forum rss feed
Author

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2326 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Dec 17, 14:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I get it! I saw them at Live Aid in 1985. I think the audiences are happy with them playing the hits in this stage of their lives and careers!

Yet this site and Queenonline are full of genuine fans complaining about the setlist.

Are you airing views with no real understanding of the subject, or are you on some kind of crusade to prove that you're happy with the set list so the rest of the world should fall in line with your thoughts.

Either way you seem to ignoring the facts

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 2857 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 17, 15:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal Harmony, all I’m saying is that the people who are attending these shows, whether they are Queen fans from the days of Freddie or Queen fans from the days of Adam, are having a great time, some of them saying it is the best concert they have EVER been to. From my own experience back in July, I was hoping they were going to include IL and SYW from the NOTW album, but it didn’t matter that they didn’t include them because what they DID perform was absolutely MAGNIFICENT !!!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 2563 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 17, 20:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sweetcaroline, is on a crusade to turn people into Glamberts. That's basically it.
So I will say this to and about you sweetcaroline. Yes, the set list matters. You don't think it matters because you are not a Queen fan. You don't understand the hope some Q fans had that it would be kept in the set list after all the hype.
If anything doesn't matter in these shows, it's the AL solo song. Q+AL tried to push GT and TF , and now with another AL solo song, when there was so many more better Queen songs that deserve to be played. It really comes across they don't care enough to even consider that.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 05 Dec 17, 01:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, it didn’t matter at the time of the show because it was so great. I sincerely wish you had been able to attend a live show so you could know what I mean and stop fighting me about it. It’s not just about Adam. I love the Queen music as much as you do, maybe even more, but I accept and don’t try to dictate what they end up including in their shows. I LOVE the way Adam sings I Was Born To Love You but they only play that one in Japan and Korea so should I be like you and constantly fuss about it?

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 05 Dec 17, 03:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Even more proof that you need and want praise only, sweetcaroline aka CNB.
Yea, I wish I could went too. For the 100th time, my mother took ill suddenly, so I could not have gone. Being with her was more important, i thought she wasn't going to make it in June and October and the fkn nerve of you to still bleating on that you wish I went to a fkn concert so I can stop fighting you about it? How very self serving and selfish you come across. Pretty much it's all about promoting and defending AL to you isn't it? To hell what anyone else ever has to say unless they fully agree with you.
I'm allowed to give my views about anything I want. It's you who can't or won't accept that. You never did, and you never will obviously. I'm not being offensive about AL unless you think my bringing up the fact he messed up Bohemian Rhapsody three times in a row is offensive or insulting to AL in your eyes.
Even here you had to bring up that you love Queen and much as me, maybe even more? .Really now. Why not discuss them sometimes instead of throwing a fit about a thread on QOL that was made with good intentions? Even that pissed you off. You still cannot discuss much of Queen unless you are comparing it to AL. Did Freddie ever lay his head on Brian's shoulder like AL? Or whatever the hell it was you compared recently.
I long for what could be better in these shows, and yes, I feel it could be better. I'm a Queen fan first and foremost, and yes that includes Freddie. I'm not going to be sorry because you clearly don't understand that.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 05 Dec 17, 03:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, read my post, above, and then read it again!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 05 Dec 17, 04:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why?

Mave user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 7 posts

Posted: 05 Dec 17, 15:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not taking any banners. I've enjoyed the evening in Amsterdam and I'm sure I will enjoy Birmingham next week.

I've seen Queen with Freddie perform many times and didn't miss It's late or SYW then. Obviously I'd like them to play these songs - and many more of the less known ones - but cannot expect them to.
The tens of thousands op people also at the arena's want to hear the Queen hitsongs they know, so that's what they play. If I were Queen I would also ignore the +/- 100 fans who want to hear the unkown songs - I would ignore them even more if they let just that spoil their evening (can you call yourself a fan then?)....

The show as it is is absolutely perfect. The band must be suprised to read the positive reviews in the press - something they never ever experienced when touring with Freddie...

SweetCaroline

Posted: 05 Dec 17, 17:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, perfect and magnificent!

ggo1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 221 posts

Posted: 08 Dec 17, 20:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is possible to enjoy the show but still wish they had put more deep cuts into the set.
I was really pissed off they dropped IL and SYW before I got to see them in Toronto, but it was still a good show... just not as great a show as it would have been if they had included one of those two tracks. (For me)
It is possible to enjoy something without believing it is absolutely the greatest thing ever. There is middle ground... just not on the internet.