Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

Lee Kathleen Nolan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 95 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 17:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Matt Z
When Freddie mentioned art school it was in passing, as I reccall. As far as his work, we were never shown any. MAYBE Mary might have something, but maybe not. Perhaps she might have done kind of art show of the work Freddie purchased when before he died. When we were there in June of 91 a LARGE amount of items arrived, and were strewn around the large lounge. Freddie said it was worth 3 million pounds. Maybe he thought his own work should be kept private with all the items he was purchasing. So many questions that only Mary could answer. Too bad she has never written anything, has she? I did read one interview about here. Has anyone here ever met her?

noorie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 693 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 17:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lee, a lot of Freddie's original art was displayed at the Stormtroopers in Stilettos Exhibition held in 2011. Here is a link to the article and some of the pictures: https://queenvinyls.com/pictures/stormtroopers-in-stilettos-the-london-exhibition/

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 940 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 18:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OMG noorie,
That is a wonderful site. I really didn't know that Freddie was so talented in art as well as music. Thanks

captainjory user not visiting Queenzone.com
captainjory
Bohemian: 161 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 18:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Some of his drawings are in the Great Pretender picture book I think, in the covers, signed 'Fred Bulsara'. I could double check but can't be bothered to get the book which is just 3 feet away from me. I am too lazy. I think Freddie's mum was the owner of his college work - and now it must have been passed to his sister. They presented some on The One Show a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nC07IWZEGw

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 18:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Dustin,
I think when Lee said Jim may have taken the picture, he meant Jim may have "snapped" the picture on Lee's camera,
not his own.

captainjory

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 18:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lee Kathleen Nolan wrote:

So many questions that only Mary could answer. Too bad she has never written anything, has she? I did read one interview about here. Has anyone here ever met her?

The only thing Mary's done are interviews for The Daily Mail, OK Magazine, The Untold Story and The Mysterious Mr Mercury (radio). There are also snippets from David Wigg interviews in various biographies but unsourced.

ALSO: I've seen her walking about, but not met her. That probably doesn't count though does it!

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 18:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey captainjory,
I read your comments about everyone going for refreshments during the guitar solo and had to laugh. Poor Brian.

captainjory

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 18:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's as if as soon as people realised what was happening they were like 'time for a piss and some popcorn!'

He was up on a platform for it so maybe he didn't see! Haha

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Champion: 62 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 18:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

HEY Noorie....ck ur pm....ty

Blenkolove

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 18:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Re: Brian
I saw something on YouTube where his wife Anita says (I'm paraphrasing) when Brian is getting down w/his guitar....he's in Another World!" So Brian probably doesn't even notice (or care?)Lol

noorie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 693 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 18:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Check yours Blenkolove! :)

Blenkolove

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 18:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And Ditto on Noorie's book idea!! That's Exactly what I was picturing in my mind as well!!!
I LOVE JUST LOOKING AT PICTURES OF FREDDIE!!!!
I STUDY THEM, LOOK AT THEM OVER AND OVER....AND CAN'T EVER SEEM TO GET ENOUGH!!!

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 18:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That good Blenkolove because as I have always thought he was a very talented guitarist (ala Hendricks) and SUCH a nice and genuine person!
I may change my mind if the new movie carpets over Freddie's true nature during 1976 until 1991. Brian and Roger are the final say about how
the movie portrays Freddie.

Blenkolove

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 18:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Plus 'the daughter's' perspective is so fresh and AUTHENTIC!! The world Needs to know!!!

I was hoping Mary would write a book......however i think much Less about her now that I know she never talked to Jer...or invited her to Freddie's house after Freddie's death!!!! That ALONE SPEAKS VOLUMES!!!

Plus.....a book by DAVID WIGG would be AMAZING!!

captainjory

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 18:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thundergod wrote:

That good Blenkolove because as I have always thought he was a very talented guitarist (ala Hendricks) and SUCH a nice and genuine person!
I may change my mind if the new movie carpets over Freddie's true nature during 1976 until 1991. Brian and Roger are the final say about how
the movie portrays Freddie.

I am worried about that too. It's definitely going to be a saint Mary film though, judging by things Brian said. Ah well, as long as it doesn't go down the route of the freaky docu-drama on Ch5 with Munich female threesomes, it's all good.

I think a sanitized film might be boring. He sounded a lot of fun.

captainjory

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 19:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Blenkolove wrote:

Plus 'the daughter's' perspective is so fresh and AUTHENTIC!! The world Needs to know!!!

I was hoping Mary would write a book......however i think much Less about her now that I know she never talked to Jer...or invited her to Freddie's house after Freddie's death!!!! That ALONE SPEAKS VOLUMES!!!

Plus.....a book by DAVID WIGG would be AMAZING!!

True RE Wigg - he is withholding things Freddie said from the public and it would be nice if he released them. He has recordings where Freddie was discussing his sexuality and the nature of his relationships with his female friends. I've HEARD them and yet they have now disappeared from the internet. The "uncut" tapes on YouTube ARE cut.

I know he has them, so it would be interesting.

Lee Kathleen Nolan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 95 posts

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 19:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ray the film........just throwing this out there.

Has a new director been chosen, since Bryan Singer was ousted.......?.......and has the reason surface as to why he was an show?

Something about a personal illness, that his people wouldn't talk bout.

Has there been an update?

Blenkolove

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 19:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OH REALLY????
I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IT ALL...ESPECIALLY NOW!!
Hey....u all heard that the Director of Bo Rhap movie was fired ???? Bryan Singer I think....like 2 wks ago!!!
THAT movie may Never see the light of day!!!

captainjory

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 19:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lee Kathleen Nolan wrote:

Ray the film........just throwing this out there.

Has a new director been chosen, since Bryan Singer was ousted.......?.......and has the reason surface as to why he was an show?

Something about a personal illness, that his people wouldn't talk bout.

Has there been an update?

Apparently it's Dexter Fletcher now...

Since the sacking, news sites were flooded with the allegations levelled at Singer...!! So it makes you wonder if it has something to do with it...

Blenkolove

Posted: 15 Dec 17, 19:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's time 'they' let it All out of the vault!!!!
Freddie's stored music, interviews...ALL OF IT!!!
REMEMBER what Fred himself said......he didn't care...AS LONG AS HE WAS NEVER PORTRAYED AS BORING....AND BOY...THAT'S ONE THING HE'LL NEVER BE! :)