Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

Katydyd5 user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 360 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 19, 00:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor, thanks for the update on the unconfirmed time. That gives me some time between now and then to try and figure Instagram out. I'd love to watch it live, but if I can't, no big deal. I'll catch it on YouTube.

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 714 posts

Posted: 21 Apr 19, 01:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor , sorry about that I read back and saw she was sick.Iwas just letting You know to have a happy holiday hope your travel home is a safe one.

Posted: 21 Apr 19, 02:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Villers,Hope you feel better soon it's no fun being sick.

Villiers2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 138 posts

Posted: 21 Apr 19, 04:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Thor, Lee and I have been chatting about Monday the 22nd at 1pm PST if that works for you? He said that may be too early, so anytime before 4pm CST is good with me. Let let me know what you guys prefer, and I'll start promoting it. Also, he says you guys did get a chance to look over the questions and pick some you liked. If yall have them picked, feel free to shoot em back over to me so I can scribble down a quick script to work from. Thanks again for being so patient. This kidney stone thing had me thinking I was going to die Thursday. I did not know pain like that existed. A CT, 5 emergency doctors and 3 ultrasounds later, we find it's a kidney stone. Insanity. I asked why 2 rounds of morphine back to back didn't help the pain and they said it's often compared to the pain of childbirth. Oh. Ok. Makes sense! Filling up with water and being doctored at home by a loved one so I'm happy to say I'm in the mend. Thanks for all the well wishes, everyone.

I did catch my brother's cold right before. Turns out the back pain I was feeling during that time wasn't related to the cold at all. Or the fever. Go figure!

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Champion: 90 posts

Posted: 21 Apr 19, 05:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Villiers2, I'm glad to hear you're on the mend. Godspeed in your recovery! If the pain gets too unbearable, we understand if you have to cancel and reschedule the Live. Are you presently located in CST? For some crazy reason, I thought you lived in the UK.

Jo T.

Posted: 21 Apr 19, 05:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Correction: Sorry, peeps, I was wrong, wrong, wrong - AGAIN! The time zone for London is five (5) hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time (EST) in the U.S., NOT four (4) hours ahead like I had erroneously reported on 4/13/19 on p. 197! My bad. I should’ve consulted the World Clock on my iPad 1st. I’d hate for people who live in EST to lose out on the Live, if they believe they’re 4 hours behind London, instead of 5. Daylight saving time messed up my math (Spring forward, fall back.). I wasn’t aware the UK adopted daylight saving, too. BTW, EST is 3 hours ahead of PST.

Actually, it was Thor who unintentionally alerted me I had erred on the time zone. I thought HE was off by one (1) hour, but it was actually me. He had reported that the Live might be 1 PM, Pacific Standard Time (PST), when it would be 9 PM London time. I thought it should’ve been 2 PM, PST. Sorry, Thor, I shouldn’t have doubted your accuracy in the 1st place. However, it made me realize MY inaccuracy.

For those who live in the UK, you operate under British Summer Time, right, and NOT Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) or Universal Time (UT)? I learned about British Summer Time for the 1st time earlier tonight. I always assumed Londoners operated under GMT, because Greenwich is a suburb of London? Please clarify.

@RussiaLand, it’s a tradition in the U.S. to dye eggs, too. What part of Russia are you from? 2 of my good friends from high school majored in Russian in college and have shared the language and love of Russian literature to me over the years. One of them and I had recently talked about visiting breathtaking Lake Baikal in eastern Siberia one day. I’d like to dive in the Lake and visit Moscow and St. Petersburg, as well.

@FreddieDarling, what a lovely photo of the Westminster Bridge in London @ dusk!

Well, it’s 1:58 AM, EST, in my time zone. I bet Queenzone shall date/time it as 5:58 AM, another reason why I was lead to believe London was 4 hours ahead, instead of 5.

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 373 posts

Posted: 21 Apr 19, 07:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jo T.

