Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

EmeraldBarSweeper user not visiting Queenzone.com
EmeraldBarSweeper
Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 11 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Apr 19, 14:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good morning, Y’all!

I hope everyone is having a lovely day. It’s beautiful where I am (I wish my neighborhood pool didn’t wait to open until the last week of May when school is out).

Is anyone planning any fun trips this summer? The NY Freddie tour sounds like it’d be awesome!

I’m not much of a traveler (I live on a teacher’s salary after all); but I did visit LA for the first time last summer. It’s my favorite place to visit so far. I love the weather, the friendliness; and the quirkiness of the people there. There was always something interesting to see. The year before, I visited London (my first time in Europe). I stayed in Kensington. It has been the most beautiful city I’ve visited.

Thor and Lee, I wish I knew some publishers. I just had my first donors choose project funded for some classroom books. I wish they had a similar sight where people could pitch their book ideas online and publishers would decide then and there which ideas they’d publish. With the new popularity of the BoRhap movie, I’m surprised there aren’t publishers lining up to publish your book. I’ve read some pretty crappy books about Freddie that have been published, but you guys actually knew Freddie and were good friends. My favorite books are the ones written by Phoebe, Jim, and Ratty because they haven’t relied on heresay in their books. I love each of their different perspectives about Freddie.

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 716 posts

Posted: 03 Apr 19, 16:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie not freddy I like that name you got. I think he liked women okay I did a little research and he went to a all boys school from an early age so he must have formed deep bonds with males from an early age I think he was only 8 or so away from family so that was the only connection he had from an early age.So naturally maybe growing up around all boys at school he was terribly shy he might have preferred Male company my opinion.

Sweetandtenderhooligan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 323 posts

Posted: 03 Apr 19, 17:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor-

The meatpacking district is now incredibly expensive, like most of NYC!

Also, if you need a lawyer to look over any contracts from publishers my husband would be happy to free of charge. He isn't licensed in California yet(has to take the Bar), but he is in Massachusetts and deals with contracts for a living in LA.

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1690 posts

Posted: 03 Apr 19, 17:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

HaHa CHEVYMAN,
I admit that I am old-fashioned, but is punctuation considered obsolete these days? Wow, in my day, our school teachers would have shot us down for having too many "run-on sentences" No offense meant, just curious.
I've also heard that they no longer teach "cursive" handwriting
in school. How do people simply sign their names then? I don't think block printing works for a Will or even just a credit card signature. Oh well, I guess I am out of touch...LOL

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts

Posted: 03 Apr 19, 17:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I feel left out being in the UK ??????

The weather here is cold , I'm desperate for some sun. I,m looking forward to my summer holiday to majorca in August.

Lee/Thor what was the party like at garden lodge following the Wembley gig ? Id love to have been a fly on the wall .

thundergod

Posted: 03 Apr 19, 17:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very exciting Doughnut,
I have never been to Mallorca but I've been to Ibiza and if Mallorca is anything like that, you are in for some great fun AND great sun! You must tell us all about it when you return.

Posted: 03 Apr 19, 17:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor no offense taken believe it or not I was a straight a student go figure I graduated in 92 a little lazy I guess and no they dont teach that type of handwriting no need these days.Im glad to hear from you I was beginning to think you didnt want to talk to me friend nice to hear from you .And by the way my name is Kendra Chevy is my stage name.

thundergod

Posted: 03 Apr 19, 17:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh Sorry Kendra,
I did not mean to ignore you at all. Perhaps I got a little caught up in all the messages lately plus my little emotional outburst yesterday, which hopefully will never be repeated.

Posted: 03 Apr 19, 17:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut buddy I would like to be a fly on the wall at alot of those activities.

thundergod

Posted: 03 Apr 19, 17:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut,
In 1986 after the first (of two) Wembley "Kind of Magic" concerts, I believe we all just went back to Garden Lodge for a more moderate celebration. I will punt this question over to Mr. Memory, Lee Nolan.

Posted: 03 Apr 19, 17:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Speaking of Barbara Valentin I dont get that whole dea but I will say I seen a pick of her and she needed to put her boobies away goodness you could get lost.Her dress was beautiful but all you could see is those milkers.

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 360 posts

Posted: 03 Apr 19, 19:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cursive handwriting, to teach or not to teach...……...it's an ongoing debate in education. We were still teaching it in my district as of three years ago. The kids loved learning it. I think it is important for people to be able to read and write cursive. Actually Ohio passed a bill last summer requiring schools to develop a curriculum for teaching cursive. While schools are not required to actually use the curriculum, many if not most, do.

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 360 posts

Posted: 03 Apr 19, 19:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Emerald, I think a NYC tour conducted by Lee and Thor would be fantastic! I used to live in a suburb of the City in NJ, but I haven't been back in many years. Summer plans? Hmmm...…….nothing firm yet. My brother is bugging me to get myself to NJ for a visit. I might do that. He's in a suburb outside of Philly so plenty to do if I go. I envy you your trip to London. That's a dream for me.

Posted: 03 Apr 19, 19:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oklahoma no longer teaches cursive writing my aunt is a teacher and has taught for years.Eventhough she now teaches accounting and some college prep courses she said they no longer do it in Oklahoma.

thundergod

Posted: 03 Apr 19, 19:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But Still,
How do they teach you to sign your name without cursive???

thundergod

Posted: 03 Apr 19, 20:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow, Lee just shared this with me. WWRY concert in Indio California (near Palm Springs) this October.$357.00 for a floor level spot in the back, left side of the theater. Guess I will not be going.

Posted: 03 Apr 19, 20:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor I dont know I will have to ask I been out of school too long since 92 I learned cursive in the 81 so that's how long its been.

Posted: 03 Apr 19, 20:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thats a insane price who could afford that.

Posted: 03 Apr 19, 20:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor I will definitely let you know how !y bol goes . I have heard Ibiza is beautiful.

Cursive writing was brought back into UK schools 3 years ago. My daughter had to learn it after being in school 3 years already. Her writing is,much better although I was sceptical.

Chevyman we need a time travel machine !

Thor I'm sure a modest celebration Freddie style isn't likely my idea of modest . Peter has shared photos of Freddie fridge full of champagne.

Posted: 03 Apr 19, 20:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holidays not ly bol ha ha