Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

Perk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 07:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was a satire post about the argument of being bi or gay being a stupid argument and how it doesn’t matter. I find Freddie attractive. Freddie knew exactly what he was doing when he dressed in tight pants and leotards. My point was if you’d read the whole thing is why does it matter if he’s BI or GAY why is everyone so upset about that. He was gay I’m on board. not denying that but he was also attractive. Geez didn’t mean to cause such problems. That’s not what I want.

Invisible Woman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Invisible Woman
Bohemian: 541 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 07:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The number of pages scares me a bit. :D

FreddieDearie attacks again.
That person said same things in the comments on some videos on You Tube. It's the same person because always runs the same topics and posting in the same way. English is not my language but I clearly see that. What seems to me, FreddieDearie's biggest fact is that Jim wrote in the book that Joe apologized to Jim because Jim wasn't seen as Freddie's boyfriend but as just a gardener. To me, there is nothing controversial about it.
This doesn't mean that men from Garden Lodge didn't realize that Freddie and Jim were partners and lovers, it just meant that Jim didn't misuse the fact that he was Freddie's boyfriend.

Shaun, I hope that you will not give up on participating in this thread because of FreddieDearie. However, if you do this, it is your right.
But, If you continue, (and Thor and Lee) I don't remember if there was any talk about it, sorry for that, I said that the number of pages scare me a little. :D
Jim mentioned furniture that he made for Freddie and the furniture Freddie designed for Jim (coffe table I think) and personally decorated the bed in Jim's bedroom after they decided to have separeted bedrooms because Freddie became to frail. Did you see that furniture?
Thanks.

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 07:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CHEVY I sent you a PM

I have one account this one royal tee just understood the object of my novel post. I did think it was long and would have loved to go edit it but I couldn’t. What Royal said was just the exact idea I was trying to make. Being gay is no different than having brown hair. It’s a trait. Many think it’s a choice or people can be coaxed into it by being around gay people. I think Freddie is attractive I said nothing dirty on purpose I didn’t mention anything that was overtly sexual. I’ll try to be less of a writer. Though that’s natural to me. Also, read a whole post before you comment on something I said in said post. If you can’t read the whole thing don’t comment.

This truly is an older website because we can’t block trolls such as Freddie dearie and I can’t see how long my posts get sometimes. I also haven’t figured out how to “quote” someone. I post from my phone so the length sometimes goes way over and I can’t edit anything or see how long.

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 07:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I also apologize for sending the same post 4 times I hav enonidea how that happened

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 08:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If Thor and Sean are leaving then I might as well. Sorry my posts were so long I just had a to get of my chest. Nice chatting with some of you. I have no other account. I will be taking a break as well because I’m getting trolled for too many words.

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 585 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 08:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oh my days I really feeling upset about all of this. How has it come to this.

I'm been thinking about the jim and Freddie relationship point you make and Jim Beach wanting the men out asap and then I wonder why they would have agreed to the blurb at the end of the film whereby it confirms Freddie & Jim had remained together in a loving relationship. If Jim Beach was pissed with them and boy he would have been if what this Larry is saying is true , then why would he ask Peter to help on the film and agree to feature Jim. It's known that Jim Beach is pretty ruthless and a bloody good lawyer so it just doesn't add up. Also why would Brain have said on UK TV one week after Freddie's death that Freddie had been in a loving and stable relationship and say such kind things when Jim passed away. Why were Jim, Peter and Terry invited to Queen conventions if they behaved the way you said they did? Why did Terry say that as a straight man, as far as he could tell it was love and that Jim gave Freddie the love he hadn't had for a long time.

Freddie's friends have also spoken about Jim on the basis that they were a couple and Dave Evans features a thank you letter that Freddie had sent to his friend Gordon Atkinson which is signed from Freddie & Jim. Also I'm pretty sure the letter from Freddie to Jim was only unearthed after his death and was only then auctioned . As far as I can tell I have not seen any other letters from Freddie to Jim on the internet although there are at least five or six from Freddie to David Minns and a couple from Freddie to Joe.

