Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > QAL in the UK - 11/28 to 12/16

forum rss feed
Author

Bullet with Butterfly Wings user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bullet with Butterfly Wings
Bohemian: 933 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 19:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Nate was shouting instead of singing and GaGa was all over the place in those appearances. Neither were chosen to be on the tour after their less than exciting performances!

Did you really expect them to tour with Brian and Roger? Do you not understand a one off appearance? Nothing was ever implied that they would join a tour or even be asked.
Both Nate and GaGa were busy with their own career. You know instead of riding coattails like AL does instead of focusing on his own music.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Royalty: 1429 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 22:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nate was riding on Pink’s coat tails for awhile. His solo career has been quiet lately!



Liliane user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 22 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 22:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BWBW: Herein lies my problem with you, how is AL riding Brian and Roger's coattails? Do you have idea how hard it is to perform at the level he does every night and being "almost" always (due to some lyric fail) perfect? You are saying this as if he just sits back and cashes in, what about his hard work, his blood and sweat every night? Anybody else as frontman might not have been as well received as AL has been. Freddie Mercury is now a GOD and if you've been reading any reviews and concert goers opinions lately, Adam has been deemed a worthy "successor" pretty much unanimously. This tour rests on him for the most part and he does it well. What I was trying to say is that GaGa and Nate, as nice and fun to see them perform with Queen, could not even get one song right...I don't care how much rehearsal they had, they had one song to sing and they did not deliver. That is what is called talent and professionalism.

Liliane user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 22 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 23:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And btw, Adam does have a solo career. He might not be as popular as the big stars, but he is still known and able to tour worldwide on his own.

Bullet with Butterfly Wings user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bullet with Butterfly Wings
Bohemian: 933 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 23:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Liliane wrote:

BWBW: Herein lies my problem with you, how is AL riding Brian and Roger's coattails? Do you have idea how hard it is to perform at the level he does every night and being "almost" always (due to some lyric fail) perfect? You are saying this as if he just sits back and cashes in, what about his hard work, his blood and sweat every night? Anybody else as frontman might not have been as well received as AL has been. Freddie Mercury is now a GOD and if you've been reading any reviews and concert goers opinions lately, Adam has been deemed a worthy "successor" pretty much unanimously. This tour rests on him for the most part and he does it well. What I was trying to say is that GaGa and Nate, as nice and fun to see them perform with Queen, could not even get one song right...I don't care how much rehearsal they had, they had one song to sing and they did not deliver. That is what is called talent and professionalism.

Uh oh. My stating my views means you have a problem with me? Alrighty then.
I don't rely on reviews, tweets that shower AL with praise. I have my own views. I don't need or want Glamberts to always come to prove that my views are wrong. Yea, I think AL is riding on coattails. I've always said the test for AL will be once Q+AL is over. And I'm standing by that.
I don't expect perfection in any live show. I'm not the one here who is always saying AL is perfect, magnificent no matter what, blind to when he messes up. My heart went out to Brian tonight, it seems he was feeling well. That and he managed to do the show, is what is standing out for me tonight. But oh it's AL who works hard, is talented and professional.

Bullet with Butterfly Wings user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bullet with Butterfly Wings
Bohemian: 933 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 23:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Nate was riding on Pink’s coat tails for awhile. His solo career has been quiet lately!



How was Nate riding on her coattails, please tell? I'd really like to know.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Royalty: 1429 posts
add to buddy list send PM

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Royalty: 1429 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 00:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The tweets I post are not just about Adam; they are about all of the cast and crew of these spectacular shows:

“Thank you for a fantastic show tonight, you were all incredible! @adamlambert @DrBrianMay @OfficialRMT @QueenWillRock #QALWembley”

“Just got back from Wembley arena and by god Roger Taylor and Brian May have still got it!! Pure class from Queen and @adamlambert”

“I just saw queen and adam lambert live and I’m in awe”

“Wow wow wow @QueenWillRock and @adamlambert one of the best concerts I’ve ever been too unbelievable what a night x”




SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Royalty: 1429 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 00:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is the hit song that Nate Ruess did with Pink:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_Give_Me_a_Reason

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Royalty: 1429 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 01:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here is someone who doesn’t mind the repetition—went to all 3 London shows:

“There were amazing things at both O2 concerts, the 2nd one especially, but Wembley was beyond. Best time that I've ever had, it was incredible and I'm so thankful. “

Bullet with Butterfly Wings user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bullet with Butterfly Wings
Bohemian: 933 posts
add to buddy list send PM

someonewholikesadam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 661 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 02:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, Sweet Caroline and BWBW, get a room! LOL.


SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Royalty: 1429 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 03:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

someone, exasperating, isn’t it?

Bullet with Butterfly Wings user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bullet with Butterfly Wings
Bohemian: 933 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 03:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

someonewholikesadam wrote:

Oh, Sweet Caroline and BWBW, get a room! LOL.


We would probably have a pillow fight ;-).

Bullet with Butterfly Wings user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bullet with Butterfly Wings
Bohemian: 933 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 03:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Still waiting for an explanation about how Nate was riding on Pink's coattails. Then again, there is none.

someonewholikesadam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 661 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 03:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow! They pulled all stops at Wembley. It sounded wonderful!


Liliane user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 22 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 04:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BWBW: So, can you explain to me how you think AL is riding on Brian and Roger's coattails? It is all good to say it is your opinion, but what is the point of discussing if at the end you always end up saying that it is your opinion and you stand by it just without backing it up?

So, you who have not seen a single show live, no matter what the reason is, think you have a better idea of how the show was live than someone who was actually there? How does that make sense? I know you have your reason for not going and that you have your opinion by watching the shows on YouTube and hearing the stream...and that you feel you can't be proven wrong...but these people who tweet were there live and actually saw the show and were raving about it and no, these were not tweets by Glamberts but by long-term Queen fans who were originally skeptical of Adam. And somehow to you, these tweets' opinions are somehow invalid? Why? Because they shower Adam with praise? I ask again how does that make sense? And what about the almost unanimous praise AL gets from the reviews this time around? These are not valid as well because they do not match yours? There is opinion and there are facts. You can have your opinion that this tour is not as good, that there is not enough rehearsal that somehow Adam does not care...but the fact remains, almost everyone who has actually seen the show live is saying the exact contrary.

And how does Brian's problems tonight have anything to do with my discussion with you? How is my saying Adam does not ride on Brian & Roger's coattails because he works so damn hard himself by delivering almost perfect performances every single night have anything to do with Brian not feeling well tonight and pulling through? Did I ever say that Brian & Roger are not talented and professional? If you need to know, yes I do have a lot of respect for Brian and Roger. They are passionate about their art and are extremely talented and professional. And they wrote some damn good songs. They are as integral to the show as Adam. And to play at the level that they are playing at their age is nothing short of extraordinary. I enjoy B & R's solo parts in the show just as much as I enjoy Adam's. And I will always be grateful to them for recognizing Adam's talent and chosing Adam to tour with them.

i have no problem with people stating their views. My problem is when they are being contradictory. You say you do not expect perfection in a live show and yet how many times did you bring up the fact that Adam messed up the lyrics of BoRhap? Somehow, you think it was ok when Freddie often did it and he wrote these songs! It is ok for Adele to mess up so evidently two years in a row at the Grammys but it is not ok when Adam does it? So he messes up the lyrics of BoRhap three days in a row but what about the 20+ other songs he gets right every single night since 2012? How is that being fair towards Adam? I don't mind opinions that are different from mine but not when they are so evidently tainted with bias.

someonewholikesadam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 661 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 04:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lillane, I'd like you to meet someone. His/her name is Brick Wall.


Bullet with Butterfly Wings user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bullet with Butterfly Wings
Bohemian: 933 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 05:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Liliane wrote:

BWBW: So, can you explain to me how you think AL is riding on Brian and Roger's coattails? It is all good to say it is your opinion, but what is the point of discussing if at the end you always end up saying that it is your opinion and you stand by it just without backing it up?

