Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

Radioblabla user not visiting Queenzone.com

add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Apr 19, 17:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi everyone.

I wanted to share something with you and maybe this will help to change the mood lol. I was listening a radio programm about the Notre Dame fire. Lot of different people were there to talk about it: historian, architect, urbanist and a well-known classical musician that often played in the cathderal. During the program, this one would be ask to choose music that he liked. Of he put a lot of classical music but at one time guess what he choose? Bohemian Rhapsody. When ask why he choose it, he said something like:"Freddie Mercury's music and Queen's music helped me became the musician I am today. I would not be the musician I am, if not for Freddie's talent. They were so ahead of their time. And I know their music and especially this song speaks a lot to classical musicians. I'm glad there is a new generation of fans around the world."

This just shows you, even when you're not expecting it, you will hear something about Queen.

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1084 posts

Posted: 28 Apr 19, 17:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sure when Thor returns I will be in trouble for responding to the trolling behavior but I just couldnt help myself .It was like a real bad itch you have to take care of.

Posted: 28 Apr 19, 17:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Radio, cool

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 28 Apr 19, 18:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Radio that is such a lovely story. It is such a shame to see what the fire has done, I hear that it could take up to 40 years to rebuild ?

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 28 Apr 19, 18:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Bohemian: 215 posts

Posted: 28 Apr 19, 18:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Radio......Thank you for sharing that w us!! What an Incredible Tribute that is for Queen and Freddie!!! Somehow....Freddie knows this and is smiling from arse to elbow!! Lol

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2778 posts

Posted: 28 Apr 19, 20:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CHEVYMAN wrote:

Runner, If you dont like it hear why waste your breath .Your a Dick head.Why dont you join miss Austin since you think so much of her.I Know who you are your one of those little bitches on Instagram that like to make rude comments and start shit .Sounds like to me your talking out of your ass.So unless you have something nice to say say nothing at all.Oh by the way Miss Austin doesnt like the fans either sorry about that.

I am not on Instagram you sad lil prick

St Pepper user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 36 posts

Posted: 28 Apr 19, 20:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lol you're calling someone a sad lol prick as you stay trolling this thread repeating the same tired bullshit. Ironic.

Posted: 28 Apr 19, 20:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Runner, It puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again.

Posted: 28 Apr 19, 20:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Runner, It puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again.

Blenkolove

Posted: 28 Apr 19, 20:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We Ignore trolls!! Then they wander back underneath the bridge they came from!

Radioblabla user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 28 Apr 19, 20:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

doughnut wrote:

Radio that is such a lovely story. It is such a shame to see what the fire has done, I hear that it could take up to 40 years to rebuild ?

It will take years for sure. how many, we will only know after expertives are done.

Blenkolove wrote:

Radio......Thank you for sharing that w us!! What an Incredible Tribute that is for Queen and Freddie!!! Somehow....Freddie knows this and is smiling from arse to elbow!! Lol

That's what I love about Freddie and Queen. The universality of their music.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 559 posts

Posted: 28 Apr 19, 21:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The final 8 contestants from American Idol are singing Queen songs tonight...Adam Lambert is their mentor. The last time I watched American Idol was about a decade ago, but I'll tune in for this episode. While I am curious to see how the contestants handle the songs, I am far more interested in what they think about Freddie and the challenge of singing his music. I'm hoping he gets the high praise he deserves!

Posted: 28 Apr 19, 21:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, I hope so too.

Blenkolove

Posted: 28 Apr 19, 21:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow....
Thank you for the American idol info. I have my grands tonight and they Lied over the tv....but I certainly will record it!!

Blenkolove

Posted: 28 Apr 19, 21:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ugh.....Lord over tv......

RoyalTee user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts

Posted: 28 Apr 19, 21:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Come on! All Perk was saying it that she doesn’t get why people feel the need to argue his bisexuality, and mentioning how as time has gone by the “debate” is not even was he gay or straight any more it’s simply people grasping at straws saying “he preferred guys but he liked a few girls too”. Simply saying people prefer claiming that Freddie was bi (because with all the facts saying Freddie was straight is not even an option) because it makes them feel more comfortable. They cling to his bisexuality because for whatever reason they don’t want to say the someone they admire and/or crush on was gay. Through examples she gave she’s asking what does Freddie being gay versus bisexual change in those scenarios. And specifically in regards to straight women, who love to fantasize about having a shot with Freddie at either or relationship or even a one night stand, Perk is asking how is Freddie turning them down because he’s gay any different than him turning them down for any other reason like height, hair color, etc. In summary, all Perk was saying is that she thinks it dumb for people to spend time debating Freddie’s bisexuality when it’s not true and there are more interesting things to talk about in regards to Freddie. Perk feel free to correct me if I got the wrong idea from what you wrote.

All the pettiness is unnecessary.

St Pepper user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 36 posts

Posted: 28 Apr 19, 22:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh look Perk made a new account and keeps writing essays nobody is gonna read all the way through. Like the pettiness, your pointless rants aren't necessary. Thanks.

Posted: 28 Apr 19, 22:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Royal Tee, I dont think anyone is being petty but people are tired of hearing how excuse my language how big his bulge is and how they would like some of that.These guys on this forum were friends with him in the early 80s and never mentioned him looking at women at all.Im just saying maybe keep the wet dreams to ones self it's perfectly natural to find someone attractive.Yes I think gay men are very attractive especially them blondes there is just something about them.However, I wouldnt personally torture myself into a fantasy that could never be real.Its all fun but in the end they are who they were meant to be gorgeous dudes who are attracted to other gorgeous dudes.If I could find one have a one night stand which back in the day I had an opportunity to do I backed out of it.The reason I did It wouldnt go anywhere beyond that And he was one of my good friends that was very drunk.Thats all I got to say on that .

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1720 posts

Posted: 28 Apr 19, 22:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Runner,
Didn't you know, Our book has nude pictures of YOU...and man, they aren't pretty.