Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Brian gettin' old

forum rss feed
Author

Day dop user not visiting Queenzone.com
Day dop
Royalty: 1145 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 17, 08:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^ Looks like the guitar string broke. It looks hilarious though, the way the lights go on Brian, he goes to do his thing, then it all fucks up and he walks off lol

What's happened with the edit / quote / reply to other comments buttons on here btw? I am not seeing them.

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6598 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 17, 11:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Day dop wrote:

^ Looks like the guitar string broke. It looks hilarious though, the way the lights go on Brian, he goes to do his thing, then it all fucks up and he walks off lol

What's happened with the edit / quote / reply to other comments buttons on here btw? I am not seeing them.

They're still there, but invisible now. Just like the members, pm, etc. buttons. Don't know why, another fluke I guess. If you put your cursor over the place where the icon used to be, you'll see the invisible button still works.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Chopin1995 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Chopin1995
Bohemian: 728 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 17, 14:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queenman!! wrote:

Poor Brian , he screwed de bo rhap solo complete in Leeds. What happened? Due to smoke or...???

https://youtu.be/6OUIMjmn9WI

Sounds quite familiar :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=898FXAHCqJ0

Chopin1995 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Chopin1995
Bohemian: 728 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 17, 14:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queenman!! wrote:

Poor Brian , he screwed de bo rhap solo complete in Leeds. What happened? Due to smoke or...???

https://youtu.be/6OUIMjmn9WI

Sounds quite familiar :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=898FXAHCqJ0

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2343 posts

Posted: 10 Dec 17, 16:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And there you have it. Guitar problems, or Brian hitting wrong notes ( occasionally ) has nothing to do with his age. The people bringing the subject up are the ones who have a shock coming because quite possibly they are the ones who aren't aware that we are all in the same boat, if we make it that far.

Don't judge unless you've taken time to learn something about what you are passing judgement on.

Fireplace user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 988 posts

Posted: 10 Dec 17, 17:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Quite happy to see Brian getting old, considering the alternative.

Queenman!! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Royalty: 1191 posts

Posted: 10 Dec 17, 19:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

edit>>

You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!
Queenman!!

Posted: 10 Dec 17, 19:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queenman!! wrote:

Vocal harmony wrote:

And there you have it. Guitar problems, or Brian hitting wrong notes ( occasionally ) has nothing to do with his age. The people bringing the subject up are the ones who have a shock coming because quite possibly they are the ones who aren't aware that we are all in the same boat, if we make it that far.

Don't judge unless you've taken time to learn something about what you are passing judgement on.

-----------------------------------------------

I'm not judging at all, I could not see what happened and why the solo went wrong.Smoke, string break, he forgot which key he was on the guitar neck . Of course everybody make mistakes and some are because of age. You can see how much the show is over -produced and why Brian plays each solo and riffs the same night. In the early days there was a lot more freedom to impovise and they rehearsed weeks before a tour started.

I think you should learn a bit more. When somebody ask an open question you never judge right???So It's quite legitimate to ask this question on this topic.
Please stop using smart ONE-liners that make no sense at all. You just make a fool of yourself.

Rich Tea user not visiting Queenzone.com
Rich Tea
Bohemian: 301 posts

Posted: 10 Dec 17, 22:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

At Manchester last night the show & band were brilliant it was simply awesome......

I do understand hardcore fans frustrations I'm one myself but when you are in the middle of 21,000 people who've come to see Queen you realise that the only setlist they can play (unless they are promoting something new) is a greatest hits one. I loved Stone Cold Crazy, Get Down Make Love etc but 80% of those around me just hadn't got a clue. i wasn't in the middle of a bunch of Glamberts either the general make up of the crowd from what I could see was pretty much like my own group of 6 - Dad = Hardcore Queen Fan, Mum - Casual Queen Fan - Rest of Family 2 to 4 people wanting to experience the legend they have grown up with but only knowing GH1, 2 & 3.

Anyway whatever the excuse/reason 40 years after my first Queen gig it was fantastic to be able to share the experience with my daughters and their partners for the first time and they loved every minute of it...........

Shadow boxing with yourself just seems to get you no where!
Daniel Nester user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daniel Nester
Bohemian: 778 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 17, 01:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Guitar mistakes in Leeds = old age.

Got it.

God Save My Queen and God Save My Queen II | Soft Skull Press | http://www.danielnester.com
Dr Magus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 425 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 17, 11:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it was Sydney 85 where Brian hilariously hits the wrong note right before the opera section. It was filmed by an audience member.

