Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1690 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Apr 19, 17:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lee shared this article with me last night and I would like to share it with you. Interesting indeed!

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/26/world/asia/bohemian-rhapsody-china-censored.html

Sweetandtenderhooligan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 323 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 19, 18:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor- I would love that! Dinner on me!

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 360 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 19, 18:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I REALLY didn't want to get into this again, but I'm going to , and then I'm going into witness protection.

That interview where Brian and Roger talk about Freddie's death is so moving. They are clearly in deep mourning for their friend. They do mention the three men who were there in Garden Lodge, caring for Freddie. I think you have to remember though that while some newspapers reported Freddie's death kindly, others were horrible, sometimes blaming him and certainly denigrating his lifestyle. I think Brian and Roger were, as Roger says, sticking up for Freddie since he no longer could and acknowledging those who cared for him. However, I think it is in Phoebe's book, it is known that Mary came to spend time with him every day. You have to remember she had a toddler at home and she was heavily pregnant at the time. I don't know, but my personal opinion is that Freddie wouldn't have wanted her to participate in the physical care. I think he probably took great comfort from her presence and it isn't fair to say she wasn't there.

Done, and out.

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 718 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 19, 18:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

U know Mary's name seems to bring out the worst in people the group I belong too doesnt even allow discussion about her in our group because it causes conflict people are attacking people on Instagram I think it's probably fair to say that she wasnt part of the band she didnt write or compose any music for queen and if she hadn't existed at all Freddie still would've been the legend he is today.Lets just talk about the music they made cause they are all legends and deserve that respect and honor.

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 373 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 19, 19:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Thor and Lee

Just wanted to say that as far as I'm concerned I don't want any donations back! Please keep it as long as necessary to fund your book. I hope that a publisher soon wises up and sees this ook for the gem it is.

If not I do hope we will still get to see it via a self publishing platform.

Keep your chins up!

Cheers

Kind Regards to you both.

Posted: 01 Apr 19, 19:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes Lee I had a bad experience with everclear I was 18 never drank before got really messed up and shot a gun through the ceiling of a friends apartment i didt know the safety wasnt on the gun so i will not drink that particular drink anymore plus my meds wont allow it.I was a wild child.

thundergod

Posted: 01 Apr 19, 19:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you FreddieDarling and don't worry, If I have to buy 50 cartridges of ink and print them out one by one at home, I will do so...but as I've said, we are not giving up by a long shot. The April 30th, 2019 deadline was conceived during that awful period when a few trolls were telling anyone who would listen that "the money has already been taken from you" and "this is a scam". I guess they didn't know that GoFundMe itself guarantees that the money will be refunded if the product is not legit.

Posted: 01 Apr 19, 19:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor that's crazy guess they didnt do their homework it's probably some of the same ults on Instagram with several accounts I have had to block several myself they dont want that book out because it will confirm the truth that's one of the reasons why I pray it gets published.The other reason is to show people he wasnt a sad lonely guy he had a blast and many good times and friends and those friends had names.

SmokyQuartz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 192 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 19, 19:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Thor and Lee

I've been away a while with a crazy time workwise, but just saw your email so jumping in quickly to say I'm behind you all the way on this project. All in good time. I cannot wait for this book, I believe in it 100% and the process required.

When work slows down soon I'll come back and catch up :-)

NeverTooLate user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 116 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 19, 20:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thundergod

Posted: 01 Apr 19, 20:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oops, sorry
Perhaps the video I was referring to came up automatically after the Elton John Christmas gift.
Here it is and I will try it again to find the actual link to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzUqop5kuCk

thundergod

Posted: 01 Apr 19, 20:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, that did not work a second time

thundergod

Posted: 01 Apr 19, 20:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is it...sorry it is so long

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=brian+may+and+roger+taylor+give+inteview+shortly+after+freddie+mercury%27s+death&qpvt=brian+may+and+roger+taylor+give+inteview+shortly+after+freddie+mercury%27s+death&view=detail&mid=F66D346CDF883CA2B5B6F66D346CDF883CA2B5B6&&FORM=VRDGAR

thundergod

Posted: 01 Apr 19, 20:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Now that I realize many have not been able to see the video I was talking about, I would like to repeat my previous thoughts about it.

Thank you for your link to the Brian and Roger tape of their immediate reactions to Freddie's death. The boys talked so fondly and respectful of Freddie. Of course there is the one rather obvious inconsistency of how they thought then and what was actually shown years later in the movie "Bohemian Rhapsody".
They talk admirably of a certain "un-named" group of three men who cared for Freddie to the end, but the absence of a female figure in this scene was to me, glaringly conspicuous. I don't want to go there, but these were Brian's and Roger's own words or should I say, absence of words.

thundergod

Posted: 01 Apr 19, 20:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Humm, that message got cut off in spots. last try...

Thank you for your link to the Brian and Roger tape of their

immediate reactions to Freddie's death. The boys talked so

fondly and respectful of Freddie. Of course there is the one

rather obvious inconsistency of how they thought then and

what was actually shown years later in the movie

"Bohemian Rhapsody". They talk admirably of a certain

"un-named" group of three men who cared for Freddie to

the end, but the absence of a female figure in this scene

was to me, glaringly conspicuous. I don't want to go there,

but these were Brian's and Roger's own words or should I

say, absence of words.

thundergod

Posted: 01 Apr 19, 20:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Guess QZ just went dark for the last 10-15 minutes

thundergod

Posted: 01 Apr 19, 21:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Part 2 which prompted my response earlier

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Brian+May+and+Roger+Taylor+One+Weel+Later+part+two&&view=detail&mid=C66BCF074587B5B3C205C66BCF074587B5B3C205&&FORM=VRDGAR

Posted: 01 Apr 19, 21:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Posted: 01 Apr 19, 22:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

One of the rumors they were keen to dispel was the notion that Freddie did not have a companion in his life.

Posted: 01 Apr 19, 22:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have seen the interview and they say nothing but nice things about the gentlemen that cared for him but I cant recall a mention of any female care givers they mentioned right off hand I may be wrong.