Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Brian gettin' old

forum rss feed
Author

Queenman!! user is on Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Royalty: 1156 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Nov 17, 16:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We recently had a discussion about the setlist so far and how it changed almost zero compared to the start of Queen and AL 5 years ago.

I'm feelin more and more frustation about the whole Queen Brand and everything involved to it.

* almost similar setlist for 5 years now
* 1 day rehearsal for the Europe tour
* dropping NOTW songs after a few gigs
* dissapointed NOTW box release. (Except CD2)
* Brian's videos seeing him cycling on a machine ( Why not some backstage footage of the show, rehearsals, makin a Queen product etc.

What is wrong with these guys??

How do you guys feel about it.

You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!
RS_Protos user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 190 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 17, 16:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

( Why not some backstage footage of the show, rehearsals, makin a Queen product etc. ) sacred stuff, LOL, will never happen. Hey, at least you get the selfie videos, LOL, not sure what so exciting about that..................that's getting old too.

I was surprised he made "Last Hoizon" instrumental version available once for guitarist but that has been it.

It's all a business, just like they made people(some) believe there's nothing in the vaults.............

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6955 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 17, 16:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's not compulsory for him to do what we want him to do. Whoever's not interested in the concerts with Adam (e.g. myself) can simply refrain from attending, it's that simple. Same if you don't wanna watch his workout videos or read his tweets.

John hated Hot Space. Frederick's favourite singer was not Paul Rodgers. Rog didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Wales is not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 vox.
Oscar J user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1453 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 17, 17:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, I generally tend to stay away from their/his current activities. I appreciate Queen and Brian mainly as songwriters and performers, so there's not really that much in it for me. There's enough demand and appreciation for the same old show though, the awkward selfies and rants about various inconveniences, so why would they stop? :)

Queenman!!

Posted: 21 Nov 17, 19:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sebastian wrote:

It's not compulsory for him to do what we want him to do. Whoever's not interested in the concerts with Adam (e.g. myself) can simply refrain from attending, it's that simple. Same if you don't wanna watch his workout videos or read his tweets.

-------------------------------------------

Of course you have a point if not interested refrain, but it's good for people to speak out their unbelieve and dissapointment about the band they grew up with.

people on streets user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1555 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 17, 21:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What's that good for exactly?

Like Sebas says: stay away from it if you don't like it. Brian, Roger, John & Jim don't owe you anything. They can do whatever they want.

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 3719 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 17, 21:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well. Get used to it. It's not going to change. There's no demand except among hard core fans for anything concerning the early days or crazY tour heck...even INNUENDO

Lower your expectations and try not to let it stress you

I'm sure there'll be a few more frivolous items before there's anything good

"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHTt!"
Golden Salmon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 338 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 17, 23:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wish I was a badger. Whenever Brian hugged me, I would whisper in his ear: *growl* release the Anthologies... *growl*

Nitroboy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Nitroboy
Royalty: 1522 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 17, 23:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No shit there's no demand for anything of interest. The band is constantly acting as if all they ever made was Greatest Hits 1 & 2.

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 3719 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 02:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They've done the hot sauce. Monopoly. The tea set. ...I'm just wondering what's next INSTEAD of a DVD/blu-ray set of 70's gigs modestly priced to sell.

I'm telling u...they should've copied KISS and did a QUEENOLOGY by 7 year sets or something.

Containing mini docs promos and sequential shows from different tours. 3 4DVD sets would cover it.

Might get redundant to some but that's why the price would be right.

At least THAT would get maximum respect and turn heads to these kids going to these Lambert shows.

Whaaaaaa???

"QUEEN were a ROCK band???"

My money is on a Jim Beach life size bust/coin bank. Glasses, Hawaiian shirt etc.

Electronic bank that says "PROPERTY OF QUEEN PRODUCTIONS" everytime you drop a coin in.

