Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Apr 19, 16:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

RE Dave Clark...I find him very odd ......but I did see a video on youtube some fans posted. They asked him what he thought about Queen carrying on with (oh dear I've forgotten his name....seriously what is wrong with me lol ) . He replied 'I think there is no queen without Freddie and they should have stopped like John did.

I imagine Dave and Mary are friends

SM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 64 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 19, 16:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oops didn't mean to go down that rabbit hole Mr Thor my apologies. The topic of Ms Austin must be exhausted by now. I am currently trying to find a way to cast Instagram to my television so that I can enjoy your chat on the big screen when time comes. Looks like I have to download a third party app to do it. YouTube will let me cast it directly to my TV though. No matter the screen size you've got a friend in England tuning in with a lager in hand!

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1716 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 19, 16:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Shaun,
Unfortunately, my observations are quite similar to yours regarding M.A. However, the same supporters seem to always come to her defense despite the fact they did not know her. In their defense of her, they tend to always say they are not defending her. it can be quite frustrating and I, personally, always feel like I am offending someone!

Posted: 26 Apr 19, 17:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Shaun can you do it via bluetooth ? otherwise I had no idea you could get instagram on the TV lol .

Shaun where in the uk are you....don't worry I won't come and stalk you lol. I am in Essex

Thor how's things ?

thundergod

Posted: 26 Apr 19, 17:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

doughnut,
Things are looking up. Thank you. Wish more publishers would agree with that...LOL

Posted: 26 Apr 19, 17:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

glad to hear it. Did you know that Rudi who did videos etc etc for Queen and Freddie has a book coming out in June. This is the blurb

There's been a lot said and written about Freddie Mercury. But what has never been there before is a book from the so-called inner circle, that small circle of friends and colleagues who really got to know the man Freddie Mercury, not just the Queen singer and superstar. Rudi Dolezal belonged to this inner circle. The multi-award-winning video and film director was not only the personal filmmaker of Freddie Mercury & Queen for over twenty years, but also one of his best friends. Now, more than 25 years after Mercury's tragic death, Dolezal has picked up his diaries and recalls his very personal story with the world star: from that moment on, as he, a young editor, sweats his hands on the first interview prepared with the singer, until the shocking phone call in which Mercury's manager told him about his death. For decades, Dolezal had been there where no journalist would ever have come: backstage at countless video shoots, concerts, and travel, but most of all private moments. This book is not a complete biography, says Rudi Dolezal, but tells stories, experiences, adventures that I experienced during many years as a director and friend with Freddie and I have not told anyone until today. And there's a lot to tell: from crazy parties where dwarfs were baked into chocolate cake, from the night a whole nightclub was redecorated for Freddie's 200,000 DM, from legendary concerts like the one in Rio de Janeiro, Freddie's in front of 600,000 spectators,

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 573 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 19, 17:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK

I don't want to sound heavy handed, but I have been in the last page accused of two things which I am NOT guilty of.

1. I have NOT at any point defended Mary Austin's behaviour in any manner. Check back on my posts if you care to. I simply do not like serious psychological illnesses being labelled upon anybody. I didn't say that I feel that reports of Ms. Austin's behaviour was acceptable or excusable,to me or anybody else. It wasn't even CHEVYMAN'S post I was referencing when pointing out my dislike of sociopathy been mooted as a cause for certain unsociable behaviours been displayed by Ms. Austin.

2. I have at NO point disputed anything SM has had to say about any of his observations whilst working within the perimeters of Garden Lodge.

I seem to have opened a can of worms by expressing my dislike of words like "sociopath" being used on people, for which I apologise, but I want to make it clear that I am not guilty of EITHER of the point above and it ruffles my feathers to be accused of either. I can take been chastised for acts I am culpable for but not for those which I am not.

Hope this can be dropped now.

thundergod

Posted: 26 Apr 19, 17:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh Brother,
I never met this Rudi person. He was never mentioned and was never around in New York. That time period belongs to me, Lee, Freddie and Phoebe. Good luck to him.

Posted: 26 Apr 19, 17:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Birmingham doughnut

Mr Thor you're too kind a gent to hurt anyone's feelings here. Especially with you writing this book it's important for you to never back down when it comes to speaking the truth. Don't ever feel badly for being honest.

thundergod

Posted: 26 Apr 19, 17:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FreddieDarling,
Consider it dropped.

Dustin Zimmerman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 281 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 19, 17:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lol sorry but why the hell is Rudi coming out with a book? I mean I hope it's an honest one but I have to be real here, he was never mentioned by Freestone as being in the inner circle. He was a friend and he worked with Freddie but close pals? No...?

thundergod

Posted: 26 Apr 19, 17:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I guess "authors" are coming out of the woodwork...lol

mika251 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 175 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 19, 17:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dustin

Funny isn't it? There has never been any book from inner circle ... Peter and Jim never existed apparently.

But let's give him a chance. There could be some good stories from working life.

Posted: 26 Apr 19, 17:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Come now Mr Thor was only being honest to how he felt and things he's seen. There's no need for the upset. Like he said it's dropped.

I do not know of any Rudy and he was not someone Jim or Joe mentioned that I can recall. I find it very odd that publishers are going for someone few have heard of and not going for a book made by 2 truly close friends. I'll be honest I don't remember Jim speaking about either of you by name but he did talk about Mr Mercury's friends from New York and some of the adventures Mr Mercury got up to with you. I can only assume Mr Mercury told Jim these things because you guys were in the inner circle and meant a great deal to him. Can't say I ever remember him talking about a Rudy although he just may not have come up in conversation.

Although having read about your first interaction with Mr Mercury and knowing how Jim felt about Mr M's ex in Germany Winifred I wonder if he knew you two originally met as potential lovers. Maybe I'm asking something too personal but Jim always spoke about the New York guys in a positive way. I wonder if he knew the thundergod with muscles once caught Mr M's eye lol.

thundergod

Posted: 26 Apr 19, 17:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ooooh Mika,
seriously?

thundergod

Posted: 26 Apr 19, 17:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No,no,
I was NEVER a love interest of Freddie's. I just became a good friend and thjen my three other good mates (friends) also became mates!

mika251 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 175 posts

Posted: 26 Apr 19, 17:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor

This inner circle notice is from the book anotation by the publisher. I really hope Rudi is wise enough not to claim such a crap.

The truth is he worked quite closely with Queen from 1985 until the end. And he was one of those who new the truth about F. illness. But to describe him as an "inner circle friend" is a big overestimation.

Tammienorrie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 26 Apr 19, 18:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Thor I'm sorry I seem to have misinterpreted again, I thought he picked you up at a club because there was some kind of attraction. There must have been more alcohol involved than I at first understood. :)

Posted: 26 Apr 19, 18:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor seeing you in the Garden Lodge video in the garden you don't seem to fit Freddie's type (Bert Reynolds ) .....

I too thought that about the 'inner circle' what rubbish !

Posted: 26 Apr 19, 18:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Shaun....Mr Thundergod with muscles .....I love this :)