Well Britain is smack bang on the Greenwich Meridian line so yes we use G.M.T. but as I believe you in the U.S do, every last Sunday in March we put the clocks forward an hour (Spring Forward) so we have lighter evenings for longer. And the last Sunday in October, we put the clock BACK an hour (Fall Back, though we always use the word autumn) so that it's lighter in the morning for travelling to school/work etc.

If you use the same time frames to adjust your clocks we will still be "n" hours ahead of you.

To complicate history before the era of the railways when it became necessary bdhe to railway timetables, different parts of our little nation had slightly different time zones. The West Coast I think was about 15 minutes behind of the East Coast as obviously the Sun rises in the West and takes a certain Amount if time to appear at a certain position in the sky thanit dies on the opposite coast.

During World War II the government imposed Double British Summertime meaning that in Spring the clocks went forward 2 hours, this was to allow the farmers to have as many hours of daylight as possible to tend to and gather the harvest as we had to suddenly become far more self sufficient as trading from overseas became tremendously difficult with us being at war with many of the nation's we traded with and the dangers to Merchant ships from the Navies of "the enemy" .

Never heard of Universal Time by the way!.

Black Queen"s Kid! Wow! I had no idea you got Cadbury's Creme eggs in the US. !

FreddieDarling

Posted: 21 Apr 19, 07:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jo T.

Well Britain is smack bang on the Greenwich Meridian line so yes we use G.M.T. but as I believe you in the U.S do, every last Sunday in March we put the clocks forward an hour (Spring Forward) so we have lighter evenings for longer. And the last Sunday in October, we put the clock BACK an hour (Fall Back, though we always use the word autumn) so that it's lighter in the morning for travelling to school/work etc.

If you use the same time frames to adjust your clocks we will still be "n" hours ahead of you.

To complicate history before the era of the railways when it became necessary bdhe to railway timetables, different parts of our little nation had slightly different time zones. The West Coast I think was about 15 minutes behind of the East Coast as obviously the Sun rises in the West and takes a certain Amount if time to appear at a certain position in the sky thanit dies on the opposite coast.

During World War II the government imposed Double British Summertime meaning that in Spring the clocks went forward 2 hours, this was to allow the farmers to have as many hours of daylight as possible to tend to and gather the harvest as we had to suddenly become far more self sufficient as trading from overseas became tremendously difficult with us being at war with many of the nation's we traded with and the dangers to Merchant ships from the Navies of "the enemy" .

Black Queen"s Kid! Wow! I had no idea you got Cadbury's Creme eggs in the US. !

FreddieDarling

Posted: 21 Apr 19, 07:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jo T.

If you use the same time frames to adjust your clocks we will still be "X" hours ahead of you.

To complicate history before the era of the railways when it became necessary bdhe to railway timetables, different parts of our little nation had slightly different time zones. The West Coast I think was about 15 minutes behind of the East Coast as obviously the Sun rises in the West and takes a certain amount of time to appear at a certain position in the sky than it does on the opposite coast.

During World War II the government imposed Double British Summertime meaning that in Spring the clocks went forward 2 hours, this was to allow the farmers to have as many hours of daylight as possible to tend to and gather the harvest as we had to suddenly become far more self sufficient as trading from overseas became tremendously difficult with us being at war with many of the nation's we traded with and the dangers to merchant ships from the Navies of "the enemy" .

Black Queen"s Kid! Wow! I had no idea you got Cadbury's Creme eggs in the U.S. ! Treat yourself to one! They only appear a few months if each year!

Isn't that funny about the Fruit Christmas cake ! You imagine these things are everywhere!

Have a great Sunday, peeps! Don't scoff too many eggs! :-)

I'm hoping to bag my little Fredie doll (SH Figuart Neca figure) in about 3 hours! Fingers crossed!

FreddieDarling

Posted: 21 Apr 19, 07:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry! It's buy one get two free day!

Dunno what happened! I only tapped once! Honestly!

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 447 posts

Posted: 21 Apr 19, 07:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Happy Easter...and many blessings to all.