Also a band photo spread and bio sheet featuring information only of Brian May ;-)

"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHTt!"
john bodega user not visiting Queenzone.com
john bodega
Deity: 12843 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 03:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What are you on about?! The setlists have been pretty risky, live and dangerous

Queenman!!

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 07:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

john bodega wrote:

What are you on about?! The setlists have been pretty risky, live and dangerous

-----------------------------

playing WWRY and WATC since 1977 and only play GDML and wrap this as a celebration of the 40th anniversay of NOTW is quite lame.

mr mason user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 235 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 08:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I had tickets for Manchester next month, i sold them last week,was only gonna go to hear 'Its Late' & 'SYW', the Yanks got a taste, we get fuck all,they are an English band, they should be loyal to their homeland!

Dr Magus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 363 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 10:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They are only loyal to their bank manager i'm afraid.

bradbobly user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 67 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 11:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, Brian and Roger are both getting old...as we all are sadly.

I have just watched Phil Collins rehearse for his upcoming tour.
Closed my eyes, listened and sounds great as always, open my eyes and see a frail old man that can hardly stand up...very sad.

I have been a Queen fan since 1978, i have been fortunate to see them live many times, also as solo artists and as Queen +.

I got to thinking what my expectations were when i first saw them live as a naive young 14 year old...the only song i wanted them to really play was Keep yourself alive...funny the opening riff still sends shivers down my spine for some reason.

Do i agree with all the recent products...no
Do i want to listen to Brian rant on about politics and badgers...no

So i choose what i purchase and do not read what Brian has the perfect right to say on the subject of badgers.

I look at it this way, if i was into Queen music, did not get a chance to see them live back in the day, but was able to see Brian and Roger still perform to a high standard with excellent production values the songs i loved i would happily take it.

This tour is not for me personally so i will not part with my hard earned money but i fully understand why it will please a lot of people in its current format.

I have my own memories of the original band who for me personally ( having seen many many bands such as The Who , The Stones , Genesis, Police ) were the greatest live band of all time

Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2623 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 12:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Age plays a huge part in what a band will or will not do, speaking as someone that has played in a band for nearly 40 years now I can tell you that you do adjust your set to reflect how you feel and what you are capable of doing, they are not angry young men anymore..... get over it, Queen have always had slightly odd ideas of what the fans wanted, in much the same way that Zepplin never released singles at the height of the single market, it somehow worked and kept them apart from 'other' bands, I think in some ways the fact that Queen show little of the how things are recorded and outtakes does leave tham also slightly apart from others and maintains the mystery, or maybe misery!
Fact is you can watch the same old shows on DVD for the rest of your life but if you want to see a glimmer of what made them so great go see them, they can still put on one of the best rock shows out there

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
bucsateflon user not visiting Queenzone.com
bucsateflon
Bohemian: 388 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 15:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian and Roger are great in what they do with Queen.

fuckers
N0_Camping4U user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 111 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 17, 01:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sebastian wrote:

If you don't like what the OP says, it isn't compulsory for you to reply or for him to do what you want him to do. Whoever's not interested in his topic/ideas can simply refrain from replying or trying to project their opinion on what someone should say or do, it's that simple.
Same if you don't want to read what he says in other topics, or anyone for that matter, if they don't correspond with exactly how YOU want someone to think.

Hope this helps.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 2169 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 17, 05:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I find this tour the least exciting of all the Q+AL tours. I stand by my views that it could have been so much better.

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 6955 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 17, 07:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

N0_Camping4U wrote:

If you don't like what the OP says, it isn't compulsory for you to reply or for him to do what you want him to do. Whoever's not interested in his topic/ideas can simply refrain from replying or trying to project their opinion on what someone should say or do, it's that simple.
Same if you don't want to read what he says in other topics, or anyone for that matter, if they don't correspond with exactly how YOU want someone to think.

Yeah, I agree. It also applies to your reply to my reply.

John hated Hot Space. Frederick's favourite singer was not Paul Rodgers. Rog didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Wales is not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 vox.