Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1720 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 07:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey guys,
We have a postponed engagement with a professional videographer who wants to do a taped interview with both of us. He is a well situated and quite talented friend of Lee's. We are not doing it for any money but for exposure. Unfortunately, that won't be until June now with the postponement while he is moving to London. What a bummer if most of his questions had already been answered three months prior.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 559 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 07:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I always enjoy reading about other posters here on QueenZone. When people share their backgrounds, their occupations, how they became Freddie fans, it gives such a warmth to this thread.

spiralstatic...your career sounds fascinating...such important work! Is there a particular category/type of music your students most respond to?

It's quite fascinating that people can remember the lyrics to hundreds of songs, yet if we were to try and memorize lyrics without the music, it would probably be quite difficult. I'm sure there are areas of the brain that just "light up" when we sing or listen to music. Music is indeed magical.

St Pepper user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 36 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 08:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Squirrelly odd I was thinking the same thing

Perhaps it's a sign

Best of luck either way

Dustin Zimmerman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 281 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 08:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would assume all his questions have already been answered here over the last year or two Thor lol. I can't really think of anything anyone could ask that hasn't already been answered here if I'm being honest. That's not a bad thing but the more fan time the better, no?

Another no from another publisher? Frustrating.

thundergod

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 08:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amazon is a possibility, but I promised all the GoFundMe supporters that if we didn't have a legit publisher by April 30, 2019 and be able to deliver on our promise of a hard cover, coffee table style, book, that they could ask for their money back. Lee and I are very sensitive to this. We know how money among many (ourselves included) is hard to get. We don't want anyone to think we are stringing them along. Hopefully they will see us out, but a promise is a promise. We are both trying so hard to get that original deal realized. But, after April 30th, who knows? Amazon may be quite attractive. Many of these publishing companies tell you up-front that you may not hear from them for 12 weeks or so. Vanity Presses get back the very next day...hmmmm.

Villiers2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 08:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know which one of you is farrokhsdreams3 on Instagram, but thanks for pointing me back here lol. I talked with Thor in the past about doing a live chat and he was kind enough to consider it. He did tell me about Lee's friend the videographer who wanted to interview them for YouTube, I believe. My understanding was that if they felt they wanted to take part, it would be something they would consider after said video was made. I don't want them to feel pressured into doing anything, especially because it was originally offered to them as free promotion they probably don't even need tbh, and a chance to talk with fans. In other words, it's not something they are obligated to do or necessarily need to do. It's just something for them to do if they so please. The live chats aren't going anywhere. The demand for a NY Daughters live is there but it'll still be there for forever and a day. There's no rush and if they decide to pass on it, that's fine too. The last thing I want for them to feel nagged into it, although I so appreciate everyone's enthusiasm and it's great to hear from @Stop The Madness, especially! Cracking up at that message! Thanks all!

The Squirrelly One user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 08:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wouldn't worry about the money Thor. You'll always have supporters and I'm sure people with a platform like villers will always be willing to offer more giveaways or cool prizes for more donations if needed. That's how sweet this fandom is! If it gets to be April and you need to go the self publishing route, those that would like their money back are free to it and any new goal you need can and will be made. You're not just Freddie's friend, you're our friend and we'll always have your back. Hugs!

Invisible Woman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Invisible Woman
Bohemian: 577 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 08:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor and Lee,
In your opinion, why publishers are not interested for your book?

The Squirrelly One user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 08:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ps Ms.Villiers speaking of raising money, congratulations on getting Freddie's charity the hundreds you did with that giveaway yesterday. I gave what I could I just wish it could've been more. You're a peach!

The warmth of this fandom and the generosity speaks volumes.

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 08:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@IW I'm wondering the same thing. It doesn't make sense. You would think this would be the time a Freddie book with unseen photos would be at it's absolute highest demand. I don't get it.

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 582 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 08:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Villiers2 .

