Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

Anniebee user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 98 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Feb 19, 18:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dustin, Charlies boy and Sweet thanks for the input about she who shall not be named, lol, I feel like this position of “some people saying” her and Freddie were together comes up everywhere no matter who says there was absolutely no way it happened, it always gets questioned. She was a beard, plain and simple, and I’m pretty sure that unless someone physically saw them having sex there’s no way they can say it happened.

Invisible Woman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Invisible Woman
Bohemian: 577 posts

Posted: 13 Feb 19, 18:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi,
I haven't participated in the thread for a long time, but I still read it.
Again about Barbara. So what if Freddie slept with her or not? How much I know it's not a crime. LOL Only Barbara and Freddie know what is the true about it. I don't know why this is so important to some of you.

Thor, You recently said that when you met Jim, Freddie said something like "this is my new husband, girls". But earlier you answered differently. I asked in your previous topic have you ever heard he called him "husband". http://www.queenzone.com/forums/1480243/clarification-of-thor-arnolds-role-in-freddies-life.aspx?page=10
Did I misunderstand something? Sorry if I did.
Thanks.

Dustin Zimmerman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 281 posts

Posted: 13 Feb 19, 18:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What's funny is invisible woman you only seem to pop up when Barbara is discussed. Each time you say the same thing. "Who cares? We'll never know". Only we DO know. It's almost as if you're desperate to believe Freddie wasn't gay. How many times do you need to read "Even Freddie said it never happened" and "Barbara' story doesn't add up" before you accept that the man wasn't bisexual? Repeat after me: Freddie Mercury was a gay man and that is ok.

Now I remember why I took a step back from here. Almost forgot how silly this topic gets.

Charlies boy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Charlies boy
Champion: 58 posts

Posted: 13 Feb 19, 18:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anniebee Sweet and Dustin well said and thank you for saying as much. Freddie deserved better than the lies that woman spewed about him.

Dustin thanks for the extra Garden Lodge info. I read some of that in Phoebe's book as well.

Posted: 13 Feb 19, 18:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No problem.

I think we've said all that needs to be said on Barbara.

Back to Lee and Thor. Was Freddie as open to taking photos during your last visit to London? Jim figured he had the last photo ever taken of Freddie shortly before he passed away. He mentioned Freddie not wanting to be photographed during the last few months. Understandable.

Invisible Woman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Invisible Woman
Bohemian: 577 posts

Posted: 13 Feb 19, 19:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@ Dustin Zimerman It's not true at all that I was talking only about Barbara on this thread. I don't care for her. I have said several times that it does not matter to me if Freddie was gay or bi.
Who read my posts knows that I like Jim.
I went back to the topic again that Thor clarify something about my question in previous thread.
Surely I don't intend to argue about "gay or bi", it does not matter to me. It's more important to me that he found love with Jim.
No need to attack me. I thought is exagerrating with that story about Barbara. By the way, I also think that this is not true about her and Freddie.

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 581 posts

Posted: 13 Feb 19, 19:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Welcome to Charlie's boy! :-) I'm sure you'll enjoy this fun thread.

Charlies boy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Charlies boy
Champion: 58 posts

Posted: 13 Feb 19, 20:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks I posted here before but it was probably about 6 months ago. Thor was nice enough to respond to my private message and everyone seemed really welcoming. I just forgot about this page for a while! I'm actually surprised this isn't more popular within the fan community.

ForFreddie user not visiting Queenzone.com
ForFreddie
Bohemian: 135 posts

Posted: 13 Feb 19, 20:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dustin.... asking questions about something, because you've heard different versions from people who all claim to have known Freddie the best, wanting clarification, is not....a slap in the face to Freddie.

People acting as though I'm some kind of monster because I ask questions regarding Freddie's sexual life, supposing, just supposing, those people might be telling the truth, there's no need to become all indignant over a few inquiries/questions, you'll have to excuse us commoners who didn't have the pleasure of knowing Freddie personally, for being curious, especially since they've got it put out there, in a documentary, of sorts, on Freddie's life.

