Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 448 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Apr 19, 06:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor,

If you don't mind, I am going to ask some questions from many pages back that I think got buried in a QZ avalanche. :) (But I won't ask them all at once.)

Is there a particular spot in New York that elicits a stronger "Freddie memory" more than any other? What was the very last place you saw Freddie before he moved?

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 19, 07:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor I thought you said ,mama has a husband and look at this turnip he pulled out ' I had to re-read lol.

I feel gardeners are the rage at the moment Thor, that's where you need to look for your next love interest lol

Freddie darling how exciting , so happy for you .

Shaun who cares what the haters say , let them live in ignorance. Also I'm old enough to know the term 'pull' as in ' I was out on the pull last night ' ps I sent you a pm on here .

Have a good day all , I'm back to work ....boooo

Posted: 23 Apr 19, 07:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Forgot to say that I think it's a great idea for Shaun to do a live with villiers

Posted: 23 Apr 19, 07:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katy I am glad you enjoyed the Richard young link. He took amazing photos and many are my favs.
The ones with Freddie on stage and the crowd in view are fantastic. Freddie certainly had a good sense of photography

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 373 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 19, 08:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oooh dear! Things have been a bit stirred up over the last few pages.

I totally agree that any salacious gossip and speculation regarding what Freddie and whoever did or did not do "in bed" is distasteful, and lacking in respect. Would any of these gossips like their own lives to be speculated upon in minutae detail? I don't think so!

As far as I'm aware, all of Freddie's lovers were of legal age and consenting and that's good enough for me!

As for saying that Peter and Jim were "miserable" living with Freddie, then why did Jim speak always so fondly of him, and why is Peter still, over 27 years after losing Freddie, still speaking with such affection and deep respect about "the Master" ? To the extent he has repeatedly called him "my best friend" and described Freddie as "the most kind, the most generous and most thoughtful friend you could have" Those aren't the words or the attitude of somebody who didn't enjoy spending time with Mr. Mercury!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, Thor! Still praying to Vince the Bar man.... Oops , sorry Vince the Patron Saint of Plumbing (is there a urology joke there somewhere? Forget it, don't look for it!) for a vertical pipe problem decision! A Two Pipe Problem if ever there was one! Good luck, Mr. Thor!

Re plumbing, has anyone else wondered about the origins of the word!? I
Came to the conclusion that it must originate from the Latin name for lead, which is plumbum (Love that name, sweet!) Periodic table of elements symbol Pb. Most water bearing pipes started out (unwisely as it turns out) being constructed of lead, as it was easily maleable, and didn't corrode easily, or rust, so I guess the craftsmen who constructed the "waterworks" would be considered workers if lead, or plumbum! Hence plumber! These odd little things just occurred to me from time to time and I try to solve the conundrum myself. I'm an odd little duck!

Re "pulling" ! Tea, that's a bit if English slang, as in the jokey quip of one person chatting up another saying to them "get you coat, you've 'pulled' " :-) in other words, we can leave now, dear! You've found your partner! LOL!

Thanks for all the congratulations on my happy win. I'm so pleased, to quote Freddie "I'm smiling from my arse to my elbow" ! :-)

Have a lovely Tuesday, peeps!

I do hope Shaun doesn't leave us. Ignore the idiots out there in the ether, they say there's more out than in, and the crass fools will always sneak out if La La Land occasionally. Just ignore them. Or else but some slug pellets!

FreddieDarling

Posted: 23 Apr 19, 08:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Please excuse my typos! I tried to proof read! Honestly!

Tea should be "Yes"

Most of my if's should be of's!

I bet even my epitaph will have typographical errors!

FreddieDarling

Posted: 23 Apr 19, 08:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Please excuse my typos! I tried to proof read! Honestly!

Tea should be "Yes"

Most of my if's should be of's!

I bet even my epitaph will have typographical errors!

RussiaLand user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 44 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 19, 10:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't like the fact that someone deleted their Instagram account because of the discussion in this thread. I haven't seen the posts in that account, so I don't know how distasteful they were. But SM, shouldn't you have written to the owner of that account right there on Instagram and tell them you don't like what they are doing with the names of Freddie and other guys? It's not like they are some celebrity who has too many comments on their page and won't see if you write to them... Just my thoughts.

Also, funnily enough, that Russian author who was trying to prove in her book that Freddie was straight, basically did it because she didn't like what Jim Hutton and Peter Freestone wrote in their books about Freddie - she said they gave away too many dirty personal information, like Jim describing their sex, Freddie being "passive" etc. She was disgusted with this so much that she came to the conclusion that Jim and Phoebe were not really Freddie's lover and friend, if they thought revealing this information was no big deal. So, everyone has their own opinion about what is acceptable and what is not.

