Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 20:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor you said you cannot share too much because of your exciting impending book, but does that apply to your live with villiers ? It's just I know you will get a lot of questions much like recently when you said you couldn't answer because of the book .

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 714 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 20:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Koala, I have been drinking since I was twelve so it was nothing you did.Im not an alcoholic I am just kinda shy and it helps me be more social.I guess you could say I just love it.I will tell anyone if you dont drink dont start it.I felt so sorry for those bears.People can control who they sleep with but a poor animal cant and they get an STD makes me wanna cry.By the way I make great jello shots it was my friends bday.

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 20:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Villers, yes I been missing Lee he is such a funny guy with a pleasant personality it seems.

Sweetandtenderhooligan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 323 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 21:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Villers I look forward to your live and always enjoy our little chats!

Thor do tell Lee we all miss him!

Also I didn’t know you dated Joe Scardilli. He had kind eyes.

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Bohemian: 210 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 21:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow.....
A sincere heartfelt Thank You for the link on Googlebook's preview to the Evans-Minns book. I have been wanting to read it for at least 2 yrs. However, it appears my only way to read it is on an e-reader....which I have stubbornly refused to buy, in protest as I am an old-school die hard Book lover!!! My kids actually gave me a first edition kindle about a dozen years ago, I fiddled with it for about a week....then I gave it away.....firmly believing I would always be able to purchase Books of my choosing. All the books on Freddie, that I had physically looked for since the late 80's-early 90's were available to me with a push of a button via Amazon!! Truly Amazing!! Except I have not been able to purchase Actual Evan-Minns book....due to cost prohibition!! Plus I would like to read Phoebe's second book but haven't been able to track that one down either!!!! I was soooo hoping that the release of Bohemian Rhapsody would allow for new printings of Freddie books no longer in print. I feel very resentful of media decisions to force the public into electronic formats that one may choose to forgo.....but my desire to read this Book (along w/The Virtuoso series) has brought me to relent in my stubbornness
And research a modest cost for an e-reader....the main problem is I don't even have the means for a modest tablet at this time. My phone is too full of Freddie pictures and paraphernalia (grandbabies picts too!!) To serve as my e-reader.......my son may be able to help me out with this....as his daughter has a kindle here (I bought it for her 2 Christmas's ago) that she barely ever uses. I begged my son today, after reading the link you provided Rainbow...to help me get the few books I would like to peruse on her tablet!! Yay, if it works!!!
Anyhooo....after reading Minsy's account of his relationship with Freddie........WOW! Mentally, I feel like I need some time to process this 'side' of the Freddie I have come to know and love.........i had heard bits n pieces of their relationship before....But it was just so Powerfully overwhelming to read it from Minsy himself. So much hurt and pain!! I AM glad Freddie and Minsy were able to enjoy one another towards the later part of the eighties!! Closure always feels right, maybe not Good but right!

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 373 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 22:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm, certain Thor means no disrespect at all regarding the grammar and punctuation discussion. Hard to imagine Thor EVER wanting to cause ofence. He seems like a lovely gentle, understanding soul. Lee, too. Understandable why Freddie felt so close and trustful of you both.

Will hope to hope to join in on the Freddie Book Club discussion soon. It's been a VERY busy day.

Take care all.

Bye bye

FreddieDarling

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 22:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow! We're nearly at the Bicentennial page!!!!

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 22:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Listening to Freddie's upbringing makes me reflect on my own.The religious beliefs, culture, are definitely similar.It must have been so difficult for him to have to live a lie in front of his parents but yet love them so deeply at the same time.Makes me wanna cry.

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 23:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree that Thor and Lee are two very loving genuine guys.Everyone kinda knows why my grammar is the way it is now .The cat is out of the bag.I made a joke.That was yesterdays hot topic and it's not a big deal to me so it shouldnt matter to anyone else.Lets no longer discuss it.It was a discussion that was really between Thor and I .I dont care to hear it.And I'm sure he sure the hell doesnt want to hear it either.So let's just make the thread an awesome place and talk about how each one of us and how wonderful we all are.Im watching the breakfast club people .To cool for school.

mika251 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 175 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 23:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Villiers2

Just listened to your Freddie's parents audio and want to thank you. And I really like your voice :)

I have a soft spot on Jer as I'm also a mother and it had to be incredibly hard for her to see his child die.
I remember she mentioned in one documentary something like: He didn't tell us he was ill because he didn't want to hurt us. And we didn't tell him we knew he was ill because we didn't want to hurt him. There is so much love and pain in this statement. I'm glad they saw each other quite a lot in his last years to catch up all.they missed before.

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Bohemian: 210 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 23:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ahhh....The Breakfast Club....it's a classic!! Great soundtrack too!! I just love Molly Ringwald!!

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 23:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 23:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 23:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Blenko, my favorite part is when that guy puts his weed down the front of that needs pants.Then tells his teacher its there.I would be the nerd for sure back then.

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 23:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I meant nerds pants.

emdee0809 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 117 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 19, 02:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chevyman - hope you are enjoying your movie tonight. Thanks for sharing a piece of your life with us!!

Didn't find any good Queen items on National Record Day

I like the way Thor pops in on the thread!!

Thor - As we get close to p. 200 - I can't imagine how many tidbits you have shared about Freddie between this thread and the last - just wanted to thank you again!!
And now for some reason - every time I hear the song Friends will Be Friends - I associate this with the friendship you and Lee shared with Freddie. Pretty sappy, huh?

Posted: 14 Apr 19, 03:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Emdee, I did enjoy it they just dont make those movies like they used too.I also like the original footloose.

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 19, 09:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

koala I don't think you upset anyone lovely :)

Blenkolove -- it was powerful wasn't it. Come on over to the book club thread as we are discussing all the different books :)

Thor/lee hope all is well :)

Spreadwingsgirl user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 4 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 19, 11:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Thor and Lee

I'm glad I came across this thread some time ago. I knew your names from the books (for example, Peter Freestone writes about you very well), but it's great to meet at least virtually with real people.

I am an old-new fan, I listened to Queen already when I was a teenager. I didn't like the movie, for more reasons (the main one is that it's homophobic shit, in my opinion), but it renewed my interest in Queen music and Freddie.

I've read a few books about Fredie, but I have to say I was mostly disappointed. This thread is much more interesting! I appreciate all your stories and I would be very happy if I could buy your Freddie book once. Good luck!

Can I ask if you read any books about Freddie (Queen)? If so, what is your opinion? I'm sorry if this question has already been raised. I read both threads, but it took me a very long time and I don't remember all questions and topics. And by the way - I like to read about you too, not just about our favorite singer.

My English is not very good, I am writing this comment with the help of a translator so I apologize for the mistakes.

FreddieDarling

Posted: 14 Apr 19, 11:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

One of my stick insects died. :'-(