forum rss feed
Author

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 2593 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Nov 17, 17:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

One more:

“Last night I had my first religious experience witnessing QUEEN live ?? I honestly never thought I would have the opportunity! @adamlambert is also a shockingly beautiful & incredible performer! #QUEEN @DrBrianMay @OfficialRMT”

SweetCaroline

Posted: 26 Nov 17, 18:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They keep on coming:

“Dream come true seeing you guys last night thankyou ?? Freddie would be proud of the monster show you all put on good luck with the rest of the tour X”

SweetCaroline

Posted: 26 Nov 17, 20:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“Belfast !!! A piece of our history on the wall. This is where Adam and Rog and I had our first foray. Now here we are 6 years later - a well oiled machine! Let’s rock! Bri”

http://www.instagram.com/p/Bb-I_Xmj5JQ/

SweetCaroline

Posted: 26 Nov 17, 23:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Love it:

http://www.instagram.com/p/Bb-eSR0ly9D/

Chinwonder2 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Chinwonder2
Royalty: 1155 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 17, 23:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow is my only response.... That was amazing, Brian played Danny Boy during the guitar solo...

-Chin

Check out my channel for various goodies! :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Chinwonder2
SweetCaroline

Posted: 27 Nov 17, 02:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

These are NOT Adam fans:

“@DrBrianMay @adamlambert @QueenWillRock WOW!! My favourite band ever absolutely rocked SSE Belfast tonight. Been listening to Queen from I was 2 years old, tears in my eyes tonight. Thank you all. X #QueenAndAdamLambert”

“Absolutely wonderful gig by @QueenWillRock & @adamlambert in Belfast tonight. I don't usually find myself choking back tears quite as often during a rock show, but this is a good thing....”

“Pretty certain that Freddie Mercury would have paid for the VIP seats with souvenir tour lanyard for that performance.. @adamlambert was incredible! What A. Talent! #Belfast #Queen”

“@QueenWillRock and @adamlambert have stole my heart. Honestly one of the best concerts I've ever been to! ??????”

“My dream of seeing Queen came true tonight. Only two people missing, Freddie and my dad. But what an amazing concert and I'm sure they were both there in spirit @QueenWillRock @adamlambert”

“Just back from seeing @adamlambert & @QueenWillRock in Belfast. Never in my life have I been to a concert as fantastic as that!! They were out of this world ????”

SweetCaroline

Posted: 27 Nov 17, 02:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“Thoughts:

?? @QueenWillRock are living legends, long may they reign.

?? @adamlambert is god-like, utterly mesmerising, and sexy as hell. 8 years waiting to see him live and he exceeded all my expectations.

Best birthday present ever. Thanks”

“Adam Lambert blew me away such a showman and showing clips of Freddie was such a nice touch - and May and Taylor are legends x”

“Special gig in Belfast tonight, Queen and Adam Lambert played an absolute Queen jukebox which was truly amazing, thanks guys #Queen”

“To witness rock royalty, @QueenWillRock, @DrBrianMay and @adamlambert in @SSEBelfastArena was an emotional dream come true. I know my Dad would have been head over heels with this one if he was still around today. Now to recover my voice.”

SweetCaroline

Posted: 27 Nov 17, 02:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“OMFG!!! @QueenWillRock @adamlambert @SSEBelfastArena what a show! Bloody hell don’t know if I’ll ever recover from tonight. Absolutely AMAZING. Thanks boys”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=okB2dYECGAw

SweetCaroline

Posted: 27 Nov 17, 04:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=okB2dYECGAw

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 2176 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 17, 04:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Being sexy as hell is so important while singing the songs Queen with Freddie wrote and played for years..
Oh wait, it's not important at all. Seriously, why even post a tweet like that? On a Queen board no less?

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 27 Nov 17, 04:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is there a clip of Danny Boy? I really want to see that part.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 27 Nov 17, 04:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is there a clip of Danny Boy? I really want to see that part.

