Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

Dustin Zimmerman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 281 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 02:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeesh, excuse the typos but I was laughing the whole time lol

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 716 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 02:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mary wasnt who she claimed to be she stuck around for the payday .Yes she was his roommate in the beginning but I think he paid her back plenty over the years with a home a job .She stopped school at 15 he really helped her out noone in their right mind would've hired her as a bookkeeper with a 15 year old education.So they were even in my books.She had no right to call his friends what she did.

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Champion: 86 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 02:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd5 wrote:

Lsgp, I did listen to your link. I actually have that one in my files and consider it a gem. Even though it is only audio I can totally picture what was going on, and Freddie is having so much fun that it is infectious. Brian has often said it is hard to quote Freddie without the F bomb, and this audio supports that.

Thanks also for explaining your first post about Mexico. Now I understand what you were saying. When it first appeared it was like, "What???????????". I hoped you'd come back and tell us where you were going with it.

Hi Katydyd5!! I've been away for a little bit. Someone waaaay back in a previous thread was someone stated we were idolizing Freddie too much because he wasn't perfect. The person complained that Freddie would yell disrespecting comments to the audience like "F-Off" so forth and so on.

I wrote him back but because I was a lurker and had never posted, when I finally did, instead of it responding to the actual post, somewhere on page 45 of this thread or prior thread, somehow it ended up on page 154 or something like instead of I think page 45.......again not sure because it been 2 or 3 weeks.

I corrected the person by explaining that Freddie, which you've seen photos of him and Roger in Mexican sombreros. Well, that was in Puebla, Mexico. During that concert I believe in 1981, the audience was insulted by the sombrero, whereas Freddie was only trying to connect with them. As we all know he does that in every city and country.

They threw BOLTS on stage, 6 inch bolts, they threw bottles and shoes at them! One bottle hit John Deacon in the head, so that's when you see John Deacon wearing a Dallas Cowboys helmet on stage, its because of that concert. Apparently, a cowboys fan gave it to him before they went to Mexico. They continued on with the show of course being that Queen are very professional.

But at the end, he told the audience in English, "thank you for all the shoes, adios you Mother-f'ers you bunch of Tacos"

I mean, they vowed never to return to Mexico and never have. Also, they were served KFC there at the concert but noticed it didn't look like chicken bones....they took the bones with them to Los Angeles to be examined at a lab and found they were tiny rat and kitten bones. So......that is what I tried to explain to the person criticizing Freddie.

Hope this helps - Lillie

Lsgp03

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 02:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Katydyd5!! I've been away for a little bit. Someone waaaay back in a previous thread was someone stated we were idolizing Freddie too much because he wasn't perfect. The person complained that Freddie would yell disrespecting comments to the audience like "F-Off" so forth and so on.

I wrote him back but because I was a lurker and had never posted, when I finally did, instead of it responding to the actual post, somewhere on page 45 of this thread or prior thread, somehow it ended up on page 154 or something like instead of I think page 45.......again not sure because it been 2 or 3 weeks.

I corrected the person by explaining that Freddie, which you've seen photos of him and Roger in Mexican sombreros. Well, that was in Puebla, Mexico. During that concert I believe in 1981, the audience was insulted by the sombrero, whereas Freddie was only trying to connect with them. As we all know he does that in every city and country.

They threw BOLTS on stage, 6 inch bolts, they threw bottles and shoes at them! One bottle hit John Deacon in the head, so that's when you see John Deacon wearing a Dallas Cowboys helmet on stage, its because of that concert. Apparently, a cowboys fan gave it to him before they went to Mexico. They continued on with the show of course being that Queen are very professional.

But at the end, he told the audience in English, "thank you for all the shoes, adios you Mother-f'ers you bunch of Tacos"

I mean, they vowed never to return to Mexico and never have. Also, they were served KFC there at the concert but noticed it didn't look like chicken bones....they took the bones with them to Los Angeles to be examined at a lab and found they were tiny rat and kitten bones. So......that is what I tried to explain to the person criticizing Freddie.

Hope this helps - Lillie

Villiers2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 138 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 02:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Dustin! The parents live is being edited right now so I can upload it to YouTube. The editing quality of the two up on YT right now is a joke and I was trying to make them look a little better moving forward. And one of my followers recently let me know they had recorded my original Jim Hutton live and the Mary live so if she can figure out how to send me files that large, I'm uplaodin them soon!

Jer said Freddie left St.Peter's with all 0's and an A in art lmao so unless India had a polar opposite educational standard than the rest of the world, he didn't graduate from SP lol. He must've done some classes to get his high school credits in Zanzibar or England. He did get to see his family a few times a year as Kashmira has spoken about his visits back home, but he spent most of his time away from SP at his aunt's in India, it sounded like. Cracks me up that he strolled out of his pricey boarding school with nearly all zeros. Probably smackin on a piece of gum lmao.

Lsgp03

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 03:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Koala, that reference is in Peter Freestones book, Freddie Mercury: An Intimate Memoir by the man who knew him best". The cover has a large 3/4 angle of Freddie's face on the cover with a black background.

Lsgp03

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 03:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Koala, the Freddie holding Jim's hand while sick in bed reference is in Peter Freestones book: Freddie Mercury: An intimate Memoir by the man that knew him best"
If its the same thing we are taking about, he couldnt move at this point, going blind, etc and Jim was walking away when Freddie not being able to speak held Jims hand or arm, but held into wanting a hug from Jim. Very vulnerable at this time. Very sad.
Hope that helps. - Lillie

Lsgp03

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 03:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hope this helps - Lillie

Lsgp03

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 03:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hope this helps - Lillie

Katydyd5 wrote:

Lsgp, I did listen to your link. I actually have that one in my files and consider it a gem. Even though it is only audio I can totally picture what was going on, and Freddie is having so much fun that it is infectious. Brian has often said it is hard to quote Freddie without the F bomb, and this audio supports that.

Thanks also for explaining your first post about Mexico. Now I understand what you were saying. When it first appeared it was like, "What???????????". I hoped you'd come back and tell us where you were going with it.

Lsgp03

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 03:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OMG, can someone please tell me how to reply to someones post? I keep trying to reply to someone on 155 but always end up somewhere on 185 with the reply. Frustrating!

Villiers2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 138 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 03:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would suggest just copying their question and pasting it into your comment. Also try not to hit "post message" more than once. It takes a minute, and seems like it isn't doing anything but it always does go through. Otherwise a whole page gets filled with the same response lol.

Lsgp03

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 03:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Peter "Ratty" Hinces book was funny!!!!

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1690 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 03:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow, don't you hate it when you have written something you think is pretty important, but NOBODY seems to have paid attention to it. I am going to post it one more time, If it sucks ignore it again please.

Posted: 07 Apr 19, 22:06

I see a fast moving, lively discussion here which is very good. Mostly everyone has kept the discussion in civil terms. Just a little advice. Firstly, this advice is definitely for ME, myself and I too. Let's try to keep moving forward as a group. By this, I don't mean everyone has to agree with each other but if we are careful enough regarding each other's feelings and maintain our common respect for one another, this thread will remain the outstanding forum it is.
If ANY of us have rather personal disagreements with each other, why don't we use the very available Private Message option to express our opinions. No one likes to be pulled out into the public forum with bitter criticism. I don't and . perhaps you don't either.
My respect to you all,
Thor

SM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 59 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 04:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Thor I think I may have unintentionally added to the drama as the kids say. I had told myself I was not going to get very heavily involved once my wife showed me this thread and I have already spoken more than I originally planned. There is a great young lady here who I have been talking to for the last few weeks and I will continue to chat with her privately if she has any other questions but I think I may be retiring from the thread for now. Best of luck with the book Mr.Thor and Mr.Lee and a word of advice if I may be so bold... never conform to what 'they' want your book to be. Take it from someone who was told to lie about Mr.Mercury's home...I may not have been close to Mr.Mercury but I was friends with Jim and seeing the effect those lies had on the three good men from the garden lodge...it's a far better road travelled if you tell the truth. I look forward to reading your book.

Cheers

indy19 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 04:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Villiers2 - what is your insta and your YT please? Thanks! - indy

Villiers2 wrote:

I would suggest just copying their question and pasting it into your comment. Also try not to hit "post message" more than once. It takes a minute, and seems like it isn't doing anything but it always does go through. Otherwise a whole page gets filled with the same response lol.

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1690 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 04:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you SM (Shaun) ,
Man, I wish you would not leave. Your comments here have been very revealing, interesting and above all else, SINCERE.. If you have to go, I will try to understand, but I may not succeed. I know you will be sorely missed by me and, I think, many, many others.

SM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 04:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you Mr.Thor. I will be watching your chat with Villiers and I welcome messages from you or Mr.Lee any time. I will try to figure out how to post comments during Villiers chat with you to let you know you've got a friend watching.

Cheers

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 448 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 05:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Villiers2,

Thanks for the info about Freddie's schooling. I can't imagine his parents were too happy about the grades...I'm guessing that was not a fun conversation to have with the folks!

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 448 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 05:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor and Lee,

More questions about the Kensington Roof Gardens party.

I'm trying to imagine what it would have been like to be at this massive rock star party where I didn't really know many people. That would be a bit intimidating for me. Did Freddie introduce you to his friends you hadn't met yet or did you just mingle and make your own introductions? As one of the hosts, Freddie probably had to spread himself around that night. Is there anyone interesting that you met for the first time? Did you get a chance to chat with Brian, Roger, or John?

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 06:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The squirrelly one .... Thank for for confirming that someone runs his page for him. I don't know Brian so I just assumed he had promoted it . However , from a fans point of view this is the impression.

I hadn't even thought about Brian having read the book when I mentioned he had promoted it. Someone asked if Jim and Brian had got a!ong which is
why I made my comments.

I'm sorry it caused so much drama , it wasn't my intention.

Thank you for the screenshot nevertoolate.

Shaun don't go, I understand your comments because they are born out of loyalty to Jim.
You have been insightful and honest and I understand your frustration regarding what happened . If only people knew

Thor great post , I have taken it on board