Loved the 1 YouTube upload I saw of your live chat (which seems to have disappeared!) Will you be uploading any more? I can't seem to get the Instagram thing to work for me (plus. I'm in a different time zone)

Thanks

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 08:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually, I'm a follower of quite a few major artists who have passed on (as I'm sure many of you are) and there is a pattern that stands true with all of them. When they're thrusted back into pop culture and popularity again via movie, remixed record, etc, they skyrocket. Much higher than their average popularity. That last about a few months. With Freddie, the movie hype will die off after award season ends. Autograph values will drop a bit, demand will drop and bit and he will go back to the level of demand in pop culture that he was at 5 years ago. Obviously he's never been unpopular since his death, but you get my point. Once the awards end, so does the demand. In another few months he wont be the fresh new thing on everyone's mind anymore. Pop culture is a fickle thing. My fear is the book doesnt get picked up right now at the end of the hype and when it all goes back to how it was years before the movie....then what? Chances seem even lower. Not to be a negative person but I'm just sharing my concerns about a trend that rings true to every celebrity that has passed on.

Villiers2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 08:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreddieDarling, the video is down while we edit for a more upscale look ;) so no worries, it'll be back up along with our Jim Hutton live in the next few days. I've been turned on to a cool editing app recently that can take our videos and make them look and sound much more professional and I like the idea of them all being uniformed on our YouTube page. Glad you enjoyed it!

thundergod

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 08:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We are sending our stuff out to some who say they are LGBTQ friendly. Unfortunately these people are some of the ones who say we'll need to wait about 8-12 weeks.
I DO believe that part of the problem is that many are so busy reading queries and proposals and they wish to proceed at an orderly "first come, first served" pace. Can't blame them for that as long as they conduct themselves fairly.

Hey guys, I can't give you the names of who we have contacted so far, but if any of you have some spare time (LOL) on your hands, maybe contacting some literary agents (better than directly to the publishers) even if we did not actually query them, and making the "why not?" pitch might make them pay attention. Just a thought. It could possibly be a help or a disaster. These literary people seem to be rather High and Mighty.They have strict directions for what gets sent to them (and they ALL want different lengths, inclusions or word count limits .Professional writers probably know this and follow their requests to the limit. We are trying to do that.

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 09:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry Thor I want your book to get picked up that's why I have to say no to the idea of fans pitching to publishers. My brother in law worked for one in California and he said the most annoying thing writers would do is have friends or family call and pitch to them. He said half the time it meant they wouldn't even look at the book before tossing it in the "no" pile. He said "it comes off as desperate and forced and nobody wants to back a desperate book". You were probably joking about that anyway but just in case anyone took it seriously and stating shooting off emails to publishers they find on google Haha. No Freddie's name is big enough on it's own to gather attention. Let's hope one picks it up but if not self publishing is the way to go. I heard some rumors on Facebook about this being a scam and I shut it down pretty quick but people on there were taking issue with the money sitting this long. They felt it's already been long enough but I think the April date is fair.

thundergod

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 09:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oops, I withdraw this thought. Thank's Dustin for the info.

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 09:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can give him a call tomorrow and see if he has any tips if you'd like? I'll get back to you later with his advice.

thundergod

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 09:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great Dustin, I would appreciate that very much.

thundergod

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 09:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dustin, check your PM when you get a chance. No rush.

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 582 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 09:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi I`m reposting this question as fear it may have got lost in the requests for Thor and Lee to participate n a live chat and those very odd long post which seemed to be an advert for something from Chipsotov ! And I`d love it if Thor could answer it, so I`m copy and pasting it again. :O)..............................................

Hey Thor, as a medical professional do you happen to know what blood type our lovely Freddie was?

I ask this as I am a long time blood donor (since I was 18) and have almost 200 donations to my name (I was a platelet apheresis donor for a long time, too so I gave once a month , and even fortnightly during the gulf war crisis) so it's a bit of interest for me. I wonder even if maybe Freddie ever maybe (a tiny maybe!) received a unit of my blood.

I encourage everyone who CAN to give blood it's such a simple , easy way to give a little back to the world.

BTW it was me who made that Magic Tour "frock" for my lovely faux Freddie doll. He gets a kiss every night and every morning. :-) Love him to bits.