Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

SM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 59 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Apr 19, 15:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello yes I do think I know which photo you're referring to. That was Jim and I. Seems like a lifetime ago now.

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts

Posted: 22 Apr 19, 15:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I thought it might be you Shaun.

Can I ask a question please?

After reading both Peter and Jim's book I got the impression that Jim was closer to Joe than Peter. Would that be a correct ?

Posted: 22 Apr 19, 15:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The real fans know Mr Mercury was gay and they don't bat an eyelid. As it should be. All the rest can wear their tinfoil hats and keep banging their drums all they like. Being gay was a part of who he was and Mr Thor and Mr Lee being honest about that the way Jim and Mr Freestone seemed to do is the best thing. If they were to hide or downplay it at all I feel it would be a great disservice as there seems to be very little truth in print about Mr Mercury. Never back down guys.

Cheers

Posted: 22 Apr 19, 16:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No Jim wasn't overly close to either of them. They got on but they weren't brotherly from what I saw. Jim cared about them and they him but I got the feeling all 3 had little in common outside of Mr Mercury. I could be wrong as I was only really chatty with Jim and Joe spent most of our chats venting about Ms Austin and other frustrations. Very rarely did the conversations ever lead to discussing the closeness between the 3 men. I would only be guessing I'm afraid. I know Jim stayed in contact with them however.

Posted: 22 Apr 19, 16:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Shaun

Maybe that explains why in Jims's book he said that Joe had apologised to him for not seeing him as Freddie boyfriend, only the gardener.

I do feel for Jim being thrown into that mad life with Freddie but it is so clear how much Jim loved Freddie. I do hope Jim was happy during all his time with Freddie at Garden Lodge

Posted: 22 Apr 19, 16:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just wanted to say that in terms of the press, at the moment it seems that they are gunning for Meghan Markle and Prince Harry. I don't know why they can't leave them alone.

Sweetandtenderhooligan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 323 posts

Posted: 22 Apr 19, 16:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe we should stop bullying people who have instagram accounts who don't post here?

Let them live their lives and post what they want. If you don't like the content don't pay attention

Posted: 22 Apr 19, 16:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You also should realize that this person does not have phoebe and Joe.

Shaun, I think you are experiencing a generational gap. It's all in good humor and she really loves Joe and Peter. It's the younger generation's version of humor.

I really don't think it's right to be calling someone out here. Leave them be.

Dustin Zimmerman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 281 posts

Posted: 22 Apr 19, 16:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Stop bullying Instagram accounts that don't post here"? Are you seriously acting like you're not freddieandjimforever?? Lmao you do know everyone knows it's you based ins stuff you've said you've asked here right.

Posted: 22 Apr 19, 16:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL are you really talking about yourself in third person??? "She loves them"?

Sweets we all know you're freddieandjimforever. You've literally said word for word what you've posted here on your lives. Please stop lol.

Posted: 22 Apr 19, 16:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sweetandtender.....there isn't any bullying happening here so I am sorry if you feel that. I know that you are friends with some of the people who have the accounts, at least I'm sure that is what I have seen.

Shaun knew Jim and just didn't like what he saw and I respect that. He isn't going to enjoy people talking for an hour about the sexual preference of someone he knew.

Bullying is a strong word and not one to be thrown around easily.

Posted: 22 Apr 19, 16:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's millennial and younger humor. Yes I am friends with her and she dearly loves the Garden Lodge men. It isn't fair to come on here and speak harshly about someone who posts in humor.

She's actually extremely upset by this right now and she shouldn't be. If you don't like an account then stop listening to the lives.

This is a real person you are talking about and putting them on blast on a website is indeed bullying. If it isn't your humor then move on. Stop visiting and don't set this person up to be bullied. she is already stalked and harassed by the anti Jim accounts on instagram day and night.

Again, this is youthful humor. That's all. She has a small amount of followers and posts mostly for her friends. She doesn't want to be publicized on a website like this and honestly this isn't what Thor's thread is for.

Posted: 22 Apr 19, 16:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, it isn't me. I'm close with her. Stop this childish crap in Thor's thread

Posted: 22 Apr 19, 16:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you for understanding doughnut. My intent is not to make anyone feel badly but talks of fisting and calling Mr Mercury and his friends bitches and useless bottoms is just a humour I cannot get behind.

Posted: 22 Apr 19, 16:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You're close with her? You literally are her. I mean come on. You've said you've asked the same questions she did and claimed it was you. Word for word. Why are you lying about it?

The Squirrelly One user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts

Posted: 22 Apr 19, 16:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sweet you did admit that was you in one of Villiers lives when she was trying to pick out new items for her giveaway sometime back. I remember you now because you reminded everyone in that live about Sanjay in David Minns book and said you're on queenzone as Sweetandtenderhooligan. I'm not sure why you felt the need to lie here but it's ok. Perhaps you felt backed into a corner. Nobody is angry with you. We are all friends here. But the first rule to any friendship is honesty.

I feel everyone needs to relax a little. So many of us don't like the content you have posted. That's ok. Like everyone else here I think it's fair to say I get why Shaun was offended by your posts. Although I do not believe you made them to hurt anyone try to understand where Shaun is coming from.

Let's all move on now.

Posted: 22 Apr 19, 16:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sweetand tender this isn't the place to argue about this but Shaun was well within his rights and tell us how he felt about what he saw. He has not done any bullying nor has anyone else. Why should Shaun have to say 'oh that's ok then, it's younger generation humour'

He knew Jim and was offended and I don't blame him. As he said he doesn't follow her but her account came to his attention.

I'm am sorry to hear she is upset, onone wants to see that but she can't expect everyone to like or agree with her content. Perhaps if she came on here an joined in we could get to know her.

Posted: 22 Apr 19, 17:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oh you are already here , thanks for the info SquirrellyOne

Lets just put this to bed and agree to disagree .

Posted: 22 Apr 19, 17:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

shaun please don't worry. I totally understand :)

emdee0809 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 117 posts

Posted: 22 Apr 19, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SM - You have so much to offer this thread. It saddens me you, Thor, Lee, Peter, or anyone who knew the men at Garden Lodge have to read such disgusting content on the internet. A generation gap or not, there is no need for disrespect or chattering about such personal matters. I find no humor in what SM posted and in this freedom of speech age - everyone has a right to say it - I get it. The good news, no one is made to listen to it.

We need to have empathy, though, for those that know the truth. Yes, they can unfollow, but still, they've seen and heard terrible things, they deserve to have their say.

There are a lot of good people on this forum with an incredible amount of knowledge about Freddie. I respect each and every one of them. I have learned so much.

Cheers to you, SM - hope your weekend was a good one!!