Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Would you folks consider Adam Lambert a "rock star"?

forum rss feed
Author

Bullet with Butterfly Wings user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bullet with Butterfly Wings
Royalty: 1211 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Nov 17, 23:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Does songwriting, talent, vocals matter? Or is it about being "easy on the eyes" etc?
Sheesh.

GrowUpGlamberts user not visiting Queenzone.com
GrowUpGlamberts
Champion: 78 posts

Posted: 23 Nov 17, 00:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sizzling wrote:

What makes a rock star? I gave it a lot of thought....and I think I found the answer... Someone who you can't take your ears and eyes off, who hits you like a bomb and puts you in a different zone... someone who you crave to go back to for more...and more...I can only speak for myself, but Adam Lambert fits the bill. Good thing that there's a rock star for everybody from the past and present ;)

A lot of people could use those same attributes to describe Kanye West. Would you admit that he is a rock star?

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Royalty: 1614 posts

Posted: 23 Nov 17, 00:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I couldn’t believe that people paid money to see Ed Sheeran stand in front of a mic in a plaid shirt in Wembley Stadium for two hours. He is a good songwriter and a decent singer and musician but boring as hell. Even Elton has a partner (Taupin) who writes the lyrics for his tunes, A guy with a killer voice like Adam can’t do it all by himself and none of the current and past rock bands did it with one man. They collaborate as a team and sometimes even the best ones go through a dry, uninspired spell. Adam is a creative person with a lot of very good ideas but because he doesn’t play the piano or guitar he is limited and depends on others. His strength is being a natural performer and entertainer with a powerful voice.

GrowUpGlamberts

Posted: 23 Nov 17, 00:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I couldn’t believe that people paid money to see Ed Sheeran stand in front of a mic in a plaid shirt in Wembley Stadium for two hours. He is a good songwriter and a decent singer and musician but boring as hell. Even Elton has a partner (Taupin) who writes the lyrics for his tunes, A guy with a killer voice like Adam can’t do it all by himself and none of the current and past rock bands did it with one man. They collaborate as a team and sometimes even the best ones go through a dry, uninspired spell. Adam is a creative person with a lot of very good ideas but because he doesn’t play the piano or guitar he is limited and depends on others. His strength is being a natural performer and entertainer with a powerful voice.

Straight from the horse's mouth: Adam cannot play instruments, can barely sing rock, can't write his own music or lyrics (by himself at least), can't fill a stadium by himself (i.e. without Brian and Roger), but can "perform".

Sounds like rock star material right there.

/s

EDIT: Ed Sheeran is 100x the rock star that Adam currently is. Pretty hard to move around on stage and sing when you have a guitar in your hands. Freddie had to do that too. Is he boring as well?

GrowUpGlamberts

Posted: 23 Nov 17, 00:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Surely it must be homophobia, right?

vikkisusanne user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 23 Nov 17, 00:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How many of you posters here who are so adamantly opposed to the QAL collaboration have been to one of their live concerts? What are you basing your opinions on? You tube vids, Periscope, etc? Just curious on how you have come to your conclusion. I'd appreciate knowing if you don't mind. Thanks.

Posted: 23 Nov 17, 00:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sweetcaroline, your bitterness and butthurt is showing again. You always have an excuse for AL, at the same time putting down other artists.
Freddie wrote Bohemian Rhapsody, Somebody To Love all by himself...that there took talent and determination. Just in case you can't tell.

Posted: 23 Nov 17, 00:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh Vikkisusanne...do you Glamberts share and copy notes or something? Should we not give our views even if some of us have never attended a Q+AL show? No thanks, not going to happen. Just so you know ;-).

GrowUpGlamberts

Posted: 23 Nov 17, 00:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

vikkisusanne wrote:

How many of you posters here who are so adamantly opposed to the QAL collaboration have been to one of their live concerts? What are you basing your opinions on? You tube vids, Periscope, etc? Just curious on how you have come to your conclusion. I'd appreciate knowing if you don't mind. Thanks.

I'll preface this by saying I'm not adamantly opposed to QAL. Saw them live twice in person (once in 2014 and once in 2017) and watched/listened to dozens of Periscope and saw hours worth of material on YouTube. I will not spare my criticism, though.

Posted: 23 Nov 17, 00:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not opposed it as much as I once was. My feelings towards this tour is what songs are missing, therefore I feel like it could be so much better if DOOL, IL, and SYW was included. Or even other Queen songs given the chance.
I used to watch and tune into streams. I wait for videos now.