So, you who have not seen a single show live, no matter what the reason is, think you have a better idea of how the show was live than someone who was actually there? How does that make sense? I know you have your reason for not going and that you have your opinion by watching the shows on YouTube and hearing the stream...and that you feel you can't be proven wrong...but these people who tweet were there live and actually saw the show and were raving about it and no, these were not tweets by Glamberts but by long-term Queen fans who were originally skeptical of Adam. And somehow to you, these tweets' opinions are somehow invalid? Why? Because they shower Adam with praise? I ask again how does that make sense? And what about the almost unanimous praise AL gets from the reviews this time around? These are not valid as well because they do not match yours? There is opinion and there are facts. You can have your opinion that this tour is not as good, that there is not enough rehearsal that somehow Adam does not care...but the fact remains, almost everyone who has actually seen the show live is saying the exact contrary.

And how does Brian's problems tonight have anything to do with my discussion with you? How is my saying Adam does not ride on Brian & Roger's coattails because he works so damn hard himself by delivering almost perfect performances every single night have anything to do with Brian not feeling well tonight and pulling through? Did I ever say that Brian & Roger are not talented and professional? If you need to know, yes I do have a lot of respect for Brian and Roger. They are passionate about their art and are extremely talented and professional. And they wrote some damn good songs. They are as integral to the show as Adam. And to play at the level that they are playing at their age is nothing short of extraordinary. I enjoy B & R's solo parts in the show just as much as I enjoy Adam's. And I will always be grateful to them for recognizing Adam's talent and chosing Adam to tour with them.

i have no problem with people stating their views. My problem is when they are being contradictory. You say you do not expect perfection in a live show and yet how many times did you bring up the fact that Adam messed up the lyrics of BoRhap? Somehow, you think it was ok when Freddie often did it and he wrote these songs! It is ok for Adele to mess up so evidently two years in a row at the Grammys but it is not ok when Adam does it? So he messes up the lyrics of BoRhap three days in a row but what about the 20+ other songs he gets right every single night since 2012? How is that being fair towards Adam? I don't mind opinions that are different from mine but not when they are so evidently tainted with bias.




Bullet with Butterfly Wings user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bullet with Butterfly Wings
Bohemian: 933 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 05:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Liliane wrote:

BWBW: So, can you explain to me how you think AL is riding on Brian and Roger's coattails? It is all good to say it is your opinion, but what is the point of discussing if at the end you always end up saying that it is your opinion and you stand by it just without backing it up?

So, you who have not seen a single show live, no matter what the reason is, think you have a better idea of how the show was live than someone who was actually there? How does that make sense? I know you have your reason for not going and that you have your opinion by watching the shows on YouTube and hearing the stream...and that you feel you can't be proven wrong...but these people who tweet were there live and actually saw the show and were raving about it and no, these were not tweets by Glamberts but by long-term Queen fans who were originally skeptical of Adam. And somehow to you, these tweets' opinions are somehow invalid? Why? Because they shower Adam with praise? I ask again how does that make sense? And what about the almost unanimous praise AL gets from the reviews this time around? These are not valid as well because they do not match yours? There is opinion and there are facts. You can have your opinion that this tour is not as good, that there is not enough rehearsal that somehow Adam does not care...but the fact remains, almost everyone who has actually seen the show live is saying the exact contrary.

And how does Brian's problems tonight have anything to do with my discussion with you? How is my saying Adam does not ride on Brian & Roger's coattails because he works so damn hard himself by delivering almost perfect performances every single night have anything to do with Brian not feeling well tonight and pulling through? Did I ever say that Brian & Roger are not talented and professional? If you need to know, yes I do have a lot of respect for Brian and Roger. They are passionate about their art and are extremely talented and professional. And they wrote some damn good songs. They are as integral to the show as Adam. And to play at the level that they are playing at their age is nothing short of extraordinary. I enjoy B & R's solo parts in the show just as much as I enjoy Adam's. And I will always be grateful to them for recognizing Adam's talent and chosing Adam to tour with them.

i have no problem with people stating their views. My problem is when they are being contradictory. You say you do not expect perfection in a live show and yet how many times did you bring up the fact that Adam messed up the lyrics of BoRhap? Somehow, you think it was ok when Freddie often did it and he wrote these songs! It is ok for Adele to mess up so evidently two years in a row at the Grammys but it is not ok when Adam does it? So he messes up the lyrics of BoRhap three days in a row but what about the 20+ other songs he gets right every single night since 2012? How is that being fair towards Adam? I don't mind opinions that are different from mine but not when they are so evidently tainted with bias.