Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Would you folks consider Adam Lambert a "rock star"?

forum rss feed
Author

sizzling user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 21:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

...oh I forgot to say that i saw them just recently at Olympiahalle in Munich. Sold out. And the crowd went NUTS! Me too.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 2855 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 21:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, it’s a fact that Adam’s solo music doesn’t get played on radio in America because most of the stations are owned by conservative executives.

“Sleepwalker” is a song from his first album that should have been a single. He rocks that song pretty hard when performing it on stage. I’d love to hear Brian playing the guitar solo in that song!

I have lots of faith in Adam that no matter what he does next he will be fine!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 21:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sleepwalker:

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/TZACqNnO9-E

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 2563 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 21:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Where's the facts sweetcaroline? You never had it before, do you have it now?

GrowUpGlamberts user not visiting Queenzone.com
GrowUpGlamberts
Champion: 82 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 22:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline, you bring up homophobia in the entertainment industry as the source of Adam's undoing, and while homophobia is unfortunately wildly rampant (especially in the US), do you have anything to back up your claims? Fox News is certainly a mouthpiece for conservatism in America, but what proof do you have that the Fox broadcast network had anything to do with the lull in his career post-Idol? After all, it is the same network that gave Seth McFarlane (a Kucinich progressive) two shows in "Family Guy" and "The Cleveland Show" around the same time Adam was becoming popular. It also has been a vehicle for Ryan Murphy's television projects since then ("Glee" and "American Horror Story"). He's no right-winger, either. The biggest drama on that network was "House" -- Hugh Laurie has been a big supporter of Labour here. So don't act as if it was Fox's "homophobia" that had to do with the interruption in Adam's career.

As for the radio station execs, do you have any solid evidence of their political leanings hurting Adam? I'm left-leaning myself, but I'll be the first to admit that Cumulus, iHeartMedia and Entercom donate about the same, if not more, to the Democrats than they do to the Republicans. You can't just scream "conservative!!!!" just because you don't like that you're guy isn't doing too hot career-wise.

GrowUpGlamberts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 22:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sizzling wrote:

Would I consider Adam Lambert a rock star? I don't know the exact definition of a rock star (lol) but wow(!) the man has pipes and some swag!!! And he is easy on the eyes too. Definite star qualities for me. He must have ballz of steel to tackle the Queen catalogue with so much confidence - big shoes to fill - but he's wearing his own and they look fabulous! I would see him again in a heart beat. I'm sure Freddie is smiling down. No need to compare but so cool that Brian and Roger can keep doing what they love to do. What a thrill!

You heard it here, folks... "Pipes" and "swag" are all you need to be a rock star! Jacking off a mic stand is just icing on the cake!

GrowUpGlamberts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 22:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

vikkisusanne wrote:

I don't get all the negativity here. What exactly is a rock star anyway? Opinions vary and change over time. What I do know for certain is that Brian and Roger have made their choice and are sticking to it. In the meantime, AL has given them renewed vigor and QAL is bringing joy to hundreds of thousands of multigenerational people, and introducing new audiences to their music as well. Why don't Queen fans respect their choice? The world needs more happiness. Why would you piss on that? It seems misguided and probably not what Freddie would want based on statements he made near the end of his life.

Brian and Roger don't need our approval today for us to be Queen fans. It is still possible to like Queen and not like their choice. Besides, the thread was not meant to open up hate -- it was a legitimate question to people here whether or not they think Adam is a rock star.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1241 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 22:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thought he was rocking Whole Lotta Love pretty hard here as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGmm8-E4wzA

Agree about the live vs recording - all the electronic stuff damps down the vocal and bumps up the music. Plus he lets loose live and keeps changing things up. Real instruments as opposed to electronic wizardry gives the songs a different feel and he's good at improvising on the spot, makes it more fun. His choice but he's got too good a voice for modern pop, he doesn't need all that auto-tune compressed stuff on his voice.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 22:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Glamberts coming to defend their guy! LOL.
GuG...thanks, you put it perfectly!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 22:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, we all went crazy with Adam’s various versions of Whole Lotta Love first on Idol, The 52-city Idol tour and his encore on his 112-city worldwide Glam Nation Tour, changing it up every time. Even Robert Plant didn’t do that! LOL

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 22:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who are 'we' you speak about?
Robert Plant didn't need to do that, sweetcaroline. Thankfully!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 22:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/BhjixkuKYVo

GrowUpGlamberts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 22:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Yes, we all went crazy with Adam’s various versions of Whole Lotta Love first on Idol, The 52-city Idol tour and his encore on his 112-city worldwide Glam Nation Tour, changing it up every time. Even Robert Plant didn’t do that! LOL

At least we are moving closer to topic. Robert Plant was a rock star, not a reality competition runner-up with touring obligations to his corporate television overlords.

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 22:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Yeah, first time Led Zep had been done on Idol. I heard they wouldn't give permission previously. Should have had slash play guitar on it as well, would have been cool.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 22:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Do you now have proof of your so called 'facts' sweetcaroline?Or are you trying to shift the discussion, or ignore what GuG pointed out to you? You have used homophobia as an excuse as to why Lambert isn't as popular as some other artists. And you never had anything to back it up. I guess you throw homophobia out there to big up and defend AL, so others can feel sorry for AL.
I'm fully aware of what homophobia actually is. I went through it. I know it exists. Not the way you think when Lambert doesn't get airplay, awards, and selling like some other artists. That's butthurt on AL's behalf.
You live with your head in the sand or up AL's ass, sweetcaroline. What really is sad, I'm sure you think you are helping AL. You simply are not.

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 22:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ignore the post further down, no idea what I did but it won't let me delete it - meant it as a reply to the vid link.

Yeah, first time Led Zep had been done on Idol. I heard they wouldn't give permission previously. Should have had slash play guitar on it as well, would have been cool

pankakesnotstellar user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 6 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 23:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good to see there are finally some SANE voices on this forum. The fact is that Adam revived Queen's dead legacy after 21 years with dead HIGHLY OVERRATED singer.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 23:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hate to break it to you, troll, Queen's music was never dead. It lived n before Q+AL, and it will live on after Q+AL.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 23:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie wasn't highly overrated. He worked his ass off through the years while he was alive. Freddie put more emotion in one song Somebody To Love as an example, than AL has ever put into all of his albums combined, IMO.
It took give people to write TF which is ALs latest solo song. Hardly his best work. You know, if you want to talk about people being overrated...look at AlL who is riding coattails, singing other people's songs.

sizzling user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 23:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What makes a rock star? I gave it a lot of thought....and I think I found the answer... Someone who you can't take your ears and eyes off, who hits you like a bomb and puts you in a different zone... someone who you crave to go back to for more...and more...I can only speak for myself, but Adam Lambert fits the bill. Good thing that there's a rock star for everybody from the past and present ;)