Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1690 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 20:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dear CHEVYMAN,
Unless you like to not use punctuation, may I just tell you that your messages are often difficult to follow or req(even voice controlled writing allows for punctuation if you say for example "period"

thundergod

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 20:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

scratch that

thundergod

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 20:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dear CHEVYMAN,
Unless you prefer not to use punctuation, let me just tell you that I often have to read your messages two to three times over to understand what you mean.
Even if you must use voice activated typing, if you say "period" after a sentence, a period will follow.
Thanks and I certainly am not scolding you...just making a suggestion. I realize that you may NOT be able to manually type.

koala user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 64 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 20:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor, it's happening to me as well. The full message shows if you zoom out, but then it's a pain trying to read the tiny writing. Thanks for the tip.
The site needs a serious technical overhaul - I remember it being exactly the same 15 years ago, and it shows! On the other hand, at least it's here, so I guess we shouldn't complain too much lol.

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 723 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 20:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor, So nice to hear from you.

thundergod

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 20:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks koala,
Now at least I know it's happening to my favorite (bear) I know, my favorite marsupial, as well.

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 20:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Selkie, a warm welcome from me as well. So nice to see new fans dropping in on a regular basis.

thundergod

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 20:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the "Welcome Back"...if you disagree with my punctuation comment, just tell me...I can handle it.

thundergod

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 20:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank CHEVYMAN, I meant.

thundergod

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 20:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And from me too Selkie...a BIG WELCOME to you!

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 20:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Koala, It's so nice to see you again sweet heart.Im glad you are back.I sure hop these sentences are sort enough ha! Ha!.I'm also glad to hear from handsome and yes Thor I'm talking about you.

thundergod

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 20:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So Chevyman, I think you got my comments wrong. Long sentences were causing words to be hidden on the screen. Your punctuation is a different story. From what we know about you, you may not be able to manually type and maybe are using voice-activation typing. That's absolutely fine, but there ARE ways to punctuate just as if it had been manually entered. That's all I was saying.

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 20:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor,I value your opinion and if I had a problem I'm not very shy I would tell you.I think you and I are alot alike we have no problem expressing how we feel.Do you have a temper?

NotQuiteAShilling user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 118 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 20:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WELCOME Selkie! I am sorry to hear about your sister. I have also had a family member die in a traumatic way at a young age and it is very difficult to get past the "event" itself. I struggle with it too.

You are correct though - we should focus on the brightness of their years here, not on the day they left us...

Thor - this happened once before with the words running off the page. It seems to be an intermittent thing. Nice to hear from you! Where has Lee hidden himself lately??

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 20:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My computer is messed up I'm using my phone we are good.I understood what you meant.

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Champion: 86 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 20:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Welcome Selkie! Very sorry about your loved one, but glad you arrived here. Love the little universe created with this thread. Maybe Asteroid Freddiemercury 17473 will shoot by

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 20:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks chevy, I appreciate the welcome!

Thor, on the subject of koalas...I got the nickname in high school when several people told me that they would choose a koala as my spirit animal. I happily embraced it because I'd always liked koalas. BUT THEN I found out that they are apparently one of the dumbest mammals on Earth (they literally don't recognize eucalyptus leaves unless they're hanging from a branch) and also tend to carry chlamydia. Yikes. So now I'm not entirely sure how to feel about them anymore lol. The nickname has stuck, though, and they ARE adorable, so I've decided to just go with it.

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 20:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Koala, I agree I sure like hearing from you I hope you stay checking in with us doll.I had been reading this thread for a while before joining there are alot of interesting people with different views on topics it's a very interesting place to be.

thundergod

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 20:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't worry about Lee...he is HIDING at work!

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 20:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You've hit the nail on the head, chevy. I've been fascinated with this thread ever since I first stumbled across it. Really nice people here, and also very knowledgeable, It can be difficult to follow all the conversations sometimes, but I'll try not to get too lost this time around.