Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 577 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 23:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Thor, as a medical professional do you happen to know what blood type our lovely Freddie was?

I ask this as I am a long time blood donor (since I was 18) and have almost 200 donations to my name (I was a platelet apheresis donor for a long time, too so I gave once a month , and even fortnightly during the gulf war crisis) so it's a bit of interest for me. I wonder even if maybe Freddie ever maybe (a tiny maybe!) received a unit of my blood.

I encourage everyone who CAN to give blood it's such a simple , easy way to give a little back to the world.

BTW it was me who made that Magic Tour "frock" for my lovely faux Freddie doll. He gets a kiss every night and every morning. :-) Love him to bits.

FreddieDarling

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 23:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreddieDarling

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 23:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe that was too many "maybe's" !! Sorry!

The Squirrelly One user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 03:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Villiers2! I caught your live earlier and even your no topic chitchat lives are fun! They're so popular and I see why.

Thor we were chatting about you today and I for one would love to see you chat with Villiers on her live at least once please! Everyone is so interested in you when she brings you up and I think even a 15 minute segment would be a blast to watch! From what I've seen she promotes it a few days before doing the live so people can make room in their day for it and I must say I joined in on her Paul Prenter live and it was filled with people. She has a huge following and shes a real firecracker on there. She keeps us cracking up and she's a great source of Freddie info. If she did get you on her show and promoted it the way she does with her topic lives I have no doubt your show would be the highest viewed. I'd join in for sure! As Freddie would say "Thor! Do! Do! Do!" Lee too please!

NotQuiteAShilling user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 04:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor I second the Squirrelly One - I have also been catching a bunch of Villiers2 lives on Instagram lately and there is SO much interest in you and Lee. Please Please Please think about joining her on one? The people in her lives are great Freddie fans

Charlies boy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Charlies boy
Champion: 58 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 04:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree. I follow villiers too on Instagram and her Mary Austin episode was amazing. So much information and none of it was swayed by personal opinions or anything. She was very simply providing facts and direct quotes and I'll admit I'm not a huge Mary fan but Villiers gave an incredibly fair and unbiased informational live on her that blew me away. She doesn't tolerate rude or nasty comments while shes on a topic and even big mary fans on there were learning new stuff and loved her info. I saw the one about Freddie's relationships too where talked about Freddie as far back as St. Peter's boarding school and who he was then all the way up to Jim Hutton. She does her research for sure.

I'm the third vote for a Thor and Lee sit down chat with Villiers! It would be huge promotion for you guys as well im sure of it. She's got like 17 thousand people that follow and watch her stuff.

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 04:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

NotQuiteAShilling we have probably chatted on villliers lives in the comments before lol. Hello again!

Stop The Madness user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 33 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 04:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

4th vote for a thor/lee chat with Villiers. I had a pretty rude awaking listening to her stuff...when I first joined here I was considered a troll and acted pretty poorly admittedly. I stopped adding comments but never have stopped reading. Someone was talking about her lives weeks ago and I followed out of curiosity. She had an answer and source for every question I hit her with and I was given a new look at Freddie. She always ends by saying something along the lines of 'freddie's real story is so much more interesting than anything Hollywood or the tabloids can come up with' and I have to admit..shes right. I got the books she suggested on the kindle app and I would pay good money to see her chat with you. Please consider it.

Dustin Zimmerman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 281 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 04:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another vote for the villers chat with Thor here. I was watching one of her lives today and she said "Thor Arnold" once and some girl freaked the heck out in the comments lol. "THOOOOR!?! YEEEEEEES!" Others wanted to know who you were and when villers explained people went wild. You should join her Thor. She has a ton of people that take an interest in you and want to hear from you. She can reach thousands.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 545 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 05:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't have an Instagram account and therefore have missed all of Villiers live chats. I did, however, catch the abbreviated Bo-Rhap: Myth Busting talk on Youtube and really enjoyed it. I hope more of those are posted in the future.

St Pepper user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 36 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 06:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes pls do a live with villers. I will watch as well and it would be a thrill for fans of Freddie's to hear from you Thor.

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1716 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 06:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey all you good people,
I love you all, although it took me a little while to scroll down to you..LOL!

Thank you so much We would LOVE to be included in a Vliiers chat but we really can do nothing more right now. I want a book to sell, before I can chat about it. I, personally would rather write another book...it was way easier than finding a publisher.

