Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Would you folks consider Adam Lambert a "rock star"?

forum rss feed
Author

GrowUpGlamberts user not visiting Queenzone.com
GrowUpGlamberts
Champion: 67 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Nov 17, 03:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Bill O’Reilly made sure everyone knew Adam was gay the week of the final and the telephone company helped Kris Allen win with special phones in his State.

It didn’t matter! Brian and Roger were ready to sign Adam at the finals when he sang with them!

Do you really think that people changed their votes because of Bill O'Reilly? I can't imagine there being a lot of overlap between the two audiences, let alone the fact that American Idol and his news show were up against each other in the same time slot.

I've read enough about Brian May to know that he'd sensationalise possible future projects with other musicians, especially considering he knew he'd be performing in the finale with the two finalists (and Queen + Paul Rodgers had just been dissolved one week beforehand). The same Brian said we'd be getting a new album with unreleased Freddie tracks, a full tour celebrating NOTW and a mind-blowing 40th anniversary release of said album (Disc 2 and the documentary are great, pretty much everything else screams 'moneygrab').

GrowUpGlamberts

Posted: 23 Nov 17, 03:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That album with unreleased Freddie tracks turned out to be Queen Forever by the way. It had two known solo songs of his that were reworked and one truly "new" song with unheard vocals. No new takes or true remixes of any of the other tracks either.

felix ibex user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 152 posts

Posted: 23 Nov 17, 03:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

who cares? hes a star

Soul Brother
SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Royalty: 1432 posts

Posted: 23 Nov 17, 03:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, he certainly is !!!!!

Bullet with Butterfly Wings user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bullet with Butterfly Wings
Bohemian: 936 posts

Posted: 23 Nov 17, 03:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, like I've stated before, the biggst test will be for Lambert once Q+AL is over. I doubt he will be able to sell out stadiums with his solo music.

rocknrolllover user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hangman
rocknrolllover
Deity: 2639 posts

Posted: 23 Nov 17, 05:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lambert is a star of gay scene not rock star.

I've got the power to love to live

I can't say it ain't right
rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 14 posts

Posted: 23 Nov 17, 08:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bullet with Butterfly Wings wrote:

No, not quite buying that. Did it ever occur to you that some people just might have liked Kris better and so they voted for him instead of Adam?
Do you purposely spout shit? What proof was there that Brian and Roger were ready to sign Adam at the finals? I don't think there's proof of that either. I asked you about that too, and you never proved it.
Cause you can't prove those sorts of things, sweetcaroline/CNB. Do you really think you are helping AL with this? He no longer gives TwoFux, yet you are here defending him and throwing out unfounded claims.

Just my opinion but I don't think homophobia had anything to do with it personally, the Bill O'Reilly thing was just after the top 13 and it didn't stop people keep voting for Adam after that. Kris was a boy next door type who got better later in the competition and while he couldn't compete with Adam vocally he had his own appeal. Danny was voted off the week before and I would suspect a lot of his votes would go to Kris as they were similar types, and Adam was never going to appeal to some very conservative people.

Like you say Adam really couldn't care less, it's old news and he'd already got a recording contract before the final, so he was set up regardless of who won.

Posted: 23 Nov 17, 10:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for being reasonable with your above post rockchic65. Also I love your username!
I watched the season that Kris won. I personally saw the appeal of Adam and Kris, and honestly I liked both. I don't think there are hard feelings between those two. Are there hard feelings between the fan bases? I've not kept up about that.
When people throw around homophobia so easily and seemingly so uncaring, it's more than a pet peeve of mine. It's does more harm than good when it's used as an excuse or a defense for AL. I doubt homophobia had anything to do with AL not winning Idol. From what I remember watching AI, fans connected to their favorites very early on, and rooted for their favorites throughout the season, and remain fans. Nothing wrong with that, hell I did it for Carrie and Daughtry in their seasons and have ever since. My username ( icy )from another board has been brought up here, does anyone read my posts over there or here me gnashing my teeth, defending the fact that Daughtry doesn't get much airplay?
I don't get the constant defense of AL. He's a grown man, able to take care of himself. I doubt he gives TwoFux what I think, it's pretty harmless what I say about him, but some of his fans obviously feel the need and want to protect and defend him.

Invisible Woman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Invisible Woman
Bohemian: 255 posts

Posted: 23 Nov 17, 17:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes or no,it's all the same to me, today everyone can be called for a some kind of star.

