Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Apr 19, 21:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bloody autotext

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 716 posts

Posted: 07 Apr 19, 21:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Koala,maybe I should've put it in a different manner such as as unhealthy attachment or unhealthy relationship that sounds better.Glad to have you back.

Posted: 07 Apr 19, 21:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katy, Its good to stand by what you believe good for you.Because I dont back down easy it's a part of my nature.I didnt know your ex husband had those thoughts towards you very sorry about that but this is a place of discussion and you have to be ready to for debate in these kind of forums not arguements that's not my intention.No hard feelings.

Posted: 07 Apr 19, 21:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katy, Its good to stand by what you believe good for you.Because I dont back down easy it's a part of my nature.I didnt know your ex husband had those thoughts towards you very sorry about that but this is a place of discussion and you have to be ready to for debate in these kind of forums not arguements that's not my intention.No hard feelings.

Posted: 07 Apr 19, 21:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dustin, Didnt Jacky like Jim at one time I have seen a pic of her hugging him.She dont want to mess with villers she is kinda like me outspoken.

Dustin Zimmerman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 281 posts

Posted: 07 Apr 19, 21:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh and Jacky still talks very positively about Jim. Never lets anyone knock him but she lost her head a little bit there passing judgment on Jim's drinking while ignoring her own lol.

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1690 posts

Posted: 07 Apr 19, 22:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I see a fast moving, lively discussion here which is very good. Mostly everyone has kept the discussion in civil terms. Just a little advice. Firstly, this advice is definitely for ME, myself and I too. Let's try to keep moving forward as a group. By this, I don't mean everyone has to agree with each other but if we are careful enough regarding each other's feelings and maintain our common respect for one another, this thread will remain the outstanding forum it is.
If ANY of us have rather personal disagreements with each other, why don't we use the very available Private Message option to express our opinions. No one likes to be pulled out into the public forum with bitter criticism. I don't and . perhaps you don't either.
My respect to you all,
Thor

NeverTooLate user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 116 posts

Posted: 07 Apr 19, 22:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For anyone interested in seeing a quick screen shot of JimH's book reissued and mentioned on Brian's website, here it is:

Posted: 07 Apr 19, 22:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sm, yes It doesnt make me very popular but that relationship to me is unnatural I dated a girl all through school ended our relationship married someone else because I was going to have a child and we remained friends like sisters but she moved on .Mary's relations to Freddie didnt and it affected her relations with Jim and he was such a sweet heart.And the Brian issue well most think I'm An asswhole for saying what I did but I believe from observation that this film has been so damaging to Freddie's character he wasnt weak he was strong in the end he had true friends and I dont need to mention names you know who you are.And by the way these friends arent writing a book for money they are educated professional men they dont need money it's not about money Its about what's right.

Charlies boy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Charlies boy
Champion: 51 posts

Posted: 07 Apr 19, 22:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lmao yes because the screen shot with the arrow and circled links were needed. How immature lol.

Radioblabla user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 14 posts

Posted: 07 Apr 19, 22:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking on this forum since a few months now, particularly on this thread. Queen Music has been part of my life since almost forever and Freddie has always been my hero. But I admit I didn't know anything about the man himself (except his music and the basics) and I wanted to learn more about him since the movie was released. And that's what I've been doing for the last few months.

Anyway, I really enjoy reading you Thor, Lee and Shaun. I wanted to thank you for sharing all your knowledge with us. This is really appreciated.

St Pepper user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 36 posts

Posted: 07 Apr 19, 22:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Charlie's boy I had to laugh too. This site sure has it's duds. Cringe.

Posted: 07 Apr 19, 22:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Charlies boy wrote:

Lmao yes because the screen shot with the arrow and circled links were needed. How immature lol.

I circled the bits in blue that showed where it was posted within the website and an arrow in blue that showed the date for those who want to go to brianmay.com and find it for themselves on the actual website.

It's a way of helping others visually locate that posting, especially because the screen shot has been reduced in size quite a bit.

Posted: 07 Apr 19, 22:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Charlie boy, I cant see that well what is that article about.

Posted: 07 Apr 19, 22:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't know why the rudeness and rancor has been happening, but IMO it's unnecessary and unprovoked.

I wish you all well.

The Squirrelly One user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts

Posted: 07 Apr 19, 22:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello guys. Let's keep the thread positive shall we? Let me clarify some things if I can. NeverTooLate just a quick heads up all posts from the Queen News tab on Brians site is not from Brian but Hannah. If she still helps run the site, I dont know. She posted for Bri for years.

As someone who knows the good doctor personally I can confirm what others have said here in that Brian has not in fact read Jim's book BUT he did and does like Jim very much. This was confirmed as recent as the last few weeks. I can also assure you that Brian does not and never has supported Lesley Ann Jones. She has met Brian a few times at his book signings and public events but not as a friend or journalist. As a fellow fan. She once told me she interviewed Brian while at a public event in 1998. I was there. I asked Brian and he said he held no interviews and didn't recognize the name. That was one hour after she claimed to have interviewed him. He does not condone any of the lies she put in her book and was not happy when she joined forces with that Channel 5 mess.

Because of this and the movie putting Queen back in the spotlight, Brian is weary of all new books on Freddie. He has notoriously been against books on Freddie's personal life regardless of who they were written by but he does seem to be on extra high alert now with the success of the movie. My hope is that he gives this book a fighting chance before he lumps it in with something like Lelsey Ann Jones.

Posted: 07 Apr 19, 22:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Squirleyone, I hope so too!I see alot of pics and I cant tell you hardly any of those guys are I feel part of his life got cut out and it skipped to the end I think it will get published just like the other books.looking forward to it.

Posted: 07 Apr 19, 22:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Btw I hope everyone is doing well and hello out there to all the new faces! I think it's doing a disservice to Lee and Thor when we let our emotions or pride get the better of us and respond to each other in a negative way. It doesn't reflect well on us or their thread and they deserve better. Just my two cents. Take care everyone!

Posted: 07 Apr 19, 23:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Squirrelly One wrote:

NeverTooLate just a quick heads up all posts from the Queen News tab on Brians site is not from Brian but Hannah. If she still helps run the site, I dont know. She posted for Bri for years.

Good info, thanks!

FYI, people earlier were saying they could not find where on BM's site the press release was, I found it and posted a SS of it. Outside of that I'm not a part of the discussion going on about who read what or didn't read or who is or isn't promoting or endorsing whatever.

Posted: 07 Apr 19, 23:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes I saw that so I wanted to clarify about who made the post if it was found under the Queen News tab ?? Hope all is well!