Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1047 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Apr 19, 11:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He found both emotional and the whole package a person needs to be happy that is why Ma was so bitter towards him such a pity a sincere friend would be happy for their best friend.And as far as people picking sides most people cant stand MA most are for Jim Hutton that's why there are so many personal attacks on instagram.I belong to one of the bigger queen groups and they are anti Mary Austin no posts or pictures are allowed.Yo know the other guys were married to their wives and noone holds them up on a pedal stool or even mentions them and they were married for years with children and all.Why should we put so much attention on one relationship in someones youth yes they remained friends but so have many other people throughout history like I said if she hadn't existed at all he would become the legend he is today it has nothing to do with her.

Posted: 02 Apr 19, 11:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He found both emotional and the whole package a person needs to be happy that is why Ma was so bitter towards him such a pity a sincere friend would be happy for their best friend.And as far as people picking sides most people cant stand MA most are for Jim Hutton that's why there are so many personal attacks on instagram.I belong to one of the bigger queen groups and they are anti Mary Austin no posts or pictures are allowed.Yo know the other guys were married to their wives and noone holds them up on a pedal stool or even mentions them and they were married for years with children and all.Why should we put so much attention on one relationship in someones youth yes they remained friends but so have many other people throughout history like I said if she hadn't existed at all he would become the legend he is today it has nothing to do with her.

Posted: 02 Apr 19, 11:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just think this is alot of paper we are wasting and could think of better things to talk about.By the way I dont know who wrote about Mary being heavily pregnant but that's not an excuse women been having babies for centuries she probably could've managed to do more I suppose .As far as having a toddler she worked for Freddie I'm sure she had a sitter Freddie was always very kind to her and adored her as his friend.

Posted: 02 Apr 19, 13:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut yes I seen that with MA and Dave Clark amazing how Roger couldnt hold it together but the woman that was supposed to love him so could stand there and give a interview right after death amazing isn't it.But she criticized Jim for writing a book .All she did all those years I'm afraid is wait for the payday and I'm not talking about the payday candy bar.

NeverTooLate user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 116 posts

Posted: 02 Apr 19, 14:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I read somewhere that MA had a nanny.

Posted: 02 Apr 19, 15:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nevertolate that's what I'm talking about that's what irritates me she had a nanny for her child that watched him when she went there so most of that miss Mary wonderful is coming from bri and Jim beach.She wants nothing to do with the fans but when it came down to approving a movie script that her name and character were all over it she took the glory by the horns.I dont begrudge giving anyone credit when it's due but in this case it feels so wrong and that's my personal opinion.I read one of the poor guys was very sick with the virus himself he had to look it in the face everyday knowing his own fate but they didnt mention or give that poor guy credit how must he have felt in that moment when Freddie's soul left his body we will never know.Compassion and moral is the missing piece to this equation.

NeverTooLate user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 116 posts

Posted: 02 Apr 19, 15:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think MA was involved in any part of the movie-making process or script writing or approval. Her approval wasn't required.

Posted: 02 Apr 19, 15:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's why I always say in my opinion in my post when I state something not based on facts I rely on nothing from a tabloid newspaper they can say anything.And anything out there on social media is everybody buisness unfortunately things were so much more simple without it.But our generation now depends on it.

Sweetandtenderhooligan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 323 posts

Posted: 02 Apr 19, 17:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Thor-

Did you ever hear Freddie refer to Jim/Phoebe/Joe as "the Family"?

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 02 Apr 19, 17:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry I forgot to say that it was me that mentioned the nasty person but I know it isn't you FreddieDarling :)

My daughter who is nearly 16 has a gay male best friend and it warms my heart that he has been able to come out so young and suffer no problems. She facetimes him every day and they get on so well which really makes me happy as she struggles with friends.

Cheyman it was Joe that found out he had aids , Jim said in his book that Freddie bought Joe a house as Joe was going through a hard time and was worried about what would happen to him after Freddie passed. I have a fondness for Joe, he seemed like a very nice guy and I haven't heard or read a bad word about him. It must have been very hard caring for Freddie knowing he would most likely suffer the same fate. The same for Jim although at that point he had HIV not full aids

Out of all this I just wish that Peter, Joe and Jim had been appreciated more afterwards because I feel they were brushed under the carpet. Luckily it appears it's water under the bridge now for Peter which is good. He has a good heart and just wants people far and wide to get to know the real Freddie. Without him, Jim , David Evans, David Minns , Thor and Lee this may not have happened if the queen machine had their way. Brian said in an interview that they finally agreed to make the film because if they didn't , someone else would .

