Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Boxset notw

forum rss feed
Author

mric! user not visiting Queenzone.com
mric!
Bohemian: 109 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Dec 17, 11:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"I asked on some thread at the time whether anybody had a correct box, as I didn't believe that there would be two printings. "

I have just unpacked my box which is fine, no misprint on mine.

Biggus Dickus user not visiting Queenzone.com
Biggus Dickus
Bohemian: 508 posts

Posted: 25 Dec 17, 12:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My copy was OK as well.

blueroom user not visiting Queenzone.com
blueroom
Champion: 84 posts

Posted: 25 Dec 17, 14:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just unpacked my box, and I have a misprinted newspaper. However as it was a gift I have no proof of purchase............ oh well! Other than that I'm very happy with the box, everything is high quality and the record sounds great, nice and warm compared to the CDs.

cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3514 posts

Posted: 27 Dec 17, 20:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chinwonder2 wrote:

cmsdrums wrote:

When the printing error was recognised in the NOTW box set, QOL stated it was only a “small” number of boxes affected.

Now QPL states “The process is a manual one and due to the number of fans who have been in contact, this is taking more time than expected”.

So...if they could state originally only a “small” number of affected sets then presumably they knew how many, yet now the number of fans wanting their sets corrected is more than expected?!?

Another case of QPL bullshit.....

I mean, I emailed them when I first got the boxset and I still have gotten no reply, I have since sent emails to all of their available email addresses around 3-5 days ago...Seriously?

-Chin

I submitted my request for a replacement, provided the proof of purchase and photo of my wrong poster, via the link and instructions on QOL and got an immediate page appear with an acknowledgement and claim submission reference, so the system seems ok to me.

Howell user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2080 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 17, 13:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The fact they want a proof of purchase is ridiculous. A lot of people got these as gifts for Christmas. For the sake of a 2p print and considering the profit they made on this, I find it all laughably embarrassing to say the least.

cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3514 posts

Posted: 05 Jan 18, 18:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My corrected insert has arrived in the post today - I only registered for the replacement on 23 December, so I’m happy with the turnaround time in light of Christmas in between too.

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4887 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 18, 17:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why isn't this thing on Spotify?

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

dysan user not visiting Queenzone.com
dysan
Deity: 3810 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 18, 19:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Because it will come up first in the Queen section as the latest release and new people will think WTF is this unfinished shit?

When Spotify first started the entire Queen section was all those bootleg gigs from the 100 Concerts drive. Not great for the casual punter.