Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Champion: 86 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Mar 19, 02:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jo T. wrote:

@Lspg03, the audio outtake was hysterical. Freddie's laughter was so infectious. He sounded so young. I lost track of all the F-bombs. He drops them so eloquently, doesn't he? LOL

Thor, welcome back! It's hard to leave NY, isn't it? I pray your bro beats the cancer. It's all about the people we love in the world, our family and friends, isn't it?

@JoT....right?! Glad you enjoyed it. It raises my spirit every time I hear it.

Lsgp03

Posted: 29 Mar 19, 02:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oops! Now I understand what everyone else was going thru.

NeverTooLate user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 116 posts

Posted: 29 Mar 19, 03:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You have to click on the "post message" button once and only once and then *not click it again*. It takes a minute for your post to show up, but it will, even though it looks like nothing is happening.

Lsgp03

Posted: 29 Mar 19, 03:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

NeverTooLate wrote:

Yeah, you have to click on the "post message" button once and only once and then *not click it again*. It takes a minute for your post to show up, but it will, even though it looks like nothing is happening. People get impatient and hit the post message button overAndover and end up with multiple duplicate posts and don't understand why.

Remember: press once and only once then hands off! ;)

Hi @NeverTooLate, thanks, and it’s “never to late” to learn something new, but this site is slooooooowww posting. Geeeez

NeverTooLate user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 116 posts

Posted: 29 Mar 19, 03:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 714 posts

Posted: 29 Mar 19, 03:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi glad you are back thor hope you had a great time with family and friends I'm pleased your brother is doing well prayers for him and his family that he will be healed I know he has been through alot.Hope you get some rest now that you are back take care and keep posting.

NotQuiteAShilling user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 118 posts

Posted: 29 Mar 19, 05:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Welcome back Thor! That is great news about your brother

The Black Queen's Kid user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Black Queen's Kid
Champion: 74 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 19, 13:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can anyone provide details on how to find Villers2 YouTube channel? It sounds very interesting. Thank you.

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 19, 14:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor, I will make sure I wear my Marilyn Monroe dress if I visit New York . :)

Its been a w hile, please do tell us something heartwarming about Freddie. I have just seen a vile Jim hating thread on this site and so I need to hear something good.

My goodness some people really hate Jim, it is very scary.

Posted: 30 Mar 19, 15:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut I just dont get it if they dont like Freddie and Jim relationship stay off this forum they should know what we are gonna be talking about this should be a safe place to ask questions without being insulted.Maybe these haters have pain coming from somewhere possibly mommy issues it has to be something you just dont hate for no reason.

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Bohemian: 210 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 19, 15:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Black Queen's Kid......
Go to instagram.....search Queen_memes.kl
She has link to her YT site. But there is only two loaded at this time. Hope this helps!!

Posted: 30 Mar 19, 17:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CHEYMAN I don't understand it either. It seems that there is someone who has created several instragram accounts to troll those that discuss Jim. It now appears the person is on here too.
I love Queen and Freddie so I am so distrubed by what I have seen. Jim was just the gardener, Jim's book is all lies, Jim went to a sex club in the weeks before Freddie died, Jim didn't help care for Freddie and on and on.
What is wrong with people.

Posted: 30 Mar 19, 17:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the person is called FreddieDearie so keep a look out.

Invisible Woman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Invisible Woman
Bohemian: 538 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 19, 18:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't understand that someone spend so much time posting bad things about Jim and presents some own view as facts.

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1690 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 19, 19:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have not seen the forum/thread you are referring to and I am glad not to ever read it. Phoebe was with or near Freddie 24/7. from 1980 to 1991. I believe his book and the truths he stated. Anyone else, who was not there does not have a clue. As my sister often says, "let it go in one ear and out the udder."....lol

thundergod

Posted: 30 Mar 19, 19:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK doughnut...something heartwarming from Freddie:

When we asked the clean-shaven, short haired, mustached, jean clad Freddie about his previous long hair, painted finger nails and outrageous costumes from the early days before we knew him, he simply said, "Oh, darling, I looked just hideous!...…..but it WORKED!"

thundergod

Posted: 30 Mar 19, 19:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

P.S....the statement I just shared is NOT in the book...lol

Posted: 30 Mar 19, 20:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Invissible Woman I don't understand either.

Great advice Thor, your sister gives good advice.

I love thay story. When I look back on the fashion over the years I think the same. I love how he thought he looked hideous . Later on I have read that he said in interviews that it was all an act and he never took himself seriously. I like that about him. I guess that is why he recorded the Great Pretender .

Can I ask, with all this chat about Freddie who was your fab friend, has it ever made you sad and caused you to shed a tear or two. It must be so hard .

I really respect you and Lee and how protective you are with what you tell us. You are both ace :)

Sweetandtenderhooligan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 323 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 19, 21:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love that because I’ve wondereed how he looked back upon the glam years. I honestly think he looked amazing in the 80’s. Was he more handsome in person than in photographs? Hard to imagine, as that bone structure was amazing!

Don’t pay attention to the Jim hater if she comes in here. I honestly think she has some mental health challenges. I have no reason to doubt Jim, and if Freddie loved him it speaks volumes. Same with you, Thor and Lee. It seems in the last year or so he surrounded himself with those of good character.

Posted: 30 Mar 19, 21:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor that 70s look was my favorite some of those pictures of him were so beautiful.He could make anything work for him there is a shot were they are all bare chested wrapped up in each other very skinny and honey they could've been girls especially Freddie and Roger it was beautiful.They cant capture true art like they used too.