Author

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Royalty: 1718 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Dec 17, 19:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bertus wrote:

JUst 2 more concerts, and then the end of SweetCaroline

Not quite. She will find something, anything to do with AL to post about. Over on QOL she posted about tracking details of a flight AL was traveling on, AL getting his hair dyed, someone meeting AL while hiking...
Oh well, she will back on QOL ASAP after the 31st.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 2042 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 17, 20:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, obviously this tour is about YOU and how upset you are that they are not playing the songs you like, especially TATDOOL (the correct name of the song). You are a horrible Queen fan and a sick stalker!

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5013 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 17, 20:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bullet with Butterfly Wings wrote:

It would have been amazing. I get that it is a pretty emotional song to sing, but dang it would have been great if they played DOOL more than twice during the tour. And in London it would have been perfect as a tribute to Freddie and John...the glory days of Queen.

I wonder if John went to any of the London shows or is he at home playing monopoly or watching tv?

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Iron Butterfly

Posted: 14 Dec 17, 21:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Icy, obviously this tour is about YOU and how upset you are that they are not playing the songs you like, especially TATDOOL (the correct name of the song). You are a horrible Queen fan and a sick stalker!

Really? After your crazed off the mark, non stop promotion of AL that's what you come out with?
Yes, I feel sad that DOOL wasn't played. Are you mocking my thoughts about it because your beloved AL doesn't sing that song? If you can't understand why I miss that song, then I'd say you are not a true, real, fan of Queen's and it really is all about Lambert for you. Point proven once again. You don't understand the first thing about DOOL and I will add this now, nor do you care about what meaning it holds...for the band and the fans. You are crying foul about my views about DOOL of all things? Okaay then.
Too damn bad for you I am allowed to give my views here. You will never allow another view to be given unless it matches yours precisely. If you don't agree, you want the discussions shut right down, or some people not to give their views. You literally can't handle nothing but 100% praise. Do send the red alert to your fellow Glamberts so they can come here to defend you and AL again ;-). Boy, since August your true colors have been shown here. It's not pretty. Oh the things you let slip out here, you must've been tripping over your own two feet while doing it.
I'm a horrible Queen fan and I'm a stalker? That is rich coming from you. Laughable really. What did you do during this tour trade the word spectacular for magnificent? Post glowing tweets, links, world clock crap. You don't have much of an orginal thought in that head of yours, apparently.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 14 Dec 17, 21:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

It would have been amazing. I get that it is a pretty emotional song to sing, but dang it would have been great if they played DOOL more than twice during the tour. And in London it would have been perfect as a tribute to Freddie and John...the glory days of Queen.

I wonder if John went to any of the London shows or is he at home playing monopoly or watching tv?

Nah, I doubt he attended any shows. I know if he did the Glamberts would be shouting it from the roof tops saying he is there to give support to AL. That happened when Freddie's mother and sister attended a show.
I miss John so to speak. I'm sad there was even less of him shown in this tour. I really feel DOOL was and always will be the best way to pay tribute to him and Freddie. Nothing can top it for me.
With only two more shows to go, I no longer have hopes it will be played. When Roger sang it twice recently, that really was and will be the highlights of this tour for me. There's big gaping holes in this tour for many reasons, and I'm saying that as a Queen fan.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5013 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 17, 21:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

Nah, I doubt he attended any shows. I know if he did Glamberts would be shouting it from the roof tops saying they support AL. That happened when Freddie's mother and sister attended a show.
I miss John. I'm sad there was even less of him shown in this tour. I really feel DOOL was and always will be the best way to pay tribute to him and Freddie.

It's odd that he takes no interest at all in his old band mates or music. It seems probably they had a major fallout at some point.

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Iron Butterfly

Posted: 14 Dec 17, 21:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

Holly2003 wrote:

Nah, I doubt he attended any shows. I know if he did Glamberts would be shouting it from the roof tops saying they support AL. That happened when Freddie's mother and sister attended a show.
I miss John. I'm sad there was even less of him shown in this tour. I really feel DOOL was and always will be the best way to pay tribute to him and Freddie.

It's odd that he takes no interest at all in his old band mates or music. It seems probably they had a major fallout at some point.