Sheer Brass Neck user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 779 posts

Posted: 24 Nov 17, 04:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MattZ, between Dennis De Young's rug and Joss Stone's unique food ordering technique you are crushing it this post :)

Grow Up Lambert, love your tenacity but fighting a losing battle. Adam Lambert is ten times the rocker that Malcolm Young and John Bonham were combined, and if you can't understand that then SweetCaroline has a video that will prove what a "rock star" Adam Lambert is. Funny, have no animosity towards the man, if I had hies voice I'd be blessed beyond belief. But he is ridiculous front man for a rock band (which Queen aren't anymore) but would be fabulous on Broadway. Why can't people accept that? Roger Taylor is a better singer than Adam Lambert could ever dream to be, but he couldn't do Broadway or musical theatre. He's not as rehearsed or showy. That's just the way it is.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 25 Nov 17, 15:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/11/24/adam-lambert-reveals-music-execs-meddled-with-his-genderfluid-album-cover/amp/

GrowUpGlamberts

Posted: 26 Nov 17, 04:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^ I took the time to read this in full. Explain to me how this decision hindered his success in any way.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 26 Nov 17, 11:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I still don't think of him as a rock star after reading that.
I hope the set list will change somewhat for the UK shows, not expecting it to happen.

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1603 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 17, 16:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bullet with Butterfly Wings wrote:

I still don't think of him as a rock star after reading that.
I hope the set list will change somewhat for the UK shows, not expecting it to happen.

I hope it will too, but realistically I can't see much changing. They are well into the touring cycle and the show has settled into a national pace. In their day Queen were never a band to Vari the set much during a tour.

As Caroline says I'm sure the shows are spectacular but I'm finding it hard not to think of the setlist as boring. To a none Queen fan or on with limited knowledge of what they recorded it maybe fine , even exciting but to those who have been to countless shows both in the 70's and 80's and then from 2005 onwards the songs they now perform are boring.

None of that will make sense to someone who acts like a 14 year old fan over a singer who wasn't born when Queen recorded their most artistically brilliant albums.

Carry on Caroline with your stupid re posts and tunnel vision. If you were a genuine Queen fan you would be posting genuinely interesting answers to posts in other sections of this site instead of Adam was great tonight, world clock, and that stupid one dimensional Adam Adam Adam crap!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 26 Nov 17, 17:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When I post the glowing tweets from the current QAL shows, I’m posting tweets from Queen fans, not Glamberts, Who say they were skeptical about going but very pleasantly surprised at how great the show was and not just about Adam but about the whole show. I never had the pleasure of seeing a live Queen show with Freddie other than their showstopping performance on TV during the live production of Live Aid. During that show I was taken by Freddie, Bono and David Bowie as well as Duran Duran who were being broadcast from the USA. I’m sure that Adam doesn’t come across as perfectly as Freddie did, but admits that and just wants to keep that wonderful music alive with his own touch!

Icy, if you miss them playing DOOL, I suggest you look for the QAL shows in 2014 when they included that song at every venue. I’m pretty sure they were posted at the QOL forum back then. I’m happy that they are doing Bicycle Race and I’m In Love With My Car on this tour and the audiences have been very responsive to both of those songs. I get a kick out of hearing the audience response on the audio streams and periscopes!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 26 Nov 17, 18:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is about Adam’s first album and the, yes, homophobia by retailers, surrounding it. He got the same homophobia from conservative radio stations who were very cautious about playing his music.

http://www.ontopmag.com/article/34092/Adam_Lambert_Says_Retailers_Balked_At_For_Your_Entertainments_Androgynous_Cover

Posted: 26 Nov 17, 20:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@ Vocal Harmony...don't know why I can't quite you, apologies.
I think Q+AL are stuck in a rut set list wise. I understand why some people find it boring, the only new song is an AL solo song. With a day or two of rehearsals, it does seem like all around they didn't bother. Especially when AL messed up Bohemian Rhapsody...that spoke volumes to me effort wise. Most of all, I can't stand the fact it really could be so much better if only a little more effort was made. Q+AL isn't bothered...they rather really gimmicks like the crown, bike, half assed banter than the actual music itself.

ggo1 user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 197 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 17, 20:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sweet Caroline, I don't think Adam helped himself with the cover for that album. It was a totally different look to anything he'd shown on American Idol and likely turned off a number of people who liked him on the show. I think if he wanted to get played on middle America radio stations he could have toned it down a bit. The problem wasnt necessarily homophobia so much as a radical image change very quickly when a lot of people who voted for the guy with the great voice. He could use that cover now and get away with it but not then. Thats my opinion anyway based on memory from the time. (Not that I particularly followed him back then but it was a big story).
I see it has a different cover these days, so presumably they know they fucked up with that.
Also, the songs weren't that good really. It's not a particularly good album. Again just my opinion.
Thought he was excellent when I saw QAL in Toronto earlier this year.

Posted: 26 Nov 17, 20:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@ sweetcaroline. Those tweets you post are usually from Glamberts. No surprise you do the same here that you did on QOL. Seriously, have you learned about anything over there enough not to do it here? Tweets aren't suddenly going to change my mind what I'd like to see happen.
What really disgusted me about all your views sweetcaroline, in one of your last posts on qol before your ban. You said ' Life isn't fair so Adam has taken the financial opportunity to tour with the Queen guys ' . I don't know if you realise it, but that comment from you was tacky.
I do t need or want to look up past shows for DOOL. I think it should be in the shows now as a tribute to Freddie and John. That was the highlight of past tours for me, going as far back with Q+PR. I think nothing could pay tribute any better in these shows than DOOL.