I'm not saying it's true, I'm not saying it isn't, I simply stated, I saw/heard people who claimed to know Freddie, say it.

Guess what? I don't care! I think most people don't care.

Freddie was, what he was and, I'm pretty sure his sexual preferences aren't the reason for his popularity or, the reason people liked him and his music.

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1720 posts

Posted: 13 Feb 19, 20:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So, I am about to leave for Palm Springs now but I thought I should make one comment.
Dustin, I love ya buddy but please try to keep your language a little more congenial.
You could have said, "I disagree with you and here is why."
Invisible Woman is not a troll and comes from a different background and a different, non-western country. Her ideas are not stated with any nastiness or venom behind it. She deserves to be heard and treated civilly. A good debate is wonderful, but we all need to keep it in a non-offensive manner. Trolls are obvious when they appear and we don't engage them.

Once again, Dustin, I am glad you are back and I know you do not really need any scoldings. We are all here because we love Freddie, his kindness and his genius. I was having a fight with Brandon (my x) once in London. Freddie saw that this was making everyone uncomfortable, so he said, "Girls, just sort yourselves out." We stopped our argument and this silly, but not unkind, statement of Freddie's, saved the rest of the visit.

thundergod

Posted: 13 Feb 19, 20:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And ForFreddie is not a mean troll either.

ForFreddie

Posted: 13 Feb 19, 20:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, I get it now, people who ask questions and offer different points of view and, don't agree with the consensus...aka, the folks who have been here a while and are recognized....are trolls.

I'm not an ass kisser and, I refuse to start now, just because some people are too full of themselves for having known Freddie personally and therefore, put themselves above everyone else, doesn't mean I have to do what the rest are doing......kissing Thor's ass...

ForFreddie

Posted: 13 Feb 19, 20:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Now.... I feel like a first class heel..... excuse me, I thought I was being called a troll for not being a long time, recognized poster.....I'll just leave now.....so sorry....

thundergod

Posted: 13 Feb 19, 20:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ForFreddie, I respect your opinion. I don't feel like my ass is being kissed, but you are certainly welcome to disagree with me on that.

Anniebee user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 98 posts

Posted: 13 Feb 19, 20:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor, have a great time in Palm Springs, hopefully this will be a fruitful trip for the book!

thundergod

Posted: 13 Feb 19, 20:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We just got a new offer to publish the book. I am bringing a copy of the contract to Palm Springs so Lee and I can see if it is a legit deal.
Now I really have to get going. I'm bringing my computer with me so I will check the tread a few times while I am there.
I don't want to get too excited yet...We were quite let down with the last offer.

Posted: 13 Feb 19, 21:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jesus Christ what a mess. LOL none of it was that deep. People are taking things to heart here. I speak the way I speak not to be cruel but it's how I speak. I'm not going to alter it and I don't blame you for trying to step in Thor. Its just unnecessary. Idk what happened with ForFreddie but Thor has no issue with people who have different opinions than him. Looks like you realized that already. Let's not take everything so personally folks.

The Squirrelly One user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts

Posted: 13 Feb 19, 21:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor I tried sending you a thread I saw online regarding one of Freddie's friends but I keep getting an error message when I hit send for private message. If it got to you it must have been sent 8 or 9 times. My apologies.

The Squirrelly One user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts

Posted: 13 Feb 19, 22:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just sent it again without an error message this time. I hope you got it Thor. Thanks.

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 581 posts

Posted: 13 Feb 19, 22:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ForFreddie: I Hope you don't go! stick around andvp I'm sure the fun will resume!

I too don't care what Freddie's orientation was. He was a good, sweet loyal and immensely talented human being.

As long as ones sexual partner is consenting and of legal age, I don't care what people do. Live and let live, I say. :-)

I guess because we all love Freddie to bits, we can sometimes get a bit aireated about what seems like trivial statements and asides.

I recognise that you were in no way dissing Freddie, and simply offering forward an anecdote you'd heard/seen or read.

Hope you don't leave the thread, mate. I'm sure there's lots of fun to come.

Kindest Regards to all.

Have fun in Palm Springs, Thor.