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts

Posted: 21 Apr 19, 09:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ok so I am confused, it doesn't take much ..hha ha ...what time will it be in the UK when Villiers does the live with Thor and Lee? and is it now Tuesday.

I haven't touch a single easter egg yet but if I had a Freddie one I will surely lick it very slowly he he he

I don't like Cadbury Cream eggs. I am also surprised you have them in the US. I don't like Reece chocolate or Hersey's chocolate ....sorry. Infact I'm not even keen of Cadbury's. My favorite is Galaxy or any dark chocolate .

My daugher's friend brought her some chocolate and sweets back from Florida recently. I did have to chuckle as there was a safety warning on the chewy sweets packet. I've not seen such a warning on our sweet packets.

RussiaLand I can't imagine christmas being on 7th January, it's funny how things are so different all over the world.

Is anyone going to see the new Elton film when it comes out? I am looking forward to it

xxxxxxx

Posted: 21 Apr 19, 10:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For those confused about the time: Google "time in Houston Texas now" and that's CST. You can use that to figure out what time it'll be for you wherever you are in the world.

I still have not heard from them about the exact time but it looks like we are aiming for 1 PST which is 3 CST (Texas time).

America alone has about 4 different time zones so bare with us, thanks

FreddieDarling

Posted: 21 Apr 19, 10:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm jumping for joy!!!!! I GOT HIM ! I GOT HIM ! I GOT HIM !

I "won" my Freddie at auction! I'm chuffed to little buttons!

Can't wait to get my hands on him!

I seriously shouldn't be this excited by a dolly at my age! Dear me, Freddie what HAVE you done to me?!

emdee0809 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 117 posts

Posted: 21 Apr 19, 12:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Happy Easter to everyone- no matter what time of the day it is! Time zones are so confusing- I thought London was 6 hours a head of EST based on my observations watching the Olympics a few years back.

Freddiedarling- congratulations on winning your auction- please send a picture when he arrives:)

Villiers- thanks for keeping us updated on the live- glad your on the road to recovery

Thor and Lee- hope going over all those questions for your live brought back special memories of your friendship with Freddie-Happy Easter!

Posted: 21 Apr 19, 12:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good Morning to all its 7am where I live in the United states of Oklahoma .Happy Happy Easter to Everyone!

Jo T.

Posted: 21 Apr 19, 12:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

doughnut wrote:
ok so I am confused, it doesn't take much ..hha ha ...what time will it be in the UK when Villiers does the live with Thor and Lee?

Is anyone going to see the new Elton film when it comes out? I am looking forward to it
xxxxxxx

Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse everybody. Based on the World Clock on my iPad, the UK should be eight (8) hours ahead of Pacific Standard Time (PST) or "Thor Time!" LOL
He's right. When it's 1 PM PST, it's 9 PM your time.
I plan to see the Elton John biopic when it comes out. I saw the preview and can't wait. I wonder if Freddie shall be in it?

Posted: 21 Apr 19, 13:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

THOR AND LEE LIVE OFFICIAL TIME AND DATE: Monday April 22nd @ 1 PM PST (California time).

Sorry for not checking my email spam folder sooner. Thor got back to me pretty quick to confirm the time but I missed it earlier. I look forward to chatting with you guys tomorrow. It'll be a pleasure.

Posted: 21 Apr 19, 14:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

right so the time in the Uk is 3.50 pm and in California it is 07:50 so that is a fair bit behind us, 8 hours as Jo.T said...this means I shall be listening in at 9 pm uk time. Phew glad I got there in the end.

I have never even heard of PST Time and why are there different time zones in the US....are you trying to confuse ushe he he

Posted: 21 Apr 19, 14:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

so have any of you ever seen a movie star ? Jennifer Aniston or George Clooney . I realize the US is big but you have a lot of movie stars lol

Also what is the weather like where you are, I'm curious lol

Freddie Darlling congratulations on your win, maybe he can play with your Barbie dolls if you still have then ;)