Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Would you folks consider Adam Lambert a "rock star"?

forum rss feed
Author

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 2053 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 10:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam is a better live performer than recording artist. His powerful voice was meant to be heard in large arenas and stadiums and not manipulated with studio recording equipment. That’s why he has thrived as a Queen front man more than a recording artist. He’s not a weepy soul singer like big record sellers and Grammy winners Adele and Sam Smith. He has three good albums but the singles from those albums have not been hits. When he has toured those albums worldwide he brings an exciting live rock edge to the songs that don’t come across as rock in the studio.atmosphere.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Royalty: 1727 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 11:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How do you think he is better live than in studio, sweetcaroline? By that, I mean in his own solo career.

master marathon runner user not visiting Queenzone.com
master marathon runner
Royalty: 1391 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 12:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hahahahah !

Master Marathon Runner
LOTV user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 234 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 13:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like Adam, he's alright for what he is. It's enjoyable seeing the music live and he does a good job of carrying the tunes.

He's not a rock star, he's a pop singer who would be suited to musical theater, which is pretty much what QAL is.

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Royalty: 1978 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 14:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Adam is a better live performer than recording artist. His powerful voice was meant to be heard in large arenas and stadiums and not manipulated with studio recording equipment. That’s why he has thrived as a Queen front man more than a recording artist. He’s not a weepy soul singer like big record sellers and Grammy winners Adele and Sam Smith. He has three good albums but the singles from those albums have not been hits. When he has toured those albums worldwide he brings an exciting live rock edge to the songs that don’t come across as rock in the studio.atmosphere.

Priceless

By that reckoning bands like Led Zeppelin, The Who, Deep Puple Queen ( the original band with that Bulsara fellow) should have returned piss poor record sales despite sellout tours

You heard it here first people Adam Lamberts voice was never meant to be recorded!!

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 3596 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 14:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Glam rocker with the best of them, including Mercury, Bowie, Elvis, Bono and Michael Jackson!

Clearly u must be new to this planet.

Since when oh when were ELVIS, BONO & MICHAEL JACKSON glam rockers? ???

"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHTt!"
Russian Headlong user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 517 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 15:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

personally cannot stand the fairy fellow, nothing but a reality show karaoake winner and I have zero interest in seeing the band with him fronting.

"Give it to me one more time!"
SweetCaroline

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 16:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam didn’t WIN American Idol because it was on a homophobic TV station (Fox) with homophobic viewers who preferred the GWG (guys with guitars) to the guy with guyliner! There were 6 of them who won in a row including the year Adam came in 2nd. The guys who won are nowhere now. The ones who made it are Kelly ,and Carrie. Adam is the energizer bunny who has kept on going for the 8 years since Idol because his raw talent cannot be denied. He is a solo singer and shouldn’t be compared to recording bands like Led Zeppelin, The Who, U2 and Queen. Even Freddie was not successful when he went solo. Adam Levine would not sell records if he wasn’t part of the Maroon 5 band.

SweetCaroline

LOTV user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 234 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 17:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Adam didn’t WIN American Idol because it was on a homophobic TV station (Fox) with homophobic viewers who preferred the GWG (guys with guitars) to the guy with guyliner! There were 6 of them who won in a row including the year Adam came in 2nd. The guys who won are nowhere now. The ones who made it are Kelly ,and Carrie. Adam is the energizer bunny who has kept on going for the 8 years since Idol because his raw talent cannot be denied. He is a solo singer and shouldn’t be compared to recording bands like Led Zeppelin, The Who, U2 and Queen. Even Freddie was not successful when he went solo. Adam Levine would not sell records if he wasn’t part of the Maroon 5 band.

Freddie has had a UK no1 you fucking imbecile. You don't knwo anything about Freddie or Queen in your little bubble. Don't mention the cunt from Maroon 5 in the same conversation as Freddie.

Kindly fuck off.

Jedi Knight user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jedi Knight
Champion: 66 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 17:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe a second class pop star, but for sure he's a C-lebrity.

Jimmy Dean user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 644 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 17:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To settle this argument...

And I’m a lambert supporter in respect of his work with queen...

