Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > QAL in the UK - 11/28 to 12/16

forum rss feed
Author

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 2563 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Dec 17, 20:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Liliane wrote:

BWBW: Maybe you should heed your own advice and respect people's opinions for what they are when they don't match yours. You're an Adele fan so you did not like it when I said something less than complimentary about her so you resort to the old, "you're a Glambert so everything you say that is negative about another artist is always because you want to defend him, big him up yada yada yada..." The last I checked, this is not an Adele fan board. Since you are incapable of a civil discussion, I will stop discussing with you. News flash, Glamberts are all individuals and our opinions are not beneath yours just because we happen to like Adam Lambert. I'll leave you to your kingdom here.

Rockchic65: I agree with you that time always fly by in a QAL concert and you always enjoy yourself. Don't get me wrong, I still love the concerts and would go again in a heartbeat but after having seen them three times with almost identical set lists, I was pretty excited about the new songs so I was pretty pissed when they dropped IL and SYW just a few shows before mine. I do agree with NickESB on this one as much as I love QAL. Maybe it is because this is your first time, that is why whatever they sing, will still be great :) you have great discipline though. I am totally unable to resist peeking into the set and what they will sing on YouTube :) you'll see what I mean when it is your third or fourth time watching them :) what were the highlights of the show for you?

OwenSmith: Glad you enjoyed the show! I heard Wembley was a really really great show! On a QAL tour, all the shows are good but there are a few that are particularly special and Wembley 2017 was one so lucky you! I was at Wembley 2015, it was my first time watching QAL and it was just awesome because they sang so many songs then! We got TSMGO and Dragon Attack! I think the show lasted 2:40 minutes :) So what were the highlights of the show for you?

Sorry I'm not the one here who told people to STFU twice, coming here to defend AL and sweetcaroline. Oh the big Queenazis' as we were described on Adamtopia. Nice going Glamberts *sarcasm*.
I find it funny you couldn't help but to bring up that AL covered a George Michael as well.



SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 2855 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Dec 17, 21:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam is a multi-talented artist who has covered quite a few stars including Robert Plant, Michael Jackson, Madonna, George Michael, David Bowie, Rihanna and Bob Marley as well as his own solo music

Liliane user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 32 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Dec 17, 21:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BWBW: Of course I mentioned that to you, aren't you a self-proclaimed fan of AL as well? What's wrong with mentioning and discussing AL and his performances to a fellow AL fan? *sarcasm* Btw, I also mentioned Lady Gaga (whose tribute I did not like) and Bruno Mars (whose tribute I liked). And AL did not cover a George Michael song, he was asked to do a tribute of GM. I thought it was well done and represented GM better than Adele's. In these tributes, it is always better to do a few songs instead of one song because an artist does not only have one side. And it would also be better to have many artists do a tribute instead of just one artist. it is more respectful and grand that way. That is why when GM's manager proposed a many artists' tribute and Adele refused, I thought it was egocentric of her to want to impose her vision only. Also Bruno Mars who has worked with her, also mentioned that he thought she was very talented, but that she had a certain attitude and was a diva. He said it in a nice way but he still said it. Just my opinion based on what I have read. I will end this discussion here since this is getting totally off topic.

Liliane user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 32 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Dec 17, 21:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rockchick65: Thanks for your reply :) I love all those moments as well. LOML and DOOL are always very touching and nostalgic no matter how many times I saw them. IILWMC I also really enjoyed since it is new to me, I find Roger's voice on it to be really powerful. STL, I really like this new version. And BR, WWTLF and WATC are always my favorites. Thought BIcyle Race is a lot of fun as well :) yeah I could go on and on, i really like pretty much the whole show :)

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 2563 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Dec 17, 22:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Liliane wrote:

BWBW: Of course I mentioned that to you, aren't you a self-proclaimed fan of AL as well? What's wrong with mentioning and discussing AL and his performances to a fellow AL fan? *sarcasm* Btw, I also mentioned Lady Gaga (whose tribute I did not like) and Bruno Mars (whose tribute I liked). And AL did not cover a George Michael song, he was asked to do a tribute of GM. I thought it was well done and represented GM better than Adele's. In these tributes, it is always better to do a few songs instead of one song because an artist does not only have one side. And it would also be better to have many artists do a tribute instead of just one artist. it is more respectful and grand that way. That is why when GM's manager proposed a many artists' tribute and Adele refused, I thought it was egocentric of her to want to impose her vision only. Also Bruno Mars who has worked with her, also mentioned that he thought she was very talented, but that she had a certain attitude and was a diva. He said it in a nice way but he still said it. Just my opinion based on what I have read. I will end this discussion here since this is getting totally off topic.




Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 2563 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Dec 17, 22:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Liliane wrote:

BWBW: Of course I mentioned that to you, aren't you a self-proclaimed fan of AL as well? What's wrong with mentioning and discussing AL and his performances to a fellow AL fan? *sarcasm* Btw, I also mentioned Lady Gaga (whose tribute I did not like) and Bruno Mars (whose tribute I liked). And AL did not cover a George Michael song, he was asked to do a tribute of GM. I thought it was well done and represented GM better than Adele's. In these tributes, it is always better to do a few songs instead of one song because an artist does not only have one side. And it would also be better to have many artists do a tribute instead of just one artist. it is more respectful and grand that way. That is why when GM's manager proposed a many artists' tribute and Adele refused, I thought it was egocentric of her to want to impose her vision only. Also Bruno Mars who has worked with her, also mentioned that he thought she was very talented, but that she had a certain attitude and was a diva. He said it in a nice way but he still said it. Just my opinion based on what I have read. I will end this discussion here since this is getting totally off topic.




Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 2563 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Dec 17, 23:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@ Liliane. The old chestnut about my being a fan again. Why yes, I think of myself as an AL fan. Does that mean I have to like or rather love everything AL has ever said and done? Nope. I don't even do that for Freddie. I don't care if fellow AL fans don't consider me a fan of his, in fact I will happily not be needing in many Glamberts eyes.
I'm not blind to when things are messed up. I don't always deem it perfect, magnificent no matter what happens in Q+AL shows. No one is ever perfect and magnificent all the time. It's stepford like to claim otherwise. Really, it's being blind to the man's faults while heaping praise on him no matter what. Yes even Freddie messed up, I'm not blind to his faults either.
I expected you to say you liked AL singing GM song better than Adele. And that is ok. I think Adele's was alot more raw and emotional, and that's what I like in music from anyone. GM's family asked Adele to do the tribute. And I know many Glamberts were upset because AL wasn't a part of it, so there was bias to begin with. Same as he Bowie tribute. I thnk Adele was very real, and emotional during it...like her or not, she pulled it off during a very hard time. I don't care what Bruno Mars had to say about Adele. You see, I have my own ears and eyes to make up my mind about things. It's not my problem if my views can't be accepted here, unless it's praise all the time or in total agreement with the main Glambert here.
I admit I do at times lump all Glamberts in...which is unfair. Hands up, I admit it.I know you don't deserve it, you have always been civil. But I don't send out red alerts to defend views about AL that I don't like or agree with and call people on this board Queenazis'. Nor do I tell people to STFU even though no one has even been that offensive lately...unless my mentioning AL messed up, and how I think he came across as lazy is offensive or insulting to him and or his fans.
Tour is over now. I hope in the meantime the guys can rest and recharge. And please for the next year's tour bring back DOOL, IL and SYW. If not please change the set list somehow, because at the end of the day it's all about the music.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 2855 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Dec 17, 23:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I want to see “I Was Born To Love You” performed in more countries other than only in the Orient!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 2563 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 17, 00:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

This is totally off topic except for the discussion about fans. Last night I watched an excellent documentary on Showtime about the band RUSH and their OTT fans since the ‘70’s and how heartbroken they were at their last live show in L.A. They are in their 60’s and due to some health problems (mainly the drummer Neal Peart) they probably won’t tour anymore. Some of their diehard fans have been to over 100 live shows. I have been to 3 QAL live shows and 4 solo Adam live shows. So when “Icy” constantly attacks me for “bigging up” and “defending” Adam and being an OTT Adam and QAL fan, I say “TS, lady!” I am mild compared to RUSH fans and probably Freddie fans if he were still alive and still performing!


