Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Would you folks consider Adam Lambert a "rock star"?

forum rss feed
Author

sizzling user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Dec 17, 07:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it is a lost cause to come here and try to convince Queen fans that Adam Lambert is great and quite the rock star. I really like him as a solo artist and I think he does a great job with Queen, however I totally get it that some aren't feeling it. Apples and Oranges.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Royalty: 1613 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 17, 13:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Review of the Nottingham show — no mention of Freddie’s family being there this time, but they did use MY word — “magnificent” — to describe it:

http://www.nottinghampost.com/whats-on/music-nightlife/queen-adam-lambert-nottinghams-motorpoint-882981

SweetCaroline

Posted: 06 Dec 17, 13:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Darn it I posted this in the wrong thread and I don’t know how to delete it!

Bullet with Butterfly Wings user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bullet with Butterfly Wings
Royalty: 1211 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 17, 16:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@ sweetcaroline...Your word? I didn't know you coined the word magnificent, sweetcaroline, but you sure want to claim it apparently. Do you want credit for that, now?
Freddie wrote and sang AWT, and magnificent was used in there. So, hate to break it to you, not your word, it's been around for ages now, even before Freddie used it. Just pointing it out, because you sound very stupid at times.

someonewholikesadam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 714 posts

Posted: 07 Dec 17, 02:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Posted: 07 Dec 17, 02:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He's my rock star. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgWpB56IBTc

Posted: 07 Dec 17, 02:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh wait. He's my rock star. He's my rock star. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgWpB56IBTc

Posted: 07 Dec 17, 03:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cute of you to put a cover song from an AL solo show in this thread. Then again, I guess his own solo music isn't quite 'rock star' nor is this cover of LZ prove that he is a rock star. That WLL is very cheesy, I wince watching it. But hey, if him covering WLL makes him your rock star, knock yourself out. I don't see it from that video.

Posted: 07 Dec 17, 03:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"If him covering WLL makes him your rock star," It does *heart eyes* !

SweetCaroline

Posted: 07 Dec 17, 14:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can’t find a link right now but I read somewhere that Robert Plant himself said that Adam performs WLL better than he does!

happystar user not visiting Queenzone.com
NO Freddie = NO QUEEN
happystar
Bohemian: 288 posts

Posted: 29 Jan 18, 15:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

From the moment i clapped eyes on Adam Lambert i knew instantly that Queen had turned shit.
How could Brian replace Freddie with that thing?
Ok we know Lambo aint replacing Fred but he is still singing Queens back catalogue which to me is very painful to watch and listen too.
He also looks awkward on stage and a bad performer, he lacks the energy and zest Mercury had on stage, and yes he is only a glorified west end singer that got lucky,
because May was feeling desperate and vulnerable to get out on the road again.
Still think Queen could have had guest appearances by various artists to spice the show up, as Lambert is boring and without Queen to back him up would be nothing.
Lamberts solo stuff is terrible too. I wonder who writes that crap for him because he cant do anything right apart from been the ultimate fanny in pop music these days.
What a proper little princess she is eh !

Freddie Mercury : Perfection Unbeaten.
rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 214 posts

Posted: 29 Jan 18, 17:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

happystar Aren't you the charmer - good job Adam has more charm in his little finger than you have or he really would be in trouble.

That thing? Proper little princess she is? Nice, wonder exactly what you mean by that.

Boring it might be to you, although I'm betting from your post you've never actually been to a show, but the thousands who have don't find him in the least bit boring and are constantly asking for more shows.

May feeling desperate? He's Brian May, don't you think he could have had his pick of people to front the band, at least there would be a lot of people who would have jumped at the chance. They don't need guest appearances, they're doing just fine as they are. And here's a suggestion, if it's painful to watch and listen to then don't, last I checked it wasn't compulsory.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 29 Jan 18, 18:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

happystar, I think Dr. May disagrees with you completely:

http://brianmay.com/queen/queennews/queennewsjan18c.html#36

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1779 posts

Posted: 29 Jan 18, 21:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

happystar wrote:

From the moment i clapped eyes on Adam Lambert i knew instantly that Queen had turned shit.
How could Brian replace Freddie with that thing?
Ok we know Lambo aint replacing Fred but he is still singing Queens back catalogue which to me is very painful to watch and listen too.
He also looks awkward on stage and a bad performer, he lacks the energy and zest Mercury had on stage, and yes he is only a glorified west end singer that got lucky,
because May was feeling desperate and vulnerable to get out on the road again.
Still think Queen could have had guest appearances by various artists to spice the show up, as Lambert is boring and without Queen to back him up would be nothing.
Lamberts solo stuff is terrible too. I wonder who writes that crap for him because he cant do anything right apart from been the ultimate fanny in pop music these days.
What a proper little princess she is eh !

Gerry you've been peddling this crap since 2014. Almost word for word. Get over it.

Here's a thought to take with you. Because of Lambert they've won their American audience back. World wide they're as big on the live circuit as they were with Freddie.

And because of Lambert they are keeping the songs, that all four wrote, alive for fans old and new to hear. And with that background your distasteful and disrespect comments mean nothing, which in its self is a reflection of who you are and what you mean.

NO Freddie = NO QUEEN
happystar

Posted: 08 Feb 18, 20:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen are like the Beatles and Led Zeppelin in that they do not need to keep the music alive, because they are Legends and Legends do not die.
Adam Lambert has lots of girl fans just like many boy bands do but that does not make him a god, He will never become an icon or legend ever,
He is a nothing without May & Taylor providing the music he fetched nothing new to the table, all he is a screaming camp crow who is awful on stage, an embarrassment
and a sad excuse for a man, who can not figure out what the hell he is? Queen are a circus a freakshow and nothing like that magnificent band the world knew 30 years or so ago.
Glad when they retire because its just crossed the line into bad bad taste now.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 08 Feb 18, 22:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam knows who he is. He calls himself a cis male. When he performs Killer Queen in a camp manner he is acting and interpreting the lyrics. He is NOT effeminate and is a sexual beast! LOL

NO Freddie = NO QUEEN
happystar

Posted: 08 Feb 18, 22:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Behave Adam is camper than jelly & ice cream at Alton towers! Killer Queen was not a camp song because as Freddie put it the song was about a classy prostitute.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 09 Feb 18, 00:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It appears that Brian and Roger approve of and love Adam’s campy interpretation of Killer Queen because he actually puts himself into the role of that classy prostitute. Freddie wore a furry, feminine looking jacket in the video for that song!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 09 Feb 18, 00:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Killer Queen:

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/2ZBtPf7FOoM

Posted: 09 Feb 18, 00:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Adam knows who he is. He calls himself a cis male. When he performs Killer Queen in a camp manner he is acting and interpreting the lyrics. He is NOT effeminate and is a sexual beast! LOL

A sexual beast? I don't even want to know why you think that way, especially after a couple of weeks ago you said you were AL's second mother...
Yikes what you come out with at times. You do him no favours, your fellow Glamberts...or yourself. You don't make him very appealing at times based on what you say about him.
Truly, I hope you meant that you think he is sexy. A sexual beast is a horrible way to describe him, especially this day and age.