Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 718 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Apr 19, 00:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SM, please dont leave We all would love you to stay.I love how you talk about Jim I have a soft spot for him .He is everybody's sweetheart.

The Black Queen's Kid user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Black Queen's Kid
Champion: 74 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 19, 01:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That makes me so sad that his cremains would have not been immediately picked up and treated with respect. My goodness, the cremains of my beloved dogs were never left for any length of time. Did this beautiful man have his ashes just sitting there waiting to be claimed? That hurts my heart.

Galileo1564 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 170 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 19, 01:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreddieDarling—

The source article for the interview with cash is here: http://www.queenzone.com/forums/1545857/kash-sells-up.aspx

Posted: 09 Apr 19, 01:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That makes me so sad Kash is separated she lost both her parents ,brother, now her husband I'm so sorry she is going though this.

indy19 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 59 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 19, 01:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That IS very sad! I picked up my brother's remains (he was cremated as we are Hindu) the very day they called me.

Why would she leave it there? Was it secure? And why would she even admit that? I find some of her admissions a bit strange, especially the part about not falling for Freddie until three years AFTER they got together? I mean, they were living together and she means to tell us that she did not fall in love with him until three years AFTER?!

Posted: 09 Apr 19, 01:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Indy, yep kinda strange I wont open up any new worms but yes that is strange.

Posted: 09 Apr 19, 01:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Indy, I just hope she blew off the dust before she took them home.

Dougie 4 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 148 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 19, 05:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To answer an earlier post, Freddie was not afraid of flying, we have photos of him joking around and kicking his legs in helicopters, and photos of him in flights always show him appearing calm and collected.

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Champion: 90 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 19, 05:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Villiers2 wrote:

Hey Dustin! The parents live is being edited right now so I can upload it to YouTube. The editing quality of the two up on YT right now is a joke and I was trying to make them look a little better moving forward. And one of my followers recently let me know they had recorded my original Jim Hutton live and the Mary live so if she can figure out how to send me files that large, I'm uplaodin them soon!

Jer said Freddie left St.Peter's with all 0's and an A in art lmao so unless India had a polar opposite educational standard than the rest of the world, he didn't graduate from SP lol. He must've done some classes to get his high school credits in Zanzibar or England. He did get to see his family a few times a year as Kashmira has spoken about his visits back home, but he spent most of his time away from SP at his aunt's in India, it sounded like. Cracks me up that he strolled out of his pricey boarding school with nearly all zeros. Probably smackin on a piece of gum lmao.

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Champion: 90 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 19, 05:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Damn it! Sorry, QZ devoured my original message and I hadn't meant to include all of Villier's original post. That's annoying.

Villiers, all due respect, I don't believe "O" means zero. I believe "O" means "O Level" or Ordinary Level vs. A Level or Advanced Level. I believe an "O Level" means minimal competence or passing a subject examination at an Ordinary Level. Freddie had mostly O Levels and an A Level - as to be expected - in art. I don't understand the UK grading system. I'm not a product of UK schools, but I had a good friend who attended boarding school in high school in England and once tried to explain the level system to me. I welcome anybody to correct me or to explain the UK grading system accurately.

It would be hard for me to believe the same person who composed the lyrics to "Bohemian Rhapsody" failed most of his classes and earned zeros, except in art. Freddie always appeared relatively well-educated to me in interviews, unless I'm fooled by his British accent! LOL

Dustin Zimmerman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 281 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 19, 07:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jer: "He left Saint Peter's with zeros for all his grades except maybe art. I believe he got an A in that."

Lol zero means zero anywhere am I right? A,B,C,D and F are grade levels. "O" as a letter is not a grade level that I've ever heard of. 0 as in the number zero means failing in America and I assume everywhere else. A man with an artistic mind not wanting to do work for math class is nothing new by a long shot. Him getting zeros is far from him being dumb. If you ask me it's him being a typical musician in grade school. He just had no interest in it imo.

Dustin Zimmerman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 281 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 19, 07:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Also with Freddie being schooled in India does that mean it went by a British educational system? Villiers might know but "zero" and "O" can't mean the same thing. I can't imagine zero not meaning failing lol.

Villiers2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 138 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 19, 07:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Villiers does NOT know lmao. Thanks for the heads up on insta for this, Dust and the info Joe T but no it's not something I've looked into. Being from the Ameircan school system myself, I just assumed 0 level meant the same thing there as it does here. I've already finished editing my Freddie's parents live so I hope my "unless their educational system is different than ours" speech is enough to let people know I don't have the lowdown on India's educational credits during the 1950's lmao. Wish I did tho! Tech check later today with Lee though, guys. Let's all pray the Instagram gods smile upon us and give us solid audio quality and and clear connection.

Let us pray.
Lmao

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 373 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 19, 07:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi

I was schooled in the UK, and yes what Jer would seem to be suggesting is that Freddie attained his "O" (Ordinary) Level examination passes (These ranged from A to E. an E is actually a fail, you can if you really don't try also get "U" which stands for Unclassified, sometimes called F for fail.

I know Freddie left St. Peter's without sitting his O Levels, but perhaps he studied and sat for them at the school he attended when he returned to Zanzibar ? The one he attended with Bonzo Fernandez.

I think it was the 1970's when Britain introduced C.S.E.'s (Certificate of Secondary Education) which was a slightly lower grade examination for students struggling with .O'Levels. The grading for these was numerical 1, 2, 3, 4 I think. A grade 1 pass at C.S.E. was equivalent to a Grade C O'Level pass, so then could be classed as an O'Level.

To complicate things further, the education system in the late 1980's introduced G.C.S.E.'s (General Certificate of Secondary Education) instead of the 2 tier O Level/C.S.E. system. and are still using this system now. They include the more distinguished A* pass.

A' (Advanced) Levels are still A Levels.

Is that clear for everyone. :-)

BTW there is no such thing as a "British Accent" ! The accent people are referring to when they say British Accent is actually English R.P.... Received Pronunciation (i.e. the Queen's English. Though actually the Queen speaks U.R.P. Upperclass Received Pronunciation.

I'm sure that Scottish, and Welsh people would wince at "British accent" as much as we English do. :-)

Sorry, hope that wasn't an Anglo-rant. :-)

Have a great Tuesday, folks.

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 373 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 19, 07:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

P.S Yes, St. Peter's did follow the British Examination system.

Posted: 09 Apr 19, 07:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"I know Freddie left St. Peter's without sitting his O Levels, but perhaps he studied and sat for them at the school he attended when he returned to Zanzibar ?"

That's my best guess too, thanks for the extra info!

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 19, 08:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lol at the British accent comment Freddie. Just like the US we have so many different accents according to where in the UK people live. I am in Essex so sadly I have an essex accent.

Freddie my daughter is just through her GCSE's now and they are very very hard. arrrrrrr lol

Villiers will you uploading your Jim live soon ?

Posted: 09 Apr 19, 08:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Shaun are you feeling the love from us.....if you are reading our posts please say hi.

please please please please come back

I have a soft spot for Jim too and Joe xxxxxx

Posted: 09 Apr 19, 08:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi! The Jim live is up on YouTube and the live about his parents should be up by tomorrow :)

Posted: 09 Apr 19, 08:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

villers yay I'm going to watch it now.
Have a good day or night (not sure on the timezone ) its 9.30 in the morning here .