Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Champion: 62 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 03:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I Will watch it and let u know!! THANKS FOR LINK<3

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 940 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 03:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Blenkolove,
You must watch it then...she is fantastic and Alistair Sim is perfect for this roll. Kathleen Harrison is incredible!

stevendabudgie user not visiting Queenzone.com
stevendabudgie
Champion: 65 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 04:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dear Lee,

dear Thor,

speaking of movies: In "Bicycle Race" there are the lines:

"Jaws was never my scene
And I don't like Star Wars"

Do you now whether Freddie really disliked Jaws and Star Wars?

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 05:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry stevendabudgie, I have no idea.

Lee Kathleen Nolan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 95 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 05:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Thor.
Did we ever go to the movies with Mother?

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 05:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think so.

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 05:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Glad you are here Lee!

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 05:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I must tell our funny story when we got in line for "ET the extra terrestrial"
The lady behind us said, "this used to be considered science fiction...
man has walked on the moon...this is now science FACT!"

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 05:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey you.
Not to bring up s repeat story, or maybe I am......watching “The Women” on TV?
That would be a flash back I would kill for. LOL

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 06:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Blenkolove
Fave holiday movie
“The gift of Love. A Christmas Story.
1998 made for TV movie with Polly Holiday
Miss “Kiss my grits” from the Alice show.
Angela Lansbury and Lee Remick Star. Dunno why. Live that film.

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 06:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I meant LOVE that film.

Blenkolove

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 06:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Back to the Live Aid topic.....Honestly I can't remember sitting down to watch it. I think I clicked back and forth to it....vaguely remember some of the acts....But for some reason I DO remember the hoopla and ALL THESE fantastic musicians gathering together for "Do They Know It's Christmas"
It's STILL one of my favorite Christmas songs. I am deeply sorry Queen/ Freddie wasn't included!!
However....i do remember EXACTLY where I was and what I was doing the minute I heard Rock Hudson died of AIDS!!!!!!!! Weird huh??

Blenkolove

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 06:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gosh....i feel like I must live under a rock!! Never heard of that one either!!! THANKS Lee....i'll add it to my list!!!<3

Blenkolove

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 06:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sounds like there might be a story behind "The Women" movie?????

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 07:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love the way Thor tells that story.
Thor, you’re on. I’ll give it a try if you don’t want to.

Villiers user not visiting Queenzone.com
Villiers
Bohemian: 237 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 07:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie LOVED that movie, apparently. The first time I saw it, I was staying over at my friend David's house the night before he married his partner John Michael. I said "That movie looks old. Why tf are we watching an old movie instead of tossing dollar bills at a stripper named Big Boy?"

He sat me down and showed me the cult classic. It's hilarious.

I can picture Freddie screaming with laughter watching it. Making Peter dress up like the countless Lol.

We did end up a male strip club later that night btw. LOL.

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 3530 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 07:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lee Kathleen Nolan wrote:

Blenkolove
Fave holiday movie
“The gift of Love. A Christmas Story.
1998 made for TV movie with Polly Holiday
Miss “Kiss my grits” from the Alice show.
Angela Lansbury and Lee Remick Star. Dunno why. Live that film.

Probably because of the LEE involved... ;-) (kiddin)..

But man... Lee Remick... what a hot one... seen her in A FACE IN THE CROWD the other day on the big screen....

::sizzle::

However.... Patricia Neal steals the show..even from Andy Griffith's thunderous performance (yes, Andy Griffith....Mayberry itself..he's a disreputable wild man if there ever was one in this film)... she grounds it all..

EIther way... thank you Noorie for the link... I'd always suspected that STORMTROOPERS IN STILLETTOS event was "under wraps" and tight security, cause I never found (when it happened) any posts of the photography online. Maybe one day soon it'll get a US exhibition. I'd love to see Freddie's artwork in person.

Thank you, Lee for answering my inquiry. Sounds pretty amazing... I guess when you've got the dough that sort of collecting becomes a good hobby. (collecting). I HAVENT really...but I have my own collection of "stuffs"

In a sense, the world is so much greater for his having passed on the art and design bit...and gone into music. You can hear in the early years (IBEX and SOUR MILK SEA recordings that came to light)...that he wasn't the refined vocalist that he became...it's very clear that the guy put in some hard work. Gotta admire that desire and direction. He recreated himself into that powerful persona onstage.

sorry for the length, but Lee, you mentioned Freddie's art collection....it sounds like it was continually expanding. Beauty needs appreciation.

Did Freddie have any sort of Hollywood/Film Memorabilia? I know I'd asked Thor already. Just wondering.

BTW: I plan on seeing that screening of THE WOMEN when it hits hollyweird in January. I was almost a fan of Paulette Goddard via Charlie Chaplin...until I watched some of her other flicks. Crawford goes without question whether stealing the scenes or desperately trying to upstage others she'd always been a devoted actress. Lucille, one of the most gifted comedic females, gorgeous as well.

I'm going to look for "The Gift of Love: a Christmas Story".... I love sappy stuff if it rings true. So much happens in life that we can all cherish.

As an "agnostic" I don't practice any of these "holy days" but I understand the significance of reflection at the end of the year/seasons. Many thanks for your reflections and generosity in sharing these parts of your lives. Thanks gents

"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHTt!"
FlashElephant user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 10 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 13:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This won't be popular, but I'm going to say it. Propably I'll be a homophobe, hater or another trendy nickname but I'm still going to say it.

When the first Thor-thread was created it was incredible. It had something special and all the stories were intresting and you would always look forward to the new posts. Now, some months later it's more or less just a dumpster fire. If you remember that old YouTube-comment about lapdogs etc. Well, now it's more or less reality.

I don't know what the "New York Daughters" were all about. Maybe when someone didn't agree with them or happened to have a different opinion the Daughters would turn into bitches who would talk you down and become very negative towards you. This thread gives me that vibe. The Daughters actually seem like a unfunny and conservative group. Hard to belive this guys were hunting for arseholes back in the day.

That story about someone's cousin and Freddie was propably one the dumbest thing ever written here and almost everyone is believing that? And those who don't are instantly criticized.

It's easy to guess what the reaction will be. I will be the biggest arse hole and disrespectful cunt for writing this. But that's all right. Just keeping it real.

FlashElephant user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 10 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 13:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not able to edit my post, but I meant the story about someone's uncle. Then again, it could have also been his cousin, aunt or grandpa.

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 57 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 17, 13:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thundergod wrote:

Blenkolove, Lee is working until 10pm PDT. I don't know if he will get online after work.

OK, I'm waaaaay into Lee's personal business here so feel free to ignore me, but I'm curious as to what he does for a living. His late night ending time leaves me curious. I was so interested when he shared his early efforts to make it onto Broadway, so I wonder where he eventually landed. I apologize in advance if you've already answered this.