So because you have seen Q+AL three times and 4 AL solo songs means my views hold no water in your opinion, or that I can't give my views?
Tough shit for you I say. You are the one who cannot accept another view unless it matches yours. You are the one posting STFU to others all because you can't handle another view/s. No one is being all that offensive towards AL these days. But here you are to defend and promote him no matter what. The guy is human, he messed up, and it took weeks for you to admit to that. While all the time bringing up that Adele also messed up...because you don't like her music and I like her music. It's always tit for tat for you. Does it bother you I like Adele more than AL or something?
So you are an OTT AL and and Q+AL fan? You aren't even a Queen fan I have always thought you weren't a Queen anyways, as you prove they aren't even worth a mention, here or much at all. Yet, you bitch at me for being fans of other artists, as if I should be ashamed of that and I discuss things with other fans. Thunder the band you bitch at me for, a member took the time to wish me a happy belated birthday today. He wouldn't do that if he thought I was pretending to be a fan and kissing up an admin's ass. The things you say to make AL look better more than anybody else...it does nothing to help people wanting to support him. My world doesn't revolve around AL, defending him and praising him no matter what 24/7.
Go back to QOL and let things slip over there the things you have done here. Let is be known you want and apparently need 'negative discussions' that I'm a part of stopped. I wasn't even being negative at the time for Pete's sake! Let it be known you blame me for your bans, and that of your friends. Go tell the admin I'm a fan of same band he is just to kiss his ass. All of that according to you. Go ahead, I dare you to do it. You really are something else. I get you love and enjoy AL, and that it makes you happy, I will never doubt that. We both are stubborn people. But I'm never going to apologise for being a Freddie/Queen fan first. You tried to make me look bad because I wanted to hear DOOL more. You said it's all about me. Not true, it's a song I dearly love. And you even mocked me for that.
I truly wish the guys well. If I end up having missed my chance seeing them live, I will live and deal with that. I will never regert the choice I made to be with my my mother last summer instead of going to a concert. I'm still able to post my views, wether or not you agree with me.

someonewholikesadam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 766 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 17, 03:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've seen Adam solo about 15 times and QAL about 4 times. I'm a loser as far as Glamberts go. LOL. Can NOT get enough of him live. I doubt even Queen fans, in all their fervor. have as much passion for Freddie as we Glamberts do for Adam.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 2855 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 17, 04:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Someone, you are right that we cannot get enough of Adam. He leaves us wanting more! I never saw Fteddie live. Maybe he had the same effect on his fans? Those RUSH fans were a revelation to me that they had been to over 100 live shows! I hope his time with Queen has given Adam the exposure he doesn’t get from the music industry otherwise. There were a lot of skeptical people who came to this tour because they didn’t know what he can do!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 2563 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 17, 05:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

someonewholikesadam wrote:

I've seen Adam solo about 15 times and QAL about 4 times. I'm a loser as far as Glamberts go. LOL. Can NOT get enough of him live. I doubt even Queen fans, in all their fervor. have as much passion for Freddie as we Glamberts do for Adam.




SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 2855 posts
add to buddy list send PM

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 2855 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 17, 11:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here ya go, Icy, this is from Brian May to YOU:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/K9P6JXfso1U

someonewholikesadam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 766 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 17, 15:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sweet Caroline,

A LOT of Glamberts I know have probably been to 100 Adam shows! I just can't afford it! They follow him around the world!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 2563 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 17, 15:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What's that video for, sweetcaroline aka CNB?
I've already seen it.

NickESB user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 184 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 17, 16:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I want to see “I Was Born To Love You” performed in more countries other than only in the Orient!


For once, I agree. Progress!

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 2855 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 17, 17:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“The Best Late-Night Bits of 2017 include James Corden’s Frontman Battle with Adam Lambert:

http://tvline.com/2017/12/16/best-late-night-tv-2017-video-donald-trump-riverdale-stranger-things/



Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 2563 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 17, 20:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

NickESB wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

I want to see “I Was Born To Love You” performed in more countries other than only in the Orient!


For once, I agree. Progress!


Let's hope there will be more rehearsal time than a day or two for the next tour, maybe then there will be some changes to the set list, or at least other songs returning.
I hope AL will never sing something from Inneundo or MIH...that would be very odd since Freddie didn't get to sing it live.

ggo1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 221 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 17, 22:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Bullet with Butterfly.
AL has sang TSMGO many times with Queen, so that hope of yours is dashed already.