Yea, that's what I fear. Something major could have happened between Brian, Roger and John. The fact they don't keep in touch...food for thought. I hope no fallout happened.
It's like promoting AL comes first for Brian and Roger.. That's what bothers me a tad. It comes across as a little false, because of all the hype they do.
It really bothers me when AL songs are performed instead of digging deeper in the Queen catalogue. GDML is a joke with AL crawling around, IMO. It looks terrible, sound is not much better, IMO.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 14 Dec 17, 22:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh my, Icy! If Freddie did that you would love it!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 14 Dec 17, 23:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Oh my, Icy! If Freddie did that you would love it!

If Freddie did what? Sing GDML and crawl around onstage. Yea it would be magnificent...you know since Freddie wrote and sang the song ;-). Not that I recall Freddie crawling around while sing it, and that's a good thing. Freddie was a heck of a lot more natural onstage than AL ever has been and likely will ever be. And no, I don't need or want you to post videos of AL to 'prove' me wrong.
GDML isn't one of my favorite Q songs to begin with and I don't know why that was picked to play live during this tour unless it's for Glamberts to swoon over.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 06:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOTV wrote:

No it wasn't. I saw the Newcastle show, pay attention.

I don't have a menu of guests, strangely enough. You know it's a semi-spontaneous thing that happens with other bands. God knows Bri and Rog love a jam on other bands' tours. Can't have anyone stealing the limelight from wanky guitar solos though can we?

Or stealing the limelight time from the almighty, magnificent AL ;-). You should have read the reactions when Nate and GaGa joined Brian and Roger onstage...I've never read such bitterness about other artists singing Queen songs, not even about the Freddie Tribute in '92.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 11:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nate was shouting instead of singing and GaGa was all over the place in those appearances. Neither were chosen to be on the tour after their less than exciting performances!

Liliane user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 24 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 12:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Agree with SweetCaroline on this one, Nate and GaGa gave terrible performances. Nate is a nice guy and the performance was very enthusiastic and people there did seem to be into it but vocally it was terrible. As for GaGa, I am usually a fan of her vocals but her performance of AOBTD was just terrible as well. She did not know the lyrics and made it all about her...Nothing against anyone singing Queen, did not think these two were good at all. Just goes to show it is not easy singing Queen at all.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 16:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Liliane, you’re right that Queen music is not easy to sing. Adam does a good job of staying on key and stretching those high notes up to the rafters! Mixing up the lyrics to BoRhap at the beginning of the tour was not the end of the world and was fixed! I personally am fascinated with the fast pace of the lyrics to Stone Cold Crazy!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 17:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“Soundcheck! Hammer to fall. It’s so loud I can feel the doors outside vibrating. Sounding awesome”

NickESB user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 177 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 17:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

“Soundcheck! Hammer to fall. It’s so loud I can feel the doors outside vibrating. Sounding awesome”

Fantastic, the effective tour opener since Vegas!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 19:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“2017: A year in the life of @DrBrianMay: "still hard pressing the button to be away from home for 2 mths at a time,.. But it’s worth it because something gr8 happens. There’s magic and u c joy in people’s faces. It’s what it always was..."

SweetCaroline

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 19:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually Hammer To Fall has been the tour opener from the first show in Phoenix. Very appropriate after Frank breaks down the wall.

NickESB user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 177 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 19:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wrong: WWRY was the opener in Phoenix.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 19:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It’s a teaser of WWRY followed by HTF.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 19:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Liliane wrote:

Agree with SweetCaroline on this one, Nate and GaGa gave terrible performances. Nate is a nice guy and the performance was very enthusiastic and people there did seem to be into it but vocally it was terrible. As for GaGa, I am usually a fan of her vocals but her performance of AOBTD was just terrible as well. She did not know the lyrics and made it all about her...Nothing against anyone singing Queen, did not think these two were good at all. Just goes to show it is not easy singing Queen at all.

No one has ever stated singing Queen songs is easy, especially with not much rehearsal time.
Personally, I'm glad Nate and GaGa sang with Brian and Roger. I thought it was fun, not perfect, but who is.