Where would Adam Lambert be today if queen never asked him to join them?

Where would queen be if Adam Lambert never existed.

I think the question is rhetorical. But feel free to chime in.

Then compare your answers to the likes of Elvis, Bono, The Who, etc. unfortunately, Adam Lambert, as talented as he may be, is not a sufficient self starter. Freddie Mercury, Bono, Townshend, etc these guys helped to build their brand from the ground up. You’re comparing McDonalds to a hole in the wall fast food restaurant.

Yes Adam Lambert is talented. No, we’d probably never see him again after he lost American idol. And American idol is a stupid way to figure out who will be a star. It’s a flavor of the month vote-in.

Is he a rock star today, clearly. Because he is fronting queen and is doing a great job. Will he be a rock star once queen is done with him? Ask Dennis DeYoung (unfortunately).

SweetCaroline

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 17:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jimmy Dean, thanks for a great post! I have no idea where Adam will be after this tour with Queen. After watching some of the so-called talent on the AMA show, the music industry has become very discouraging!

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 3596 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 17:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I asked Dennis DeYoung....

But unfortunately he won't hear me for another 6 years as sound travels at a slow rate through that godawful rug

Attachment: 201711221470538601.jpeg 15 KB
This has been downloaded 9 time(s).

"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHTt!"
ggo1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 215 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 18:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think he's an excellent performer, has a good voice and I'm happy with him fronting this version of Queen, I personally find it closer to the original concerts than the ones with Paul Rodgers. But he's not a rock star. Big Personality, and talented but I don't think he'd be singing rock songs if he didnt have the Queen gigs. My favourite Adam moments in the shows are the ballads. His version of WWTLF is stunning, but he doesn't seem right on TYMD or SCC.
Freddie was undoubtedly the best rock performer I had the pleasure to see live and he WAS absolutely a rock star. But Queen don't need a rock star right now, they need a good singer who can pull off a wide range of material. Views differ as to whether Adam is the right guy it for me he does a decent job. On the other hand I understand people who don't like him fro ting them. But he hasn't stolen Fred's job, Fred isn't here any more so we have to make do.
And a 71 year old Freddie wouldn't sing the songs the way we remember him doing them.
Truth is there can't be a replacement for Freddie, he was a one off, but I think Adam does a good job. Rock Star no. Entertainment Star. Yeah, probably. Bet he can't go out without getting mobbed.

whynot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 51 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 18:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No way!!!

flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1463 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 19:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I actually like some of his solo work but no disrespect to AL but he is not a rock star he would be great in a West End musical, at times i cringe when he performs with Brian and Roger as he comes across more like a screaming drag queen. I heard him say he wants to perform with Led Zep erm... interesting thought ha. If he toned that drag side down he would be fab in Erasure, just joking ha. ( hides from SweetCaroline )

oo la la
Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Royalty: 1727 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 20:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Homophobia again, sweetcaroline?! You have used that excuse for so many things to do with Lambert. He didn't win Idol, his music wasn't shown or played all because of it, according to you. And I don't believe it, you have used that so many times, it's like crying wolf.

vikkisusanne user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 21:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't get all the negativity here. What exactly is a rock star anyway? Opinions vary and change over time. What I do know for certain is that Brian and Roger have made their choice and are sticking to it. In the meantime, AL has given them renewed vigor and QAL is bringing joy to hundreds of thousands of multigenerational people, and introducing new audiences to their music as well. Why don't Queen fans respect their choice? The world needs more happiness. Why would you piss on that? It seems misguided and probably not what Freddie would want based on statements he made near the end of his life.

sizzling user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 21:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Would I consider Adam Lambert a rock star? I don't know the exact definition of a rock star (lol) but wow(!) the man has pipes and some swag!!! And he is easy on the eyes too. Definite star qualities for me. He must have ballz of steel to tackle the Queen catalogue with so much confidence - big shoes to fill - but he's wearing his own and they look fabulous! I would see him again in a heart beat. I'm sure Freddie is smiling down. No need to compare but so cool that Brian and Roger can keep doing what they love to do. What a thrill!