Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 09:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i have just been contemplating what shaun has kindly shared with us and find it incredibly sad that Peter, Jim and Joe was treated so badly at that time. It is awful that the men that cared and loved Freddie suffered. Peter was such an important and large part of Freddie's life for 12 years and he should have been included in the film so that viewers could see that Freddie has someone with him and he wasn't lonely.

I don't wish to start any negatively and I know the people behind the film have said it is not a documentary but the film has created thousands of new fans who have viewed the film as exact events. Was being gay in 1991 still so difficult that even after Freddie's death the queen people still didn't want to tell the world Freddie's sexuality. I'm trying to understand why those three men was totally disregarded.

Jim did say in his book that he felt Jim Beach did not understand his and Freddie's relationship but he knew he made him happy. I hope that Joe has been able to tell Freddie everything that went on.

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 360 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 11:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lspg, your replies are appearing exactly where they should be. We are up to page 186 now, so that is where you want to be too. Even if you reply to a post from way back, your answer will pop up on the current page. You are doing everything exactly right! QZ loads slowly though, so you only have to hit "reply" once. I watch the tool bar at the top of my screen for the rolling ball to make sure it is loading.

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 716 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 12:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut, Yes you are correct I believe they wanted to keep Freddie's sexuality a secret then but I dont know why it should matter now I dont get it.

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 12:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut, Yes you are correct I believe they wanted to keep Freddie's sexuality a secret then but I dont know why it should matter now I dont get it.

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1690 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 16:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut,
Thank you for letting me know that you read my post...I was getting a little worried that perhaps people thought my post was a bit too lecture-ish. If so, I do apologize for that.

Sweetandtenderhooligan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 323 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 16:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Shaun we've really enjoyed your contributions to this thread- please don't leave!

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 17:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor to me your post was perfect and was needed. Thank you again :)

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 17:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor to me your post was perfect and was needed. Thank you again :)

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 17:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sorry I didn't realize I'd pressed post twice....this is so annoying lol

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 17:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor, I value Your opinion always and I hope my anger didnt offend anyone with my anger but It is a little hard for me to control at times but I work on it everyday.And yes I do understand what mental health problems are including anxiety,Depression,and PTSD thanks for giving me a reality check as I looked back on the forum I needed it.

GwenMezroe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 4 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 17:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Shaun, I hope you decide to stick around. I love gleaning from your firsthand experience and I admire how much you defend and protect Jim, Joe and Peter. I think part of the reason this thread has so much traction is because of the firsthand accounts of people like you, Thor and Lee.

Sometimes the truth is just a hard pill to swallow. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be shared. We are here because we want to learn the truth about some things in Freddie's life. That includes the truth about some of the people that were around him.

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 18:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GwenMenzo I couldn't have said it any better.

PS I have got to tell you guys about a facebook group I have found (i am nosy and often come accross things) . It is called '50 shades of Freddie'
The idea is for people to indulge in role play involving what they would like to do with Freddie! it's pretty steamy ! Thor what do you think Freddie's reaction would be to this? lol

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 18:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut, have you played it sounds exciting but I'm not much for a dark headed man roger would be more my type if I liked that kind of thing.Blondes there is just something about them but Roger is too short I would have to stretch him a little or I could just forget It and find me a really nice looking girly and play the same game because it doesnt matter too much to me on them except I like them to have long hair I dont do short hair.

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 19:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

cheyman no I haven't played....it just feels a bit too weird for me. Whilst I think that Freddie was sexy , something I didn't realize until later in life) I can't do that with people I don't know online. lol

no idea how real this is but I found this on the serious discussion forum on here. It's an alternative script for the film. There are someone called Tony Bastin in it who is catching Freddie's eye. Thats where I am up too.

http://scriptslug.com/assets/uploads/scripts/bohemian-rhapsody-2018.pdf

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 20:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut,I'm not too much into fantasy stuff I kinda like the real deal.But if people can get together and have a good time I dont see it's doing any harm at least their having fun enjoying life isn't that what it's all about.I think they said Freddie was the scrabble king.

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 373 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 22:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi folks

I do hope that Shaun doesn't stay permanently away from posting on the thread. Loved his contribution.

His insights were invaluable, as are Thor's and Lee's, and he always showed such respect for Freddie and his "family" genetic and otherwise.

My Wembley '86 Funko Freddie FINALLY arrived yesterday ! I ordered him in ? November! He's smaller than I thought (4"high) but I love him.

Order a 5D painting of Freddie in the "classic" fist raised to the sky pose! Hope I don't news him up! He could end up looking more like Freddie Krueger !

Am I Freddie obsessed?! Hmm. Maybe a smidgen!

Question. There are often reportaps that Freddie was phobic about flying, which I find hard to believe given that he flew all around the world, touring. Did youTjir or you, Lee ever see signs if nervousness when he flew with you?

BTW I just ordered 4 Indian Red Leg Stick Insects. Gonna call them Freddie, John, Brian and Roger! :-)

Have a good week folks!

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 373 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 22:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Google news alerted me to this article.

I'd love to see this image of Freddie. Love how Kash remembers her brother so fondly.

Here's the link....

https://metalheadzone.com/queen-star-freddie-mercurys-sister-reveals-an-unknown-family-secret/

emdee0809 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 117 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 23:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SM - I hope you reconsider. I do not think anyone on here wants you to leave the forum. Your comments do not create drama. Your comments speak the truth. If any drama occurs, it should be of no concern to you. You are graciously stating what you know. There are few people who know the facts. I am thankful that you took the time to clarify events that took place on those final days.

This may sound a bit childish but please, please, please don't go.:)

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 23:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Emdee, It doesnt sound childish You have a Very good point he was there .

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Bohemian: 210 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 19, 00:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SM....not only do I second the 'please don't go' sentiment expressed by so many......i hope you do a lives with Villiers!!! I think I heard her say that you may consider..... .Please... Do! Do! Do!!!!!! Her lives are Ammmazing!