Chinwonder2 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Chinwonder2
Royalty: 1155 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 17, 07:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here I see the full show on my channel :) Danny Boy begins in the guitar solo around 12:06.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHCF7sLluO6HuuE-ETW-cpMfFDxYRajie

-Chin

Check out my channel for various goodies! :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Chinwonder2
NickESB user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 177 posts

Posted: 27 Nov 17, 09:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

“Thoughts: ??

Great, people on social media liked the show.

I see this online all the time; people declaring themselves as bands' "number one fan" and saying they saw the "best show ever" last night when it's about the fifth gig of their life.

(Another good one is when people start a review of their show saying how close they were to the stage. I digress...).

I vividly recall leaving that, upon leaving O2 in London both nights in January 2015, I heard people talking enthusiastically about the Freddie on-screen appearances and how much of a surprise they were. They'd been doing that for 10 years by then. It wasn't new. That didn't change my opinion of it (personally, I think one appearance is enough, and I'd probably take him out of "Love Of My Life" over "Bo Rhap") - just as you posting tweets from 15 fans each night won't change my thoughts on this dull, uninspired money grab tour.

I have no problem with you posting YouTube clips from shows into these threads, although I've stoped watching them. Brian's (predictable) "Danny Boy" extract aside, there's no reason to watch/listen to much of this show if you listened to the first nights of the US leg on Mixlr. Or downloaded the Hollywood Bowl recordings. Or have seen them in 2015 and/or 2016.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 27 Nov 17, 09:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks chinwonder. I will watch later today. Gotta say, I like how Brian adds those little touches. I just wish he could play the whole thing.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 27 Nov 17, 09:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Those copy and pasted tweets. I don't think they add anything much to the discussion, and some of them come across as nothing but fan girlng. Someone thinks AL is sexy...what are we supposed to do with that? Agree? Discuss his sexiness?
I'm glad Freddie is still shown in these concerts, my views is he should be shown even more than he is. It's a sore spot for memhere is even less of him. LOML is a nice touch, but DOOL was the perfect way to pay tribute to Freddie and John in these shows...that's one of the main reasons I say these shows could be better. If DOOL was a part of these shows, I would be glued to the streams. I don't even bother tuning in, I wait for videos, my hopes for set list changes is just about gone. I never thought I would say anything to do with Brian and Roger could be boring, but this tour is. I really wish there was more effort put into it.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 27 Nov 17, 10:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That’s exactly why I post those glowing tweets — to show you doubters that these old guys are NOT boring at ages 70 and 68. They are not going to be here and able to play LIVE forever. They put on a spectacular show and should not be criticized. They did add some songs since their last tour. LOML is their poignant tribute to Freddie. They know best what works and should be appreciated for their professionalism!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 27 Nov 17, 10:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So you are hoping to change people's minds by copying and pasting tweets?
They should not be criticised? Says you. Sorry I think all views are allowed to be posted here, and I guess you want praise only... exactly like I thought.
Yea, whoopee they added a AL solo song, at the expense of Queen songs. IL and SYW was dropped because they 'felt like it' I will never understand that, and why there's even less of Freddie and John now.

LOML isn't enough as the tribute to Freddie. Does a tribute and fondness for John escape your attention? He matters too in the Queen history.
Thanks for proving you are a stepford who wants praise only.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 27 Nov 17, 10:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe John doesn’t want to be shown like they have done in DOOL? They must have their reasons for what they do and don’t do. It is their show. I don’t consider this a money grab because it takes a lot of crew people to make the show run so smoothly. Just striking the set, putting it back together in each venue and transporting it safely is a major project! Coordinating the sound and lighting so that it is perfect is no small feat!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 27 Nov 17, 11:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You know sweetcaroline...maybe the one thing we will ever have in common is that we are awake at this hour ;-) :-).
I don't know what John thinks, I'm not going to assume. I'm stating how I feel. I don't rely on tweets etc to do it for me.
Do I think this tour is a money grab? A part of me thinks so, especially after all the hype about it being dangerous and the NOTW anniversary.
I think it's easier than ever to set up and take down a show, the lighting, etc. The lighting, Frank, doesn't make up for what I feel is missing. The focus for me, is the music. That's what I care about the most.