Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1720 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Apr 19, 17:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

NeverTooLate-
Let me refer you to Chapter (Vignette) One of "Freddie Mercury in New York - Don't Stop Us Now!" "A Chance Meeting"...sorry for the tease.

Invisible Woman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Invisible Woman
Bohemian: 577 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 19, 17:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mika251- English is foreign language to me but participating in threads on Queenzone forum is good practice. :)

About Jim, I think he was good person. I think Freddie and Jim really loved each other until the end. Maybe Freddie was afraid that Jim had HIV or AIDS, but I don't think that he was with him because of guilty. In fact, I think he loved him too much. He decided to stop with his medication shortly after learning that Jim was infected. That says a lot. It maybe was some kind of sacrifice for the man he loved.
I remember part of Jim's book when they almost broke up. I think Freddie tried to release Jim, he maybe was think would be better to Jim without him because he knew the disease was progressing more and more. But he couldn't and asked Jim to stay. He could have to stay friend with Mary and Joe because he was not in love with them. But he was in love with Jim. That's different. With Jim he could be only as a partner and lover, with or without sex.

But, it's just my thoughts.

thundergod

Posted: 05 Apr 19, 17:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like your train of thought Invisible Woman and thank you for coming back to visit us here. I saw you rather vocal in that FreddieDearie blog. I was surprised you lasted as long as you did.

mika251 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 175 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 19, 18:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Invisible Woman

yes indeed, it´s a great place to practice :)

I have to say one thing - I may have my doubts about their "true love" status but I can never thank Jim enough for staying until the end. Because he didn´t have to and I believe that his life would be much easier in some ways when he would leave. Thank God he had guts to stay.

Can´t imagine Freddie would be with someone like Bill Raid at this stage of his life.

Villiers2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 19, 18:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, Freddie and Jim did fight and got into it bad enough one time that they didn't talk for a few days. Mary came over and after a conversation with her, someone from Garden Lodge told Jim Freddie wanted him to move out. When Jim went to pack, Freddie showed up and told him not to leave and he wanted him to stay. When asked who gave Freddie the idea to ask him to leave, Freddie asked him to drop the subject. I think it's pretty obvious who made that suggestion. Had Freddie not cared about him, he would have been cut out. Freddie was once close to Barbara and still cut her out at the end. Same with Peter Straker and many others.

Considering Freddie couldn't walk and spent most of his time sleeping at the end of his life, I doubt he had time to write or record anything proving his love for Jim lol. So you sort of have to go by trusted sources. Peter Freestone has been quite possibly the single most trusted source on Freddie since his passing. You can pretty much take his word to the bank. :)

Dustin Zimmerman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 281 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 19, 18:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lol sorry I can't help but laugh..

Someone shows multiple examples of proof that Freddie considered Jim his true love...written letters, recorded audio, first hand sources...

And people are still questioning and doubting how Freddie felt about Jim? How many times did the guy have to say it for people to believe it?

He was dying and would physically hold on to the guy until he got a kiss from him on his deathbed but you're still not sure Freddie truly loved him at the end? Kind of stinks of homophobia I have to admit. Maybe I'm misreading something here..

thundergod

Posted: 05 Apr 19, 18:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Full agreement here, Dustin. Thank you for that!

NeverTooLate user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 116 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 19, 18:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 64 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 19, 18:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Excuse me villers2 I don't know how many letters from Mr.Mercury to Jim were posted here as you say but I know for a fact that Jim had at least 5 of those. Some on cards some on plain paper. All with different wording but saying something similar. 'I love you you make me so happy". The last one being from 1991 on a small sheet of notepad paper. I know because Jim held it up and said it was something he would always keep close to him. When I helped him move he made absolutely sure he knew they were at all times. Mr.Mercury absolutely loved Jim Hutton until the very end. Anyone who thinks differently does not know the truth.

SM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 64 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 19, 18:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Excuse the typo. It should say Jim made absolutely sure he knew where they were at all times during the move.
I still think this website is not on with it's inability to edit a comment

Cheers

Villiers2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 19, 18:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow! So even in his last days he was telling Jim what he meant to him. Thank you Shaun that's incredibly heartwarming. I'm glad he know my hero found true love and had it at the end of his life. Not everyone gets to have that.

Posted: 05 Apr 19, 18:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm terribly sorry if my posts occur to be homophobic. I certainly didn't mean it. I'm apparently not very good in expressing my thoughts in English.

Anyway, I want to apologize if my questions were inappropriate. I really believe that Freddie and Jim loved each other. The only thing I doubted was, how much love was between them in last year or two as there were some hints. That is all.

I rather come to my silent status again. Thank you all for your great responses.

NeverTooLate user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 116 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 19, 18:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1084 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 19, 18:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DUSTIN, Thankyou yes I think he loved him and it was a deep love.He finally settled down I think there is a point in everybodies life this needs to happen.It all goes back to the women thing and he didnt want no woman I'm sorry ladies .I think he was a very nice looking guy but I think that about alot of my gay guy friends but I'm not gonna try and say they arent in love when they are.People are speaking from one experience with one woman sweet Jesus .They are talking out of their ass no sense.Yes I believe they loved eachother.By the way I'm a woman pay no attention to my screen name.

thundergod

Posted: 05 Apr 19, 19:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

NeverTooLate...shhhhh,

Don't remind people. We are hoping that everyone forgets what we have said in the past...LOL and it all becomes NEW again.

Posted: 05 Apr 19, 19:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Villers, That's terrible ma would try and cause that kind of trouble between them. It didnt really work out the way she wanted did it.

thundergod

Posted: 05 Apr 19, 19:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

NO MICA...YOU stay right here.

You never have to apologize for your remarks you've made unless you happen to be a troll! I don't believe you are...
By the way, you don't live under a bridge, right?

thundergod

Posted: 05 Apr 19, 19:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Shaun, I always love it when you visit. YOU were there, you are nice, respectful and believable. We like you a hell of a lot my friend!

Posted: 05 Apr 19, 19:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor..

Thank you I feel really terrible I caused such a mess here. But you all gave me all the answers I needed. I have really no doubts about their love anymore.

Why should I live under the bridge? I don't understand :)

Posted: 05 Apr 19, 19:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mika, It was just a figure of speech your good no worries.