (anything that doesn't include Adam basically) which would be very tiring at their age. I don't think their voices could handle a whole show singing. According to you, only Freddie and John (who does zip, but that is a plus in your universe!) deserve bigging up. I think you keep mentioning how John and Freddie should have bigger parts in the show. Not quite sure why. I think it is perfect as it is and so do millions of happy folks. I have been a Queen fan my whole life. I was in my early 20's in the 1970's and I had their records and later on their CD's. I am just not fixated on the Godlike Freddie. It would be a different thing if he were still alive, but he can't sing with them , so they have done the next best thing. They found a singer who can sing their whole catalog and someone they like and have fun with. I don't know why you would begrudge them that and it is obvious that you do. This does not in any way detract from Queen and Freddie. It is a way to keep the music alive and have fun while doing it! Everyone reveres Freddie and thousands of younger people have now opened their hearts to his music. What could be better?

You clearly came here with a ax to grind about me. You can try to say you came here to tell me how unpleasant you found my posts...all the while bitching me out, saying I should have been banned instead of someone else, that something should be done about me here. Tell yourself differently, and try to pull the wool over other posters eyes, if you think you were just telling me how unpleasant you found me. You got personal with me from the get go. You are saying you are done, but you obviously are not. What did you say above that I can be the bitch Queen? Honey, your own words are right in your own posts.
I doubt you have even read what I posted outside of the Q+AL threads, especially over on QOL. If you did read only the QAL threads, then you would know happy I was when Roger sang DOOL. You would know I liked AL singing Save Me. But hey, that doesn't match up with what and how you think of me, I guess. Go read before assuming things that you are wrong about.
I have never said Freddie was god like. I wouldn't say that about anyone actually. However, I do think Freddie was a very talented man, not only for singing but writing too. Freddie earned the status of being called a legend. Queen earned the status of being called a legendary band. Queen were legends before Q+AL or even Q+PR. Queen is where my loyalty lies,and frankly I'm not ashamed or sorry for my views. It's not because of AL Queen's music has been revived, it was never far from public eye anyways. It's not the Q+AL versions of songs being played at stadiums like WWRY and WATC has been played at sports events, being in adverts...that's a fact. Queen's albums still sell, are downloaded and that's not because of Lambert.
Yes I absolutely feel Freddie and John should be shown more in the shows more, especially more than they were shown in the last two legs of the tour. Its their music they did with Brian and Roger most of the time during their shows.I don't know why that gets to you. Are you worried it might take some attention from Lambert if they showed more of Freddie and John? I think to show even less of them is not good. If DOOL is too emotional for Roger to sing, then what about Old Friends? I get the impression that for some reason, Brian and Roger are squeezing in AL as much as possible, and at the expense of Freddie and John. And as a die hard Queen fan, that isn't a good thing.
How do you know that John does "zip". He retired, is not in the public eye, and that's his choice. I have no idea what he does, I hope is happy ad healthy these days. Believe me I hope Brian and Roger are happy and healthy too. I worry about Brian to a degree, because I know he can get into his dark place at times. I don't want Roger to be like Phil Collins, being so much in pain. I'm glad Brian and Roger are still here, out there, whatever you do think of me, know that, I just disagree with how some things are done. I think the next shows could be better with a few changes, adds, more thought put into it all basically.
If your post is the last reply to me, here is my last reply to you. I will never hold it against anyone for going to these shows or not going. Be well.

Invisible Woman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Invisible Woman
Bohemian: 346 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 18, 11:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline said videos and live streams don't count.
Why not? If it don't count why then you always give links for it in this forum?

Everything is counted if you ask me.
Thanks to videos and You Tube many,many people who didn't have the opportunity for some reasons or were little children or were not born at the time when Freddie performed live they saw and heard a lot of his live performing and feel his magic.That's something good and not something that doesn't count.

I watched live both of them,Freddie and Adam,only over the videos.
Of course it's not the same to be present at the concert, but I can say based on videos what I like more. So I can say this:
I don't see anything special about Adam's performances either in singing or in the context of a stage performance. I don't like how he sings Queen songs, especially Who wants to live forever,The Show Must Go On,Crazy Litlle Thing Called Love etc. I like how Freddie sang all these songs and how he performed on the stage.

For me, listening to Freddie's recorded songs is a thousand times better than Adam's live performances.
I don't intention to insult anyone with these words, I just say what I prefer and what I think.

Thats all from me in this thread.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Royalty: 1849 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 18, 11:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Invisible Woman, perhaps saying that videos and live streams “don’t count” was not the best way to convey what I meant. Yes, I posted those for the people who were unable to attend in person and it was the next best thing. What I meant is that you can’t hear and feel the full impact of that live performance and anyone who was lucky enough to see Freddie and the rest of Queen performing live would say the same about him (and them). If you have never seen QAL performing live, you cannot be a true judge of their power and majestic effect on their audiences. You just cannot get that from the limited scope of a video shot from a single angle.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 03 Jan 18, 13:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Invisible Woman wrote:

SweetCaroline said videos and live streams don't count.
Why not? If it don't count why then you always give links for it in this forum?

Everything is counted if you ask me.
Thanks to videos and You Tube many,many people who didn't have the opportunity for some reasons or were little children or were not born at the time when Freddie performed live they saw and heard a lot of his live performing and feel his magic.That's something good and not something that doesn't count.

