Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

Mariag user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 7 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Jan 19, 10:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you Thor and i'm sorry I misspelled your name!
Great to be a part of this.
Yes it was wrote on Nureyev's biography.
I'll look into it better.

Cheers

Anniebee user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 98 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 14:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Slow day yesterday!

Thor, how’s the publisher hunt coming along? You’ve been working hard on it, I hope it pays off soon.

Also, did Freddie ever give you any insight on things he liked or disliked about America?

Sweetandtenderhooligan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 323 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 17:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello and Happy Friday! It's also my birthday weekend, as I turn 36 on Tuesday! Phew!

I do have a question and it's probably already answered, but I don't remember seeing it in my re-read of the thread:
Were you with Freddie the night they played SNL?

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1716 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 18:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Anniebee,
Well, now the publishing search is a little more complicated.
We now have an offer, but we are thinking that they might be a vanity press. All indications seem to point towards "vanity"..There are a lot of dissatisfied clients offering negative comments about them on the internet.

Freddie liked the United States very much, but he absolutely LOVED New York City because of the freedom it provided for him in the early '80s, unlike London.

thundergod

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 18:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Sweet,
Yes, we were with Freddie the night before SNL and then for the live show. Freddie had been up most of the night, arguing and fighting with Bill Reid. Most believe it was not one of Freddie's best performances. Freddie could have used a good night's sleep instead of a fight.

Sweetandtenderhooligan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 323 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 20:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for replying!

Bill Reid sounded freaking awful.

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Bohemian: 215 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 00:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET!!!
BOY, I Wish I could be 36 again!!!! I REALLY Enjoyed my late thirties.....Even Forties were Wonderful!! ...50's brought PRICELESS grandchildren, the wisdom and confidence of Life Experience, plus a never-ending/always present TICK-TICK-TICK of your pending personal expiration date !!!......At your age, YOU ARE JUST PERFECT!!
Have a FABULOUS birthday weekend!!.......and Live every day like it's your last!!!!!!!!

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 516 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 00:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Happy Birthday Sweet!

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 516 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 00:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor, is the publisher who accepted you the one near Garden Lodge? It's probably wise to do some investigating if you think they are "vanity".

thundergod

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 00:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh-oh Sweet,
I guess I am responsible for shortening your QZ name. I hope you do not mind.

AND...have a very Happy Birthday, but don't eat too many sweets!...LOL

thundergod

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 00:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No Katydyd it was not. About 5 more weeks to hear from them. I don't want to say their name because we haven't eliminated them completely, but we are close to doing that.

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Bohemian: 114 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 01:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Forgive me if it has already been addressed in previous posts I have yet to read - far too many - how about LGBT and/or LGBTQ-friendly publishers or is the target audience too narrow? Gosh, what a brutal industry!

thundergod

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 01:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jo T.,
We tried a few people that claimed they had some LGBT interests. Unfortunately, one of them was the lady who did, "not have a passion." for our book. The other did, "not have a vision" for our book.

Back to the drawing board. I just hate to keep the GoFundMe donors waiting so long for it!

Anniebee user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 98 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 01:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor, you know that we support you and Lee in this endeavor and you’ve already given those of us that have donated a way out. You will find the right publisher when the time is right! And thank you for taking such care with this and not wanting to just give it to any old publisher.

Sweet, happy early Birthday! My daughter’s birthday is tomorrow, she’ll be 14, where the heck is time going? Hope you have a fun filled birthday weekend!!

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Bohemian: 114 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 02:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hogwash (I held my tongue.)! They lacked "passion" and "vision" for your and Lee's manuscript only because they weren't fans of Freddie Mercury. You need access to an industry insider who is an ardent Queen and FM fan.

I second Anniebee!

thundergod

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 02:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We are trying hard. Only about 25 more rejections for the book to be par with J.K. Rowling's books with 50 rejections before success.

Rainbow61 user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 544 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 04:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sweet,

A very happy birthday to you. Enjoy your celebration weekend!

NotQuiteAShilling user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 05:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh to be the SWEET and TENDER age of 36 again!!!! (See what I did there haha) Happiest of birthdays to you SweetandTenderHooligan!!!!!

BohemianKiKi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 06:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wowowow!! I just made it!

Hi all, I’ve been on this journey with you starting on page one of Thor’s first site. It’s taken me about 2 weeks to go through what for some of you has been a warm, affectionate and connecting journey over the past year and a half (2 Christmases! 2 Thanksgivings!... well 4 if we count my Canadian ones! and 2 Freddie birthdays!). What a celebration it’s been of a beautiful human soul and legend. Thor & Lee I have so much love and gratitude in my heart for what you’ve initiated here, and what you and the core team have done to keep the spirit positive, honest and truthful.

I’ve always loved Queen & particularly Freddie, but I’m like one of the many that after seeing the movie my interest broke open to a whole new beast. I can’t stop diving in to all i can know about Freddie, he is somehow now alive in my heart and this thread has been a big part of it. Over this time it’s been a process of grieving as well (grieving Freddie 27 years later), as if I lost a friend recently, and this thread too has been a healing journey. So thank you all, I’m so glad I’ve read it all and now feel confident to join in the conversation.

Thank you Thor! Thank you Lee! I’m rooting for the book project Thor & Lee!

I may have questions or more input at some point soon, but for now just wanted to say, hi!

PS Thor, you mentioned you were aiming to lose some weight this year. I’m a nutritionist and if you feel you ever would like some input or advice I’d love to offer you my help and knowledge. I’d be very happy to share something back if you feel it’s useful for you after all you’ve shared here.

NotQuiteAShilling user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 06:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Welcome BohemianKiKi!