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 3533 posts

Posted: 23 Nov 17, 01:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow. New Glamberts....New accounts. 4 total posts. ...coincidentally....as many posts as in this thread. :-/ hmmmm

I see QAL in 2014 at the forum. Despite the bad time in my life that it was (ailing family member) i went there to cheer up instead of letting my 5th row seat go to waste and my curiosity about Broger/Rogian/Maylor stay merely curiosity.

The volume was pitifully low in the pit and the show was ridiculous.
The fans were old ladies (mostly single) and some gay men pockets here and there. ..some rockers but the rest was just parents with children and it was a sad display to hear them do songs sub par.

I enjoyed the light spectacle for the solo bit but was upset there was no Bijou...

After all i was there to see Broger Edney...

THIS Tour abandoned much of that in favor of rock songs and it was FAR better.

Didn't have to hear Adam make a joke out of Dragon Attack either. .. (Jesus Christ. ..never play that again with him. EVER! It sounds ridiculous)
Same thing with CLTCL ...though i think they did play it again, i was glad to hear the rock material (*Adam did a fair job to his credit on good tunes like IT'S LATE and SPREAD YOUR WINGS but lacked the passion for GET DOWN MAKE LOVE. ...it just elicited a laugh with his "was it good for you? " comment)

Anyways. He did a fair job this tour. 2014 was a low point. I don't think it was just the feelings i was going through. The shows lacked ambition.

I don't think sucking up to someone makes them better.

Anyways. My two cents.

Don't give a shit about his boots. He doesn't look crazy or wild onstage. ...he looks like a pudgy middle aged DYNAMO from RUNNING MAN.

He COULD change the look up a bit. But hey who gives a shit so long as the performance lives up to their best.

Sadly, dropping the songs looks like they got scared with the glambert fans actually hearing hard rock tunes.

Oh and please no more Stone Cold Crazy. ... it sounds like Joss Stone yelling the menu

"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHTt!"

Posted: 23 Nov 17, 01:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There was a rallying cry or rather a 'red alert' on Adamtopia to get Glamberts to post here to defend AL and sweetcaroline...that's pretty much it.
I personally can't see Q+AL lasting much longer. I simply don't think the passion is there this time around, to me it seems very forced. The set list well, it's boring. The highlight for me this time s LOML.
And no I don't need or want links upon links to 'prove' me wrong.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 23 Nov 17, 01:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Stone Cold Crazy is my favorite both in the 2014 and 2017 shows! Sound and lights were spectacular where I was sitting!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 23 Nov 17, 01:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, you are trolling Adamtopia now? You have so much “love” to spread around! LOL

Posted: 23 Nov 17, 02:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nope, just looking for a particular part of a concert. Came across the posts or 'red alert'. Don't worry, I don't post there unless you want to claim I'm stalking over there. Did you call in your troops to defend you against the big bad 'Queenazis' here as it was put over there? Hmm, I wonder.
Yea, you keep on pointing fingers at me as your usual instead of proving 'facts' that you claimed about earlier. Still waiting for those by the way. If you are going to claim about something as horrible as homophobia, here's a tip. At least try to back up such claims. You never have the once in the countless times you bleated on about it. Now, why is that?

SweetCaroline

Posted: 23 Nov 17, 02:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Back in 2009, It was understood that American Idol wasn’t ready to crown its first openly gay winner. The same thing happened to Clay Aiken when he was beat by Ruben Studdard.

Posted: 23 Nov 17, 02:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's your opinion, not a fact. Who said America wasn't ready to vote for gay contestants n AI? You, because you are hurt AL didn't want the show?

GrowUpGlamberts

Posted: 23 Nov 17, 02:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Back in 2009, It was understood that American Idol wasn’t ready to crown its first openly gay winner. The same thing happened to Clay Aiken when he was beat by Ruben Studdard.

Adam Lambert did not publicly come out until 12 June 2009. Kris Allen was crowned on 20 May 2009. Clay Aiken did not publicly come out until 24 September 2008. Ruben Studdard was crowned on 21 May 2003.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 23 Nov 17, 03:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bill O’Reilly made sure everyone knew Adam was gay the week of the final and the telephone company helped Kris Allen win with special phones in his State.

It didn’t matter! Brian and Roger were ready to sign Adam at the finals when he sang with them!

Posted: 23 Nov 17, 03:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, not quite buying that. Did it ever occur to you that some people just might have liked Kris better and so they voted for him instead of Adam?
Do you purposely spout shit? What proof was there that Brian and Roger were ready to sign Adam at the finals? I don't think there's proof of that either. I asked you about that too, and you never proved it.
Cause you can't prove those sorts of things, sweetcaroline/CNB. Do you really think you are helping AL with this? He no longer gives TwoFux, yet you are here defending him and throwing out unfounded claims.