I watched live both of them,Freddie and Adam,only over the videos.
Of course it's not the same to be present at the concert, but I can say based on videos what I like more. So I can say this:
I don't see anything special about Adam's performances either in singing or in the context of a stage performance. I don't like how he sings Queen songs, especially Who wants to live forever,The Show Must Go On,Crazy Litlle Thing Called Love etc. I like how Freddie sang all these songs and how he performed on the stage.

For me, listening to Freddie's recorded songs is a thousand times better than Adam's live performances.
I don't intention to insult anyone with these words, I just say what I prefer and what I think.

Thats all from me in this thread.

She is very contradictory at times. It doesn't count to watch streams, then post after post about streams and world clocks and the like... alrighty then.
@ Invisible Woman, I agree with what you say here. AL has surprised me in a good way at times, but mostly all flash with very little substance more often than not. By flash, I mean the bike, the cape, the crown, the scripted banter, the crawling around, the cheesy moves AL does at times...quite gimmicky at times, maybe too much gimmicks, too often.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*To whom it may concern.
I don't need/want links to videos about AL hitting high notes, either solo or of Q+AL. I don't need/want links of other artists, including Brian and Roger, saying AL is a gift from God. I don't need/want videos comparing him to Freddie. I don't need/want glowing articles/tweets to "prove" that my opinions above is "wrong".

Posted: 03 Jan 18, 14:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is a QAL forum so I guess videos and links of the band members are fair game. Lots of artist forums are esp fond of videos of high notes. There was one website that just tracked that stuff for comparison's sake. Can't remember the name. There were lists for everything pertaining to the actual voice. I spent a lot of time on that site years ago and it wasn't because of Adam. It probably is still around! People who are interested in the vocals, might just find that something they would like to look at and discuss. Comparisons of range, how long notes are held, etc are quite fascinating sometimes. Everyone else can ignore if it is not breaking the rules. Just scroll over if it doesn't interest you. I like to look at videos of different singers and see the comparisons. I find it very interesting to learn more about the actual voices! Some of the social media not so much, but discussions of vocals, that is cool! One of the other Adam sites has a huge long thread that has been there since AI, and it is moderated by a vocal teacher and singer who answers all sorts of singing questions. Reading the comments, see her insights, and looking at videos, is one of my favorite things. I always look to see if something new is posted!

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Royalty: 1909 posts

Posted: 03 Jan 18, 14:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

2018 latest fashion. Writing without paragraphs!

You read it here first folks.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 03 Jan 18, 14:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

This is a QAL forum so I guess videos and links of the band members are fair game. Lots of artist forums are esp fond of videos of high notes. There was one website that just tracked that stuff for comparison's sake. Can't remember the name. There were lists for everything pertaining to the actual voice. I spent a lot of time on that site years ago and it wasn't because of Adam. It probably is still around! People who are interested in the vocals, might just find that something they would like to look at and discuss. Comparisons of range, how long notes are held, etc are quite fascinating sometimes. Everyone else can ignore if it is not breaking the rules. Just scroll over if it doesn't interest you. I like to look at videos of different singers and see the comparisons. I find it very interesting to learn more about the actual voices! Some of the social media not so much, but discussions of vocals, that is cool! One of the other Adam sites has a huge long thread that has been there since AI, and it is moderated by a vocal teacher and singer who answers all sorts of singing questions. Reading the comments, see her insights, and looking at videos, is one of my favorite things. I always look to see if something new is posted!

Don't post it on my account :P. I think have seen all those vids, articles, etc before on QOL. I don't know if others will be interested?
I sometimes read Adamtopia if that's the site you are referring to. I should catch up reading over there, I haven't dug deep in threads for awhile. PS...I am not a member over there. LOL.
Nice job of ignoring me by the way ;-).

SweetCaroline

Posted: 03 Jan 18, 16:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Live Adam riffing his little heart out:

http://www.instagram.com/p/Bdezl2cA-wB/

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 03 Jan 18, 21:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Slow news day, I take it because that's from two years ago. It was also posted on Adamtopia before you posted it here apparently. Begs the question why bring it here, as it has nothing to with what is being talked about here.

Vocal harmony

Posted: 04 Jan 18, 00:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

You make it sound like you're talking about a three year old!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 04 Jan 18, 04:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal harmony wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

Not quite.
The way she posts at times makes it seem like she's the three year old ;-)

Vocal harmony

Posted: 04 Jan 18, 14:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bullet with Butterfly Wings wrote:

Vocal harmony wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

Not quite.
The way she posts at times makes it seem like she's the three year old ;-)

The average three year old is mentally at least 36 months more advanced than most of those posts. . . . Oh hang on a minute! ;)

SweetCaroline

Posted: 04 Jan 18, 16:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gosh if I am being compared to a 3-year-old I should be happy that I’m not being compared to a bitter, old and stodgey woman like some others in this forum!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 05 Jan 18, 21:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Gosh if I am being compared to a 3-year-old I should be happy that I’m not being compared to a bitter, old and stodgey woman like some others in this forum!

All one has to do is read your posts when AL doesn't get what you want, sales, awards, appearances, for him to know you are bitter and jealous when that doesn't happen for AL. Then you get angry and upset at some other artists, Sam Smith and Adele are always in your cross hairs, and their fans.
Either way, try to grow up. You haven't learned a thing since August apparently. You are still trying to promote him, big him up, just as pushy as ever.

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6464 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 18, 10:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

You are a disturbing combination of a spoilt kindergartener, a teenager with a sexual fixation on a celebrity and an overly proud grandmother.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus