Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 373 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Apr 19, 13:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Katydyd5.
No I haven't used Etsy to buy from yet, though I have browsed and I think one of my sister's has used it.

Do they use PayPal?

Had my Freddie "Schroeder" Peanuts T Shirt arrive today! It's lovely!

And my stick insects have been sent out! I love stickies!

Freddienotfreddy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 84 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 19, 14:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

doughnut,

There are 2 books on Amazon called The Virtuoso in the Closet, part 1 & 2 that are fiction stories based on Freddie's life, the early days of forming Queen. Villers2 recommend it and I really enjoyed them both. Even though it is fiction and the names are different, you can tell the author did her research and incooperates a lot of things we know from Freddie's story. They are very cheap on Kindle and are enjoyable, quick reads.

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 360 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 19, 14:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreddieDarling, not sure if Etsy uses PayPal. I think I got a keyring from there once, but I would have used a credit card.

NotQuiteAShilling user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 118 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 19, 14:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you Katydyd5! Your posts are always some of my faves! FreddieDarling - add me to the peeps who enjoy your humor. LOVE the shirtless Freddie Funko!! I also LOVE the Bowl concert and I listen to it at work pretty much daily - WOW what a truly amazing performance!!! That would be my time-machine destination I think. I have also been obsessing lately with the 1974 Live at the Rainbow concert - especially Liar and Father to Son. Just sooooo good

I really enjoyed the Virtuoso in the Closet books, especially the first one. They were a guilty pleasure, but the author had obviously done her research and I couldn't put the first one down! Fan fiction can be cool - but the 50 Shades site was too much for me. Hey to each their own. Star Trek had some weird fan fiction lol with Kirk and Spock together LOL. Cool fact: Freddie's godchild, Mack's son Freddie Mack said that Queen fans are the Star Trek fans of the rock world. He said it in a complementary way and he meant that they do all their research and know every detail. I thought that was awesome!!

White shorts Freddie is heaven. I also love the "foliage" - up between shoulders, small of his back, and that mass down his chest/stomach with the line down the middle. Ahhhhhh.....sublime. (uh oh I'm getting all 50 shades of Freddie here - sorry!)

My friends from Boston called soda "tonic". I had no clue what they were talking about and couldn't figure out why they kept offering me a tonic (which I would politely decline) then they were all drinking Cokes! LOL

They guy who played Jim was really the only part of Bo Rap that I enjoyed (and the music of course) I thought he did an AMAZING job and wish he had been a much bigger part of the movie

I finally got Phoebe's first book via ebay. Man that took MONTHS! Is ebay always that slow?? Imagine my pleasant surprise to open to the photos in the middle and find it FULL of photos or THOR and LEE!!!!! I had no idea you guys were such a big part of Phoebe's first book! (You are both SMOKING HOT I must say!) Can't wait to read it!

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 19, 15:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lee and Thor I am so sorry for starting this loooolll BUT I AGFREE. I feel I have brought 50 shades here lol

White shorts Freddie is heaven as is Freddie in Rock in Rio and Live at the Bowl and pretty much any tour lol. I also love the "foliage" - up between shoulders, small of his back, and that mass down his chest/stomach with the line down the middle. I even love his arm pit hair so when I saw someone once ask why Freddie didn't shave I was aghast

Freddie will be laughing to himself now that he has become such a sex symbol.along with his amazing musical talent and song writing skills and producing. Not sure if I have missed anything to counter balance us fawning over him .

Katy are you in the US as I was searching e bay earlier and the hot space Freddie is available for $16...very cheap you lucky lady. I was going to order until I saw the shipping cost , $30.

I will have a look on Etsy, thank you.

Yes I agree that Joe appeared to be an amazing chef. Freddie was very lucky to have Joe and Petter. I hope Joe, Freddie, Jim and the other new york daughters that have left this earth are having a party as we speak. Off course there will be many others at the party too.

I get confused with american terms...I think you call Fries 'chips' and trousers 'pants' and that bag you put around your waist a 'fanny pack' (written whilst giggling to myself ) . I am sure you know what a fanny is in the UK LOL

I blame Freddie Dearie for this, I have let my crazy humour start to come out .

Posted: 10 Apr 19, 15:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Personally I wouldn't have a problem in seeing Freddie's "male anatomy" ! And apparently there was QUITE a bit to see! ;-)

No that is obvious and I have to confess I wouldn't have a problem either.

sorry again Thor and Lee , I just had to get this off of my chest. I been wanting to mention it for ages but last time you got cross. But seeing as it is obvious I hope you will laugh

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 718 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 19, 16:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well we all got that off our chest I never really noticed because I'm so modest U know but I'm glad I got it off my mind

Posted: 10 Apr 19, 17:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello is there anybody out there?

Posted: 10 Apr 19, 18:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm here.
I have been having an issue with a mad woman on a fb page who took offence to me saying I wish the film was factual. She felt I had insulted Brian and Roger. Bloody nutcase !!!

Posted: 10 Apr 19, 18:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PS The lady said I was acting Republic...........what the ......

Posted: 10 Apr 19, 18:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Seriously on fb block her.I stay off there If I feel I dont mesh with someone I keep my distance.What happened.

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 373 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 19, 18:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

NotQuiteAShilling, can you PM me a link for the 50 shades site please? I'm curious! Cheers! :-)

Posted: 10 Apr 19, 19:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'll pm you the link Freddie as I'm still in the group lol

Posted: 10 Apr 19, 19:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreddieDarling try this

https://www.facebook.com/groups/50ShadesOfFreddieMercury/?epa=SEARCH_BOX

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1690 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 19, 19:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello my friends,
I leave Lee's house and go back home this afternoon. You guys know that I really like to answer any question that comes up. I would certainly like to continue but there have just been too many new pages to keep up with.
If I could ask a favor please...Would it be possible to re-ask any questions that were meant for me and/or Lee AND me over the last week. Hunting them down would take a little too long. Thanks so much. I will start to answer them tomorrow, back at my desk in San Diego. See you then..

SM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 59 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 19, 20:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Thor and Mr.Lee I saw you both on Villiers live today. I saw her go on live and I thought perhaps she was doing another informational report but I was pleased to see her talking with the two of you. You both look great. She said it was the wi fi connect that stopped it from working before? I heard one of you say you are borrowing wi fi from your neighbor and if I can make a suggestion for a better connection turn off all other devices in your home while doing it and place yourselves as close to that neighbor's home as possible. Sit next to the wall you share with that neighbor and you should have an even better connection. I could hear and see you but there was a few times when the audio broke just a bit. Could you please post here when the Q&A with you two will be done? I do not want to miss it.

Posted: 10 Apr 19, 20:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How do you get access to watch that live interview.

Posted: 10 Apr 19, 20:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Shaun good to see you on here. I too saw Lee and Thor on Villers live.

Cheyman do you have instagram ?

Thor I would like to know what Joe was like if possible. He seemed like such a good , loyal person in Freddies life and we know so little about him. Did he have a good sense of humour etc

Posted: 10 Apr 19, 21:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut, I have insta

Villiers2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 138 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 19, 21:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey yall, someone messaged and asked what my Instagram and YouTube links are and I can't seem to get messages here to send, so my Instagram name is @Queen_Memes.KL and the YouTube channel is in our Instagram page bio. If you want to attend the Q&A with Thor and Lee live as it's happening, you would need to join in on Instagram by clicking the "live" icon at the top left of our page. We still have not picked a date and time for it yet, so you haven't missed anything but the tech check for audio so far. If there are any questions you want them to consider for it, and you don't have an Instagram account and plan to watch through YouTube, you can email them to me at queenmemes.kl@gmail.com

For everyone who does have an Instagram page and has something they'd like the boys the answer, keep your eyes peeled in the next few days and be sure to check our story daily. I will be opening questions for everyone to send in for them. I'll let the boys look them over and pick what theyd like to cover and we'll work from that.

It was a pleasure seeing yall today. Both with genuine smiles from ear to ear. No wonder Freddie made you family. Talk to you soon!