Freddienotfreddy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 84 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 19, 10:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This clip reminded of Thor talking about everyone getting refreshments during Brian's solo in Queen concerts.

It is Roger saying how boring solos are and he takes a dig a Brian. It is in the first 2 minutes of the clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_QBSIjy0ow

SM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 59 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 19, 11:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No I shouldn't have messaged the owner of the account. Because it's not a required necessity to do so before expressing ones opinion about their content. I couldn't care less if they're just a fan or some celebrity account. If I feel your content is insulting to my friends, I'm going to say as much wherever I please and well...it's a free world. If you don't like it don't read it. Kind of like how she was able to post her smut to a public forum, everyone is free to do the same with their opinions about it. I ignored her garbage for long enough. A post showing an Elmo puppet with the name "Jim" posted on it was the last straw. The post was a sex joke of some kind. The puppet was given the name Jim, and the arm going inside the puppet she named "Freddie" and this was just another disgusting "Freddie fucked Jim this way" post. Enough with the excuses for that sort of thing, please.

Charlies boy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Charlies boy
Champion: 51 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 19, 11:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't like the fact that someone deleted their Instagram account because of the discussion in this thread.

I don't like the fact that this chick was trying to use gay culture as her punchline. As a gay man who is finally able to take comfort in who I am, I found her content to be annoying, childish, desperate and flat. She seemed to want to be one of us. How many times can one person possibly ask who topped Freddie before it drives people crazy? Much less someone who knew Jim and Joe personally. Then to sit there and lie about who she is? Why? You don't see anything creepy as a hell about that? And by the way someone here did reach out to her and she basically told them to fuck off. I doubt Shaun messaging her would have raised a better response.

My sexuality is not some chick's Instagram joke. My culture is not for your amusement and what happened "between Freddie's legs at night" is not something that should be up for an hour long discussion on your social media page for kicks. There's humor and then there's that. She was lightyears away from humor.

FreddieDarling

Posted: 23 Apr 19, 12:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Charlie's boy :- AMEN!

Freddie was quite fascinating and thrilling in many other ways. We do not need to poke around into areas of his life that are none of our business!

Some people are lower than an earthworms belly and I guess we'll never change that, but we sure as hell don't have to like it, or verbally put them down.

CHEVYMAN user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 718 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 19, 12:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes that Elmo arm thing was to much she blocked me I think.She was a dirty birdie for sure and some of her content was offensive now that I look back on It .I wouldnt want my friend talked about like that I am sorry Shaun for my earlier post Its not just a joke or humor.Its someones sex life.

Posted: 23 Apr 19, 12:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

> Then to sit there and lie about who she is? Why?
> You don't see anything creepy as a hell about that?

Yes, I think she should have owned up to it.

Posted: 23 Apr 19, 13:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Russia, I cant believe what I am hearing your author or whoever he is lives in a star trek series.Jim loved Freddie dearly and had every right to Express that love into words any way he wanted.Its not disgusting.Maybe It is disgusting to the reader if it is dont read it .Phoebe cared for Freddie his book is the only one out there other than Jim's with any truth.So your author can take this information stick it were he wants and smoke it.Oh have a nice day.

Posted: 23 Apr 19, 13:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CHEVYMAN, I'm afraid she can't do that anymore, she died in 2012, as I wrote before.

Posted: 23 Apr 19, 14:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh ok well she had her opinion I guess but Those two guys loved him dearly.

LoganMews user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 6 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 19, 14:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi again Thor and Lee (and everyone),

I have just been watching the 'epic' Flash Gordon movie, truth be told I only watch it for the amazing soundtrack. It did get me thinking though back to your time with Freddie as I recall a story that Freddie would have been keen on Sam Jones (i.e. Flash Gordon) however he was too shy to do anything about it. Did he ever mention him to you guys?

From the earlier photos of yourself in the early 80's Thor I would say that you and Sam Jones were quite similar so it wouldn't surprise me if Freddie was attracted to him.

I hope we get an update on the book soon. Oh, and Villiers2 can you let me know how I would be able to access your Q&A with Thor and Lee?

Thank you. :)

Charlies boy

Posted: 23 Apr 19, 14:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

She hasn't done the live with Thor and Lee yet. Thor had an emergency and had to push back the date for it.

Charlies boy

Posted: 23 Apr 19, 14:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You can access it once it's uploaded on YouTube through her YouTube page. I just looked up Queen Memes and scrolled until I found her channel. Good luck.