Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 447 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jan 19, 01:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Thor and Lee....happy to hear you have reached your funding goal. Let's hope you keep on this positive trajectory.

Congratulations Karen for your Freddie lamp win!

Anniebee user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 98 posts

Posted: 28 Jan 19, 01:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor you should definitely check out one of Villiers lives, its pretty cool! And I think the people would flip if you were a part of the NY Daughters live. I wish I could see more of them but they usually happen during my commute home from work, so I have to watch the recordings.

Posted: 28 Jan 19, 01:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor and Lee,

I love the idea for the book cover…can’t wait to see the real thing when I get my book in the mail !!!

Are you still envisioning this as a coffee-table sized book?

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1690 posts

Posted: 28 Jan 19, 02:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rami Malik wins the SAG award!!! BRAVO

thundergod

Posted: 28 Jan 19, 02:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry Rami Malek

Posted: 28 Jan 19, 02:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rami Malek just won for best actor at the Screen Actors Guild awards!!!

We fans have always known that the spirit of Freddie shines brightly...now everyone else is finding that out. On to the Oscars!

Villiers2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 138 posts

Posted: 28 Jan 19, 03:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And even more intrest will build with him winning that as well. Thor, Anniebee just gave me a little idea. I messaged you about it. Might be a long shot but I figured I'd pitch it to you. Check it out when you get the chance please

Posted: 28 Jan 19, 04:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd5,

Re: Mary…That seems to be one of those topics on QZ (and elsewhere) that people feel quite passionate about. I also like Mary. Ultimately, I also trust that Freddie made a decision from the heart and was aware of the ramifications of that decision. I do understand that I am looking at this from the outside and those who are closer to the situation may have a different perspective…

So strong is the connection that people feel to Freddie, that the connection even extends to those special people in Freddie’s world. We care about the people that Freddie cared about and I find that extraordinary.

stevendabudgie user not visiting Queenzone.com
stevendabudgie
Bohemian: 140 posts

Posted: 28 Jan 19, 06:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Blenkolove
@Anniebee

The documentary "The Nomi Song" makes it look like Nomi spent his final days alone in hospital- which is not completely true. Man Parrish, one of the interviewees, visited him there
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Cvizq0wBs

In this video he tells the story how he once had been accosted by Freddie Mercury. How small the world is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNhDNECZpOs

Blackvy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 258 posts

Posted: 28 Jan 19, 15:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow61 wrote:

Re: Mary…That seems to be one of those topics on QZ (and elsewhere) that people feel quite passionate about. I also like Mary. Ultimately, I also trust that Freddie made a decision from the heart and was aware of the ramifications of that decision. I do understand that I am looking at this from the outside and those who are closer to the situation may have a different perspective…

I agree with you.

Posted: 28 Jan 19, 15:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@stevendabudgie, thanks for the videos, that story about Man meeting Freddie was hilarious! I wonder how many other people have similar stories when meeting Freddie.

I read in an article that Nomi didn't have anyone there the last week or so of his life. Watching the video it was probably by choice because they didn't know at that time how the virus was spreading and he didn't want anyone else to get sick. Seems like he was a very sweet person.

Sweetandtenderhooligan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 323 posts

Posted: 28 Jan 19, 17:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Thor- what's your instagram if you don't mind sharing? You can message me too! If not, no worries!

Thanks for answering my question about the music at the clubs! I love dancing at the clubs in West Hollywood- the music is often far better than at the "straight" clubs.

thundergod

Posted: 28 Jan 19, 19:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Sweet,
I re-established my Instagram account but there is nothing in it and I don't go to it. Villiers said that the only way to listen to her live broadcast is through Instagram, so it is ready, basically just for that.
I'm glad you love to dance and hear great music. I haven't been to West Hollywood in years, but if you look closely, you may come across my name on the West Hollywood Walk Of Shame...LOL

Sweetandtenderhooligan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 323 posts

Posted: 28 Jan 19, 19:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL I have many friends whose names would be there too! Next time you're in LA I'd love to buy you a drink/coffee :)

Annie65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 28 Jan 19, 22:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So, I just wanted to share this ...last Saturday was my son’s high school formal and when the DJ played Bohemian Rhapsody, the kids all freaked out and sang at the top of their lungs. They were texting me all this and I loved it! How great they they were rocking out to one of the same songs I was rocking out to when I was 17...way back in 1982.

Posted: 28 Jan 19, 23:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love how the younger generation is embracing Queen and Freddie's music! My Mom used to watch my girls quite a bit when they were younger and she had one of Queen's Greatest Hits CDs and would play it for them wherever they went. Their favorites are Don't Stop Me Now and We Are the Champions. If anyone who doesn't have a lot of their albums has access to Amazon Music, most of the albums are up there to be streamed. I've been trying to get them to listen to more than the greatest hits!

Posted: 28 Jan 19, 23:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Way to go Rami!

Posted: 28 Jan 19, 23:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Agreed Anniebee! Just watching this generation enjoy this music is great as I don’t believe they have anything that unites them as much as music united us back then...all in a positive way of course. And I’ve discovered songs I didn’t know recently and am just thrilled about it!

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 00:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor,

One of the videos @stevendabudgie shared earlier has a story about the guy pretty much rejecting Freddie because he didn't quite know who he was and on the surface wasn't interested. Did this happen often? It seems like Freddie was not shy about talking to guys he was interested in. On the flip side, did he ever get any stalkers or did you notice any people that would hang around a lot but weren't part of your group? :)

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 360 posts

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 00:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for sharing the videos Stevendabudgie. I loved the story about meeting and rejecting Freddie in a bar. I found Man's story about Nomi very poignant. How isolating HIV/AIDS was at that time. I'm glad Nomi had friends who visited him. I'd like to think it is better now, but I suspect there is still a lot of ignorance among people who don't educate themselves.