Vocal harmony

Posted: 11 Dec 17, 13:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queenman!! wrote:

Queenman!! wrote:

Vocal harmony wrote:

I'm not judging at all, I could not see what happened and why the solo went wrong.Smoke, string break, he forgot which key he was on the guitar neck . Of course everybody make mistakes and some are because of age. You can see how much the show is over -produced and why Brian plays each solo and riffs the same night. In the early days there was a lot more freedom to impovise and they rehearsed weeks before a tour started.

I think you should learn a bit more. When somebody ask an open question you never judge right???So It's quite legitimate to ask this question on this topic.
Please stop using smart ONE-liners that make no sense at all. You just make a fool of yourself.

Do I really?

In my reply I didn't name you specifically, I was talking in general. As for Brian's playing, he has never drifted far from the rehearsed songs, no matter what stage of the band's career you look at. I'm not saying never but certainly not as much as you seem to think.

As for you're open question. Look again at what you have written. Your heading is a statement not a question. . . .

If you read down through this thread, you are full of negative views and criticism of what the band are doing, but you seem unable to understand any that may be in anyway directed at you or conflicts with your view

One last point. One liners, not really, but why write 600 words when a couple of lines says what needs to be said.

Ivo-1976 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 159 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 17, 15:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian is 70, Roger 68. I'm pretty sure they don't really need the money.

Of course it's not getting easier for them, but I respect them for going out there and doing their thing.
Many fans enjoy their shows.

These guys gave us a lot of good music. And great shows. They can do whatever they like.

We would all have loved Freddie and John to be there with them, but this is as good as it's going to get.

If you don't like it, don't go.

Queenman!!

Posted: 11 Dec 17, 16:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal harmony wrote:

Queenman!! wrote:

Queenman!! wrote:

Vocal harmony wrote:

Do I really?

In my reply I didn't name you specifically, I was talking in general. As for Brian's playing, he has never drifted far from the rehearsed songs, no matter what stage of the band's career you look at. I'm not saying never but certainly not as much as you seem to think.

As for you're open question. Look again at what you have written. Your heading is a statement not a question. . . .

If you read down through this thread, you are full of negative views and criticism of what the band are doing, but you seem unable to understand any that may be in anyway directed at you or conflicts with your view

One last point. One liners, not really, but why write 600 words when a couple of lines says what needs to be said.

---------------------------------------------------

The header should be a bit different ... that's correct., but I just wanted t say that his age may cause a few problems down the road that forces Brian May to play at save these days

* I think his knee and personal health are mainly the reason he cycles each day on that machine for staying fit
* The show is not that risky and daring anymore when it comes to Brian's guitar playing. Read the previous treads to about his style of guitar playing and how Brian avoids playing the things that are difficult . Besides I think it's is really, because of the programmed lights, sounds and visual effects the band seems to play the songs in a kind of time frame.
* A lot of people complanined about the tempo of the songs. To slow which makes the songs loosing a bit of the magic.

mutualcore user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 17, 20:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Honestly rock&roll is a young man's game. For Brian & Roger to still be out there at 70 is frankly remarkable.

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3478 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 17, 02:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I assume the original poster on this thread is very young....thinking early 20's? I'm 46 and feel the age already. So all respect for old men in their 70's still working and being productive. With all due respect I want the person who started this thread come back in 30, 40 years and tell us how he looks and feels at 60 or 70 years old. That's if he makes it that far. Those youngsters make me laugh.

Queenman!!

Posted: 14 Dec 17, 10:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually Mike I’m 37.but I’m certainly not imagine Brian is that young anymore.

In fact my point is that I feel sorry for Brian and Roger had to call it a day sooner than we may think.

But to me every form of criticism and realism about the band on this forum seems not okay.

I just sampled up a few points that caught my eye during this tour and want to discuss about what others think.No bad offense or something...

Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2671 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 17, 11:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've spent 35 years playing in a band, and anyone will tell you that no matter how many times you play something there's always the chance it will go wrong, that's life, strings break, you play the wrong notes, lets face it those of us old enough to drive who maybe like myself have been driving ever day of out lives for 40 + years will still make the odd mistake

It's pointless to be critical of a musicain when something like that happens, and if you do then I guess you must be perfect 100% of the time in all you do.....

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
Vocal harmony

Posted: 14 Dec 17, 14:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Togg you're spot on.

The internet gives everyone the chance to become a critic with no editor outlining a frame work and no real thought about what is being said. I'm sure half the people typing some of this stuff would never say anything like it if they came face to face with either the people they are talking about or the people they are expecting to read it.

What really gets me is if YouTube and forums were available in the late 70's and early 80's these same people would have targeted every imperfection Freddie showed and he would be a major target for the unrelenting shit.

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3478 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 17, 15:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I do feel the Internet gives every idiot a voice.....I read this forum, youtube, facebook ect and think It's time too give it all up. Just adds noise to your life.