Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Brian gettin' old

forum rss feed
Author

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3305 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Dec 17, 15:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As far as This tour goes I can't really praise or critisize it since I don't have an Interest.

LiveHouse user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 17, 16:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello,GNR has not changed the set list for 20 years.but not bad...

kevin79 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 55 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 15:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'll admit that I was disappointed when I heard they dropped SYW and It's Late from the setlist. But from the moment Frank punched through that screen in Philly until he waved goodbye, I had such a great time singing and clapping along to all of the great songs they did play. They've got a great front man in Adam. Yes, he's no Freddie. But he admits as much in every show. But it's obvious he's a big fan of their songs and gives everything he can to give that music the respect it deserves and give the fans their money's worth.

It's also obvious that Brian and Roger still love going out on stage and playing those songs for their fans. Yes they may not be spring chickens anymore and may have to work harder to keep themselves in tour shape than they did in their 20's and 30's. But to me, that's not something to mock or scoff at. Instead we should give them some respect for wanting to keep themselves in good shape so that they can deliver the best shows possible to the fans going to see them.

Rich Tea user not visiting Queenzone.com
Rich Tea
Bohemian: 296 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 01:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I seriously doubt had Freddie kept his health and been with us today he would still be touring I really think people on here should show BM & RMT more respect than they do the shows have been spectacular and AL has fitted in very well.

Shadow boxing with yourself just seems to get you no where!
Martin Packer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts

Posted: 17 Dec 17, 11:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

At Wembley on 15th I was getting concerned that they weren't using the runway much. But then Brian explained he had a virus and I could see why he was less energetic.

In the end there was plenty of attention for us at the end of the runway.

Martin
mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3305 posts

Posted: 17 Dec 17, 19:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here and there I will check out some songs with adam on youtube....the kids singing ability is not in Question. He could sing. The problem is he's not a rock singer., so he sounds silly singing the heavier tracks... Again, I'm not a fan of Queen + Adam or Rodgers....but I do think he's a better fit for Queen than Rodgers was. He brings young fans into the mix. Something Rodgers couldn't do. So I'm not bashing Lambert. I Just wish Iconic bands like Queen Sabbath, The Who would call it a day when half the band Quit or die. Journey also got a singer who could hit all the notes, but is it really the same? Someone here said Queen are touring with an American Idol loser.....but the loser could sing, and he's singing with one of the best bands of all time. I wish I could be a loser like Adam. So all in all I'm personally not a fan of anything post 1995 with Made In Heaven, but realize Brian And Roger must do what they love and that's touring. It's not for the money at this point. My Question is would they consider recording an album with the American Idol loser? All Joking aside.........I think he Improved enough to consider it, and it can't be much worse than TCR.

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6813 posts

Posted: 18 Dec 17, 04:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He's a loser because he lost the final to Kris Allen, thus making Kris the winner and Adam the loser.

John hated Hot Space. Frederick's favourite singer was not Paul Rodgers. Rog didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Wales is not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 vox.
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 19937 posts

Posted: 19 Dec 17, 01:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sebastian wrote:

He's a loser because he lost the final to Kris Allen, thus making Kris the winner and Adam the loser.

He lost a reality TV show and instead got arguably the most coveted gig in the biz for a rock singer.

I'd say he won.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Sebastian

Posted: 19 Dec 17, 01:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

'An American Idol loser' only implies what happened when he was a contestant. If I said 'a life loser' or 'a music loser', that'd certainly be incorrect. Same for, say, Messi: he's a 'World Cup and America Cup loser,' at least for the moment. That doesn't make him a bad footballer (he's by far the best there's been in a long time), just like Adam's not by any means a bad singer, but still, the term 'American Idol loser' is accurate for Adam and 'World Cup final loser' is accurate for Leo.

John hated Hot Space. Frederick's favourite singer was not Paul Rodgers. Rog didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Wales is not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 vox.
Martin Packer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts

Posted: 19 Dec 17, 10:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And his consolation prize... :-)

Martin
Sebastian

Posted: 19 Dec 17, 15:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, you know what they say: 'the runner-up takes it all.'

noorie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 696 posts

Posted: 19 Dec 17, 19:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Real Wizard wrote:

He lost a reality TV show and instead got arguably the most coveted gig in the biz for a rock singer.

I'd say he won.

Perfect!!!