Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1711 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Apr 19, 01:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow Dustin,
How kind of you to say that. When it happens, I want to make sure YOU are listening LIVE!

thundergod

Posted: 04 Apr 19, 01:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BlackQueen-
Now that is funny!

Dustin Zimmerman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 281 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 19, 01:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I sure will be. Can we ask questions live or are they all going to be pre-picked? All the lives I've seen from her have have pre-picked questions her followers send in but she leaves a few minutes at the begging or end or live questions with the fans. I'd love to interact with you guys live.

thundergod

Posted: 04 Apr 19, 01:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would answer any question you have Dustin!

Dustin Zimmerman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 281 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 19, 01:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice!! I'll be there!

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 484 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 19, 01:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Black Queen's Kid, I'm kind of a throw back I guess. I prefer email, but still write notes or very short letters by hand. I'm also a card sender and usually include notes in the cards. As a former teacher who taught cursive, I do have nice handwriting when I need to, but I tend to use a mix of print and cursive in my casual writing.

Thor, the cost of a ticket for WWRY is absurd. It prices so many people out of the experience. I can't even imagine any of the new, younger fans would be able to even consider the show. It will be interesting to see if they are able to sell out the venues.

Lee, the Roof Top Garden party must have been unbelievable. Were you ever at any of the Crazy Hat parties?

Villiers, if I would take the time to figure out Instagram I'd love to listen to your Live with Thor and Lee. Hopefully you'll put it on your YouTube channel quickly. I'm so impressed that your giveaways raise money for charities.

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 942 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 19, 01:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Katie I'm glad you got through your illness and are cancer free.

emdee0809 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 134 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 19, 01:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Asking my 7th and 8th graders to write in cursive is like asking them to cut off their hand. They absolutely hate it and sadly see no use for it. Every once in a while I do require them to attempt to write in cursive. It takes them a lot longer to complete the work and often I get the half and half style of "writing". Ohio's new law will put it back into the curriculum next year, but I will long gone before I see if it really becomes relevant again.
The dinosaur that I am also writes comments on their papers in cursive only to realize that they can't read it either.

Villiers - just joined your Instagram and youtube channel - enjoy both thoroughly - can't wait for Thor and Lee.

The second time I tried to post tonight - if this gets repeated - my apologies.

Villiers2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 19, 01:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I haven't caught up with a few pages of comments, so I missed Katy discussing her illness but I too am glad you got through it, Katy.

The live will be up on YouTube within 24 hours of it happening on Instagram so it can be viewed by everyone without it without social media accounts.

We can leave a few minutes open for live questions, as I'm sure there will be many. It's going to take some planning on my part and some scheduling, but it's going to be a real thrill! I'll be sure to keep everyone updated.

NeverTooLate user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 116 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 19, 01:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I guess I'm old fashioned too. I think it is important to be taught cursive writing. We learned in 3rd grade and it was reinforced thereafter.

Posted: 04 Apr 19, 02:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amen NTL. You are preaching to the choir with me.

Thanks to all for the well wishes. I kind of regretted hanging that out there and it is most definitely in my rear view mirror now.

Posted: 04 Apr 19, 02:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just checked with people still teaching in my district, and yes, they are still teaching cursive. Originally it was taught in third grade, but those teachers had so much pressure with state testing, etc. that it was bumped down to second. The kids loved it, though in truth they found it much harder than they expected and I had to unteach a lot of what their parents had done. Once they knew cursive I wrote all of my comments on their papers in cursive and they were so proud that they could read it. The only problem with teaching it so young is that they don't all have the fine motor skills needed to be successful, but then again, cursive helps develop those skills too. So, I'm on the pro-cursive side of things.

NeverTooLate user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 116 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 19, 02:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Villiers2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 19, 02:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Absolutely! It's @Queen_Memes.KL and our YouTube channel link is available on that front page of our Instagram if you miss any lives. I'll be holding a live in the next few days about Freddie's parents and it'll be uploaded to YouTube soon after.

EmeraldBarSweeper user not visiting Queenzone.com
EmeraldBarSweeper
Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 11 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 19, 02:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katy,

I think Lee mentioned wearing a homemade light-up fruit hat to Freddie’s hat party. Unless I am mistaken.

Lee Kathleen Nolan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 170 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 19, 03:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Emerald B. Does that sound like something I would do?
Hhhmmmm buy the book and see.
Actually our hat party experience with Freddie was in New York.
Hhhmmmm buy the book and see.
I know I’m bad
Bed time here. Off to La La land tomorrow.
A trip that use to take two hours (that’s why the studios let the actors relocate here) now takes 4 more often for me lately. After our famous desert deluge in February, it took me 5 and a half hours. Only one road into our little village wasn’t flooded.
Wish me luck.
Ciao

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Bohemian: 110 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 19, 03:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Speaking of Freddie’s parents, does anybody have any idea how tall was Freddie’s mother, the late Jer Bulsara? Asking for a friend.

I walked the Freedom Trail a couple of years ago in Boston and bought copies of the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution for my nephew. It was fresh off the press from a replica of an old-fashioned printer. It’s what every 13-year-old boy obsessed c “Grand Theft Auto” wants as a souvenir from his aunt, right? It dawned on me later that he may not be able to read the cursive well - if barely @ all. Besides not being able to sign your name in cursive, if you can’t write cursive, can you read cursive proficiently? Would future history and English majors have to take an introductory college course in cursive writing? Would some of American and British history be lost when cursive is lost, if people can't read archived documents and personal correspondence from the historical past?

Lee (Kathleen), would YOU be interested in carpool karaoke when you and Thor get together in PS? Thor doesn’t appear to be interested, but he can be the silent driver and pay attention to the road. I’d rather hear YOUR voice anyway from the safety of a belted passenger seat. Weren’t you a former singing waiter?

thundergod

Posted: 04 Apr 19, 03:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great teaser Lee...hahaha...but just WAIT until you all see Kathleen in all of her GLORY!. That alone is worth buying the book. Oh, and Freddie dresses up too but as I've said time and time again, Freddie just LOVES to give his fans wardrobe!...LOL

thundergod

Posted: 04 Apr 19, 03:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jo T.
Lee is a singing fool...he would love that idea!

thundergod

Posted: 04 Apr 19, 03:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Silent driver sounds perfect Jo T.