Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 716 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Apr 19, 19:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Emdee, They were back in the sixties so I wasnt real familiar with them at all but the lead singer was terrible no manners and I guess no class.I guess Freddie was gonna teach him how to be classy and cool .But sid ended up and overdosed I believe on heroin .His own mom is the one who gave it to him no wonder the poor guy had problems.

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts

Posted: 11 Apr 19, 19:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

chevyman Sex Pistols formed in 1975, I grew up listening to them as I have an older brother who was into them. They really weren't that bad lol. They were just trying to be different and stand out and did it in a crazy way with new style music. I hated the punk era .
drugs was a big thing in those days, actually it still is now , it never goes away. Personally the thought of sticking a needle in my vein isn't appealing at all.
Loads of them were probably on drugs back then.

I like hump day, I think I will adopt it for myself :)

Freddiedarling I call it 'dinner' lol

Posted: 11 Apr 19, 20:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

https://youtu.be/6tDJXeUT2tg

Listen to this..Freddie only vocals on 'Lovebody to Love' . amazing

Posted: 11 Apr 19, 20:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh I thought it said in sixties maybe they were born in sixties it makes since If they formed in 1975 I hadn't heard of them I was born in 1973.Thank you I just found Sids story kind of sad such a talented young man and his life was cut so short.

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 373 posts

Posted: 11 Apr 19, 21:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut I waver between calling it tea or dinner depending what it is. It was 302 slices of wholemeal toast spread with Clover, so I think "dinner" would be over stating it! LOL

Hump Day!?! :-) I'm all over that! :-D

My Stickies are settling in nicely. Bless their slender hearts!

FreddieDarling

Posted: 11 Apr 19, 21:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We LOL! No I didn't eat 302 slices of toast! Sounds like an eating challenge! It was _2_ slices of toast! :-D

NotQuiteAShilling user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 118 posts

Posted: 11 Apr 19, 21:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We call Wednesday "hump" day because you have gotten over the middle of the week, or the "hump" and only 2 days left for the weekend

Thor and Sweet and Tender that road sounds horrible. Thor I hope you update us on what you got from Goodyear. I am hoping you got 4 new tires

Posted: 11 Apr 19, 21:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

we spell tires ' Tyres' lol

Freddiedarling I did think 'omg you ate that much toast ' lol

Can you show us a photo of your stickies ?

Chevyman I too was born in 1973

Posted: 11 Apr 19, 21:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Tire problems are a drag If tires are new you shouldnt have to deal with those kind of issues.That would upset me too and the fact I would be one of those ladies waiting for a guy to change my tire I dont know how.

Posted: 11 Apr 19, 21:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What month doughnut

The Black Queen's Kid user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Black Queen's Kid
Champion: 74 posts

Posted: 11 Apr 19, 22:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor and Lee, I sent you gentlemen a PM. I hope that's OK.

FreddieDarling

Posted: 11 Apr 19, 22:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut. Well at present my stickies are babies so wouldn't photograph well, but here is a photonic what they'll look like as adults. Like Pickett in Fantastic Beasts! :-)

Attachment: 2019411525190080.gif 90 KB
This has been downloaded 26 time(s).

The Black Queen's Kid user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Black Queen's Kid
Champion: 74 posts

Posted: 11 Apr 19, 22:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I received my copy of Peter Freestone's book from Amazon UK today. It took a few weeks, but the item arrived in good shape (and wasn't a box of cat food or Rice Krispies). For anyone seeking a copy of the book I recommend Amazon UK.

Posted: 11 Apr 19, 22:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That book is awesome you will enjoy the read.

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Bohemian: 210 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 00:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I, too was thinking 302 pieces of toast!!!!!???? Boy! That girl is Really Hungry!!! I wonder how many loaves that would be???.......
Are you sure your not nipping at that whiskey???
Too funny!

emdee0809 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 117 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 01:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Glad everyone is enjoying hump day - it's one day past hump day although the time stamp on these posts says it's Friday - I guess it's Friday somewhere - Happy Friday everyone!!

I was just checking prices on some of the books on Amazon US - paperback prices vary - some are outrageous! I tried to order the Royal Recipes cookbook Katydyd5 recommended from Amazon UK - wouldn't deliver to the US

FreddieDarling - I don't think I've seen "stickies" before - thanks for sharing

doughnut - also thanks for sharing the youtube of Somebody to Love - perfect way to end the evening

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1690 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 01:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You are correct doughnut about Freddie not able to go to the gay clubs in and after 1986...Just too much paparazzi interest in his ever movement. Physically, he could easily have gone out in 1986 to 1989 but apparently the tabloids are even more cruel than their American counterparts. And who could forget the shameless French and English paparazzi surrounding Princess Di.

FreddieDarling

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 04:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL@Blenkolove. Yeah, very hungry! But, like the Very hungry Caterpillar, I'm only eating a hole through the centre of each slice! :-)

Dear, me! You would think that Is been at the whisky, but that was later, honest !!

Black Queen's Kid, you have there, for me, the definitive Go-To book on Freddie's life. For me it has the edge on Jim's as it was written by TWO of Freddie's good friends.

Don't get me wrong, I love Jim's book, but I feel that Tim Wapshott did push him into certain directions which he thought would make the book sell more copies. Details which were private and should have remained between the people (i.e. Jim and Freddie) saying that, the affection from Jim's POV shone through like a beacon.

Thank you for liking my stick insects. They are Indian red legged variety. They don't DO much but they're quite sweet, and I love the way they move.

Have a great Friday my friends. Can you "Smell" the weekend???!!!

FreddieDarling

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 04:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

P.S. Yes, our (Britain's) tabloid hacks are the worst in the world! They are verminous arasites, totally without soul of conscience who don't give a damn about how their words and pictures affect their subject but only care for their cheap page lead.

Truth or lies?! Doesn't matter to them as long as the headline grabs people's attention. I blame the idiots who buy so many copies, too, for encouraging their salacious, thoughtless pursuit of people.

Sickening!

Brian May has said that the tabloid press hounded Freddie toward his death. They gave him no peace. Loathesome. How these people sleep at night beggars belief

I'll step off the soap box now! Anyone else need to hop up on it ?!

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 06:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor, yep as Freddiedarling has said, the press were awful. Princess Di was hounded and we know how that ended up.

Did Freddie get to take you to any of his fav restaurants? actually thinking about it I seem to remember a story where you and Lee had to sneak Freddie out of the house??

Chevyman January

happy friday....it is at least in the uk :)