Cheyman I also don't think that MA had any input into the film. The accress who played her had to rely on input from Brian May, this is what I read in an interview about her role.

I still belive they made their replationship almost fairytale and this has had a massive impact on new fans and how they perceive her . Today in a fan group a lady said that Mary has probably kept the ashes so that they are buried with her when she dies. This is the lady that claims Freddie only wanted men for sex and mary for the emotional side. I don't wish to insult anyone but surely if you are a 100% gay man then you want the whole package from another man rather than part from a man and part from a woman. I may be wrong so I apologise if I am.

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 02 Apr 19, 17:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katy I would love to see 'we will rock you' but South America is way way to far for me lol .
I'm hoping they bring it back to the UK .

Posted: 02 Apr 19, 18:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut I'm unsure about that last part because growing up I had a relationship with a girl and was with her on and off for 5 years in between I had guys too.i connected with women for sex I wanted it all the time and with a guy I wanted emotionally and sexual support I ended up marrying our best friend she thought I was bisexual but even to this day I dont know what I am I just like it all.The ashes is a tough one his mother should've known before she passed that was her son and I dont care what he told her to do she should've given her some that was her first born child she out lived her child that's tough.Mary might have mental instability about her past relationship with Freddie she has never let go.As for Joe he was such a cute dude devoted to his friend I'm just sorry he lost his life so young as well.

Posted: 02 Apr 19, 18:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut your correct Freddie screamed gay supposedly he wouldnt even have sex with her any longer he was a young guy touring on the rode I need not say any more on that one its natural.If a woman or man is 100 percent gay yes they want the whole package that's why he kept the company of men after coming clean to Mary about his affair with David minns .On the other hand she loved him 100 percent even after that discussion.He did need her for a beard I'm sorry but in those times he just did I would've done the same.Its hard subject for me because I just dont believe in putting labels on people.But I will say this let's pretend for a moment and say he hadn't been gay he still I dont believe would've made a good family man.He was a firecracker a highly sexual person she may have lost him to other women but thats just for pretend his own sister said he wouldnt make a good father.

Villiers2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts

Posted: 02 Apr 19, 18:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Emailed you Thor. I kept getting blank queenzone messages so went a different route. Hope it didn't end up in your spam folder.

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1716 posts

Posted: 02 Apr 19, 21:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Damn...I just went through a long "family" discussion, but before I could save it, QZ consumed it...damn!

thundergod

Posted: 02 Apr 19, 21:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Check your own e-mail Villiers and see, you can access the QZ site!!!

Sweetandtenderhooligan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 323 posts

Posted: 02 Apr 19, 22:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor- Villers is the real deal. She's a really amazing person.

EmeraldBarSweeper user not visiting Queenzone.com
EmeraldBarSweeper
Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 11 posts

Posted: 02 Apr 19, 22:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I never realized until recently how much bitterness a lot of fans have toward Mary. I don’t think I’ll weigh in with my opinion. ;)

Thank you to whoever (can’t remember who brought it up now) mentioned the We will Rock You North American tour. I looked it up and, unfortunately, the closest it’s playing to me is Birmingham, Alabama. It’s not worth it to me to actually go to Alabama (I apologize to those who are from Alabama). But, then again Alabama is not about to pass the most restrictive abortion law in the country. After it passes, I doubt many performers will choose to come here.

Queen + Adam Lambert is playing here in August but tickets for that sold out pretty quickly. I guess I will have to stick with my iPad and watch videos.

Thor and Lee, do you ever catch any of the singing competitions on TV?

EmeraldBarSweeper user not visiting Queenzone.com
EmeraldBarSweeper
Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 11 posts

Posted: 02 Apr 19, 22:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ah, it was Katy who mentioned We Will Rock You tour. Thanks, Katy!

thundergod

Posted: 02 Apr 19, 23:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK...This is not like me but here it is-
I can only judge Mary on what I witnessed and what information I have received since 1991. She had absolutely no interest in knowing or liking me and because of this, I have no reason to like her. She was tepid in her response to me from 1986 to 1991. She was very cold after Freddie's passing. I have never claimed to know her well, but I DID observe her. If I am wrong about this, Freddie, please strike me dead! ENOUGH!