We got another "send more" and another "not interested" today. Yesterday we heard from a woman who claims she just got involved in a biography on Freddie Mercury and doesn't want more on that subject. HOWEVER, she said she MIGHT be able to use our photos Can you imagine...what freaking nerve. Why SURE Lee and I would just love to send you our pictures for somebody else F**KING BOOK. We were livid!!! That was worse than (not) dealing with a troll!

stevendabudgie user not visiting Queenzone.com
stevendabudgie
Bohemian: 140 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 06:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Thor and Lee,

as you Thor worked in the medical sector and both of you were living in NYC when the AIDS epidemic started I would like to ask whether you got in touch with organizations such as "Gay Men´s Health Crisis" and/or "ACT UP" which were set up by the gay community in New York as responses to the the mayor´s and president´s neglecences in handling the epidemic?

(To those who want to now more:.There are a couple of documentaries on YT, such as "Larry Kramer- in Love and Anger", a movie about author Larry Kramer who founded both GMHC and ACT UP, and specifically about ACT UP: "How to Survive a Plague")

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 06:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lol you're Thor Arnold the fans want to hear from you even without the book out. They want to hear about your friendship with Freddie and they want a chance to interact with you. I wonder who is trying to make a Freddie biography now. The only person who has enough information to make one that's still alive is Peter Freestone and he doesn't seem to have more plans to make another one. Great. Another 'biography' made by someone who didn't know him and get their facts wrong.

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 06:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As if you'd hand over the photos for someone else's book. The nerve of some people. I don't know about anyone else but I was hoping for a live with you just to hear you talk about Freddie? The book would be nice too but most of her followers probably aren't aware of it happening. They know of you from Peter's book and everyone wants to hear you chat about Freddie and the glory days in the 80's.

Charlies boy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Charlies boy
Champion: 58 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 06:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If your schedule is too full Thor we understand. But just for the record we definitely would all want to hear from you on a chat with or without a book to promote. I was sort of picturing some type of casual conversation or a question and answer thing instead. You were a close and trusted friend to a very important man and his fans are hungry for stories and warm memories about him. Especially with all the new younger fans joining in from the movie. Instagram is were the young'uns are these days.

thundergod

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 07:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Stevendabudgie,

Well Steven, I knew about those two worthy organizations but they were just starting up when we left New York in 1984.
After 12 hour shifts, helping children who were mostly about to pass away due to cancer, I don't think I could have handled even more sickness at that time. President Reagan was horrible and unforgiveable when he would not even say the name of the disease, AIDS.
As I've said before, we had the feeling in New York, that these Republicans were thinking to themselves, "Hey, this disease kill gays and Haitians...that's kind of good, no?. It's God's punishment to these deviants" Those are not actual quotes, but they might as well have said exactly that.

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 07:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know you guys have a set date on when you'll go with self publishing with Amazon but I can't help but think what I would be doing in your position. I hope you dont mind my saying so but for me if I were you and the movie won all these awards, freddie is being made into vinyl pop figures (action figures), album sales are tripling, another tour is starting, his name is absolutely everywhere and they still aren't offering you a deal? I would take that as a sign from a higher power that it's time to go forward with Amazon. It just seems like an unusual response from publishers seeing as the demand for all things freddie is so high and you're offering never before seen photos. It should be what everyone is falling over themselves to sign. I know it takes time but he is in the highest demand ever since 1991 and people are dropping tons of cash to buy all things Freddie, and you're offering something nobody else has..and it's not being picked up. Something is off there and its telling me that means Freddie or the universe has another plan for this project. "Make it work for you, darling" (someone brought up that quote just today on villers live). Go on your own and make it happen, I say.

thundergod

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 07:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Sgt. Pepper,

I wouldn't mind if they might, like me and Lee, but I am not interested in having a fan club.. unless there is a fan club for someone who could do a mean sterile dressing change and also do a great catheteriization!...LOL.
We are ALL Freddie fans here...I was just accidentally in the "wrong" place at the right time..LOL, when I met a Queen in his own right! Move over Queen Anne (I did like your Oscar however).

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 07:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ha good one Thor

Well I rarely join in here these days but I was active last year and got into Instagram recently and took a liking to it

I'll check in from time to time to make sure I don't miss any possible chats in the future but would sure love to hear a podcast from you about Melina

Good luck with the book