Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

Invisible Woman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Invisible Woman
Bohemian: 538 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Apr 19, 17:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd5 wrote:

Hmmm...……….Invisible, I tried but was unsuccessful. Thanks for trying though. I almost never want to post a picture, but was curious in case I wanted to.

With this code I can put a photo in threads. Maybe link for the photo doesn't right. I don't know.

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 714 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 19, 17:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut, What seriously so she speaks to the dead is that what your saying?

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 19, 18:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

chevyman ...yes it is called The Mercury Man - Freddie Mercury in my life. It's by Mary Hewis (not rose)

Look it up but yes she claims Freddie's spirit talks to her. I am kind of annoyed that Freddie didn't pick me to talk too lol

Posted: 06 Apr 19, 18:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Emdee, A good source to stick with all others were in it for money and would lie especially Leslie Ann Jones that heifer.Her and Barbara should've went on their own comedy show because that's all it was.I cant believe Barbara would tell those tall tales.He was guilty of trusting the wrong people those being Scary Mary,Barbara Valentin ,Peter Straker,Manager Paul Prenter,and I hate to say maybe the ones closest to him buisness wise and yes I'm talking about you Brian May cause I know you been looking at all this social stuff or I shall say others stalk for you .I hope you enjoy this thread we have so much fun hear.

Posted: 06 Apr 19, 18:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut, I'm Indian we dont like those people they freak us out .We are also scared of owls that's bad energy.I know this old Indian chic that could come in and smoke Peter's house to get rid of her negative spirits that's scary stuff.

Posted: 06 Apr 19, 18:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

chevyman tell me more about your indian roots ?

Posted: 06 Apr 19, 19:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut, I live in Oklahoma which is a a primarily Cherokee , Creek, and Seminole territory for Indians.If you are non white your ancestors register on an Indian roll and every Indian family member is on that roll with a number and a degree of Indian blood.My father was nearly full blood Cherokee and my mother was Irish so I'm right under one half Cherokee Indian and half irish.So my hair looks like an Indian texture but alot of red from my mother.And yes I get my temper from the Irish side.

Posted: 06 Apr 19, 19:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The US is so vast and interesting. What is the bible belt as I understand this is the part of the US which did not like the video for IWTBF ...this is not me saying this but what Peter said in his book. I don't want to offend anyone .

Posted: 06 Apr 19, 19:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut, Oklahoma is the bible bell state growing up was so hard for me my grandparents were religious there are churches on every corner I'm what you call well I didnt have a sexual preference at first I thought I liked females then I decided I liked boys and finally ended up I like it all.I dont believe in labeling a person they are who they are meant to be.So I pretty much dated a girl on and off from 14 till 17 I ended up marrying a guy who was our best friend it hurt her very badly.She didnt understand the war I had going on in my head and I couldnt tell anyone they would've locked me up.So yes Oklahoma is a rough place if you are what society considers different.

Villiers2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 138 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 19, 20:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Was this in the past, or current ways in Oklahoma? I went from age 16 to 29 thinking I was bisexual before I realized (or accepted) that I was actually gay. I live in Texas and literally nobody cares lol. Even the churches I've come across out here are pretty tolerant. I hold my partner's hand and show a certain amount of PDA out here and nobody takes a second look. My family had more of a reaction than strangers do.

Posted: 06 Apr 19, 20:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When I went to school in 1992.And through the late 80s.Oklahoma still is set in there ways on alot of things though it's a small state.

Posted: 06 Apr 19, 20:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Villers, My family would have flipped.In my culture it's important for a Indian woman to have a son and vice versa to carry on the family name do you think maybe Freddie felt those pressures as well.

Villiers2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 138 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 19, 20:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ha, can you imagine the pressure

Being a gay male and the end of a family name? I heard he didn't have male cousins on his father's side (no clue if that's true btw) but he dropped the Bulsara name anyway, so I can't picture his parents being thrilled lol. Poor guy

Posted: 06 Apr 19, 20:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Makes me sad

Posted: 06 Apr 19, 20:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ok so the bible belt is made up of lots of deeply religous people. That makes since why the video wouldn't have been well received.
again I have no problem with anyone of deep religous beliefs but for me its a no no

koala user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 64 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 19, 21:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi again everyone. I’d just like to say that despite failing miserably at being an active participant in this thread, I’m still reading it and appreciate all the insights you lovely people provide on a regular basis (though it’s sometimes hard to keep track of all the conversations going on at the same time). I’ve been thinking about something lately, and want to share before I (probably) return to my lurking ways.

I remember being about 11 and obsessing over not only Queen’s music, but Freddie in particular. I don’t know what drew me to him on such a personal level, but I was completely in awe. I read everything about him I could find and watched every interview I could get my hands on (I don’t even know where I got them, since youtube didn’t exist yet) - in fact, watching his interviews played a big part in helping me learn English. That, and chatting to people on Queenzone. I’d also watch the Live at Wembley vhs tape every morning before school (I got the tape from a man in his 60s whom I met online and then met up with in an alley for the exchange. Nothing bad happened, but boy does it give me the creeps now). But most of all I remember feeling an intense sense of loss and the many nights I spent crying over Freddie’s passing, which at the time seemed like a lifetime ago. I’ve never mourned for someone so hard before or after, including the relatives that have passed since then. I don’t quite know how to feel about this, but it is the truth. Time went by and I eventually moved on, only to find my fascination and affection for him return in full swing a few years ago. It seems that he has left a permanent mark on me despite dying the same year I was born.

It’s amazing that all these years later people of all generations and from all over the world, each with their own unique personal story and connection to Freddie, have crossed paths on this forum and are able to share their experiences thanks to this particular moment in history that we live in. Not only fans, but people who knew Freddie personally, are communicating on an equal footing, brought together by the great man 27 years after his death. This would absolutely blow my 11-year-old mind and it’s blowing my mind now.

It’s difficult for me to put what I’m feeling into words as eloquently as I would like to, and I must admit it sounds quite banal now that I’ve written it down. Still, I hope I’ve been making at least some sense, and that it will help remind us to appreciate how special what we have here really is.

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Bohemian: 210 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 19, 21:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brava....Koala!!
Very well put!!!!!! I could add so much to what you wrote......about how Freddie has been with me since I first heard him in early 70's!!!!! I will post more later....but I'm nursing my two sick grandbabies at the moment and they want ALL of my attention!! But I feel your post so deeply......and soo similarly!!!
Keep posting Koala!!

Posted: 06 Apr 19, 21:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut, now do you understand why things were so hard for me I just felt comfortable enough to share that with you and I usually dont.So I know what Freddie might have felt .

emdee0809 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 117 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 19, 21:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The most enjoyable part of this forum is hearing everyone ‘s stories. They are all so unique. It really is incredible how one person can connect so many different people from all walks of life.
Well said koala!

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 447 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 19, 21:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

koala...beautifully put. Thanks for so eloquently describing how many on this site feel.