Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 12:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mika agree. :)

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 716 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 13:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut,Tell your daughter to keep her head up.If I can get through college so can she..I went on a band scholarship not academic.My son was the same way .He is going to college on a wrestling schloarship.Everybody is good at something.He even got to go to Japan and wrestle on a all star team.He is making it I made it and so can she.Thank you for you kind words.

NeverTooLate user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 116 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 13:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Book Club thread has been setup. For those who are reading one or more books about Freddie and want to chat with others about any of the books, come join in!

http://www.queenzone.com/forums/1548397/qz-book-club-books-discussion-about-freddie-queen.aspx?anchor=0

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 448 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 14:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A very belated welcome to Lsqp, Logan Mews, rennsage, ljm, Shananana, GwenMezroe, and Selkie….apologies to anyone I might have missed!

The book discussion group sounds like great fun. For those who are interested in the Evans/Minns book “This Was the Real Life”, you can read several pages of it on Google Books. This might give you an idea if you want it. I thought it looked interesting.

https://books.google.com/books?id=_qa8BwAAQBAJ&printsec=copyright#v=onepage&q&f=false

emdee0809 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 117 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 15:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lots of good reading to catch up on this morning!!

Game of Thrones or royal baby watch- would Freddie have been into the hype of these weekend events??

Also just as exciting- Villiers posted her story about Freddie's parents on her YouTube channel!

Besides tax weekend here- it's also national record store day- going to see if there are any Queen treasures to be found

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 16:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

emedee I hope you find some good treasures :)

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 448 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 16:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I pre-ordered a set of 5 Queen Funko-Pop dolls last November (The 4 Queen members + an extra Freddie). They were very reasonably priced and supposed to be available in January. Unfortunately, I did not do my homework…have since read that the company I ordered from is notorious for delays. At this point, I have NO idea when they will be sent. Some Freddy Mercury/Queen loving scientist in Antarctica will probably get his Funko-Pop doll order through Amazon delivered by snow-mobile before I get mine!

Thor...do you have anything displayed in your home that is a Freddie reminder...a gift from him or some other memento from the Queen tours? I collect thimbles. I have a display case on the wall of over 150 thimbles...mostly from places I have visited over they years. Much to my surprise, I found a Freddie thimble on eBay (Barcelona dark suit picture). It is now proudly displayed with all the others.

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 17:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good morning all you Freddie lovers its saturday.

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 17:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Its 12 noon wher I am what time is it were you guys live.I think we are all are on different times.

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1690 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 17:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Geez guys,

I thought I was very understanding and careful about pointing out to CHEVY the increased ease of reading with punctuation. In NO way did I put CHEVYMAN down.
From what I have learned about her over the last month, I just assumed that she was unable to manually type due to the neurological effects of her bad reactions to a flu shot which she confided in us by telling us about this problem.
Please let's not forget that I was a Physical Rehabilitation RN for thirty-two year. I know quite a bit about physical limitations and adaptive techniques to partially overcome them.

So, if I made CHEVYMAN feel badly about her writing skill limits, it was not intentional. I would NEVER do that. I thought she was using voice-activated typing and I was trying to suggest something that might have helped. I was certainly not mocking her. Can we please stop with this issue now? I completely apologize for any misunderstanding of my true intentions.

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 17:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it is 6.31 pm in the uk

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 17:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor sometimes things don't always come across well in written form. My other half is notorious for this .

Not another word on the matter and I understand you meant no harm.

Hope you are ok

rennsage user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 18 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 17:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor, I'm a newbie here (previously just a lurker :-) but just wanted to chime in to say I understood completely what you were saying in your post to Chevyman and I could see you were just trying to be helpful and weren't trying to put her down.

It's so hard sometimes to get meanings and intentions across clearly in forum posts and people sometimes take things in ways not intended.

It's clear from everything you've written here that you're a kind person and would not intentionally try to belittle someone.

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 360 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 18:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 360 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 18:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Villiers, I just listened to your YouTube piece on Freddie's parents. So enjoyable! You have a real talent for sharing info. Quick Question: When you do your Live with Thor and Lee, will we be able to see them or will it be strictly audio? I ask because I think several people said they were able to see the guys when you did your test with them.

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1690 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 18:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello rennsage,

Thank you so much and a great big WELCOME to you. Hope to see you here, contributing your thoughts, as much as you are able.

Villiers2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 138 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 18:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi! Glad you enjoyed the latest YouTube upload! During their audio check last week, Thor and Lee were both on screen and we were able to hear them so as long as they talk loudly, and both wish to be on camera, they're good.

I opened questions for them yesterday and for 24 hours people get to send in whatever they want to ask. I'm at about 113 questions now lol. I'm going to be cutting that down drastically and sending them a few to look over and pick what they wish to cover and not. All very exciting stuff!

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 19:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Villers,You go girl you do what alot of us couldnt.You arent afraid to confront situations and ask those questions. You are awesome keep up the good work. You got my vote.

Villiers2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 138 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 20:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Aw shucks

Thanks!

It helps that Freddie picked two generous and kind guys to befriend as well. Makes my job easier lol

koala user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 64 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 20:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I’m sorry for upsetting everyone with my koala facts – Chevy even seems to have resorted to drinking to forget them! I’m just being cheeky lol.

Thor, thanks for confirming we’re not way off about Freddie. Considering we never knew the man personally, it’s easy to get paranoid about this sort of thing. I must admit it would be pretty comical if it turned out all this time was spent obsessing over a character that only existed in our minds (though that will always be the case to an extent I suppose). As for a potential future publisher not wanting you to share too much here, I completely understand. I will say that this humongous thread is not a particularly user-friendly format, though, and having all the stories in one place along with photos in a book format would be of huge value even if none of the stories were new – the fact that there will be a lot of new stuff in the book just makes it that much better.

Chevy thanks for sharing your absolutely fascinating background. It’s understandable if you have trouble with punctuation, and I don’t think anyone here judges you for it. I really believe Thor was just trying to be helpful, as has been said a few times already.

I too enjoyed listening to Viller’s live on Freddie’s parents this morning and I’m super excited for the up-coming stream with our very own Thor and Lee! I won’t be able to watch it live because of the time difference, but will be eagerly awaiting the youtube upload.