It's clear to me how much Peter loved Freddie and I really can't see him trashing the place and throwing a fuck you Mary party. As for saying Joe and Jim were angry at Freddie for giving them HIV/AIDS and that they thought they deserved more...I find this pretty sad as Money wouldn't have changed their situation .

What you are saying basically makes things written in Peter's two books false and this is a man who worked with Freddie for 12 years ? I will say one negative thing, I didn't feel the jim/freddie relationship from Peter's point of view , it was things he said in his book. I have now put this down to something Shaun said and that Freddie hadn't really settled down with a man prior to Jim and given Freddie's track record they probably thought that Freddie would get bored and move on , therefore they didn't take the relationship that seriously. Although he did say in book two that 'it was clear to me no matter what had been said about Jim, he and Freddie had enjoyed a unique relationship .

I didn't sign up for any of this, it's all just so crazy . I really am so disappointed if you are one of those Jim haters.

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 08:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jo.T don't feel bad as you have done nothing wrong. I love that Pink had Freddie's name up in big lights. She rocks !

I will have a look out for her touring the UK, I do think she will manage to go on wires indoors , we have the O2 which is pretty good for this sort of thing.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1699 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 08:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is getting rather ridiculous by getting Pms with namecalling from those asskissers in this thread. It is clear to see that these two Clowns call themselves "friends of the innercircle" while being totally illoyal to Freddie as he cannot defend himself anymore. I do not belong to those that want to know how often Freddie had sex with a bloke. He was a musical genius who does not deserve those kiss and tell episodes. Phoebe and Jim did disgusting things after Freddies death: Uploading PRIVATE videos to youtube, Phoebe is making a living of Cooking books, kiss and tell stories etc. And "Mercury and me" was a disgusting illoyal book as well. And all this shittalking about Mary is a joke. You really think she manipulated him that he left her most of his estate? Laughable. Why should she keep Freddies friends in HER house ? Utter crap. And apart from one or two (rather tasteful) interviews she never did the kiss and tell like these atrocious clowns do on here or disgusting docus like "Freddie's loves"....They should be totally ashamed of themselves and what they do to their socalled friend who cannot defend himself anymore. Sad - just sad!

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 09:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't want to get into name calling and bitching here but here are my thoughts :

Peter loves Freddie and just wants to keep the memory of the 'real' Freddie Mercury, the Freddie away from the spotlight as the showman, alive. He wants people to know what he was like in private which is the loyal, funny, gay man. Without Peter and even Jim we may never have of known what Freddie was really like. I think that even from interviews Freddie gave in the mid 80's he was starting to get tired of people assuming he was the same man in private as he was on stage. He said himself that he felt he always had to perform for everyone and he was worried if he was his real self people would think of him as boring.

Peter just wants people to know that there was so much more to Freddie. I do agree in part that some of Freddies actions in respect of his sex life shouldn't have been shared but I don't think he meant to tarnish Freddie in any way. Also I'm sure that Thor has explained that they were duped with regards to that documentary and were assured certain things they had said would not be shown.

It is so hard as many famous people end up having a biography written about them after death. It's people's fascination with famous people that leads to the books being written. Off course none of them would have said anything about Freddie's private life if he were still here.

From jim's point of view, I feel he felt very frustrated to have been sweep under the carper after Freddie's death so I cannot blame him for wanting to tell his story. I don't think there really is anything that scandalous in his book and if you do or don't mind their sex life being mentioned is a matter of choice. It didn't go into detail about what they did in bed, if he had, then i'd agree.

It is all so long ago now that is it worth all this negative talk. Thor and Lee came here to talk about their time with Freddie , their precious friend. They have been very respectful about what they have disclosed and they have been able to put some rumours to bed. John Murphy for example.

lets move on and celebrate the amazing man that Freddie was instead of bitching about the people he chose to have in his life.

peace out and now I am off to celebrate my daughters 16th :)

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 10:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OMG i have just realized it is the crazy Freddiedearie who posted the message....for some reason I thought it was our lovely FreddieDarling...so sorry and I can't tell you how relived I am its not you|!

Thor and Shaun remember I put a warning on a few weeks back about this person so I really wouldn't let her ramblings scare you off. There are some real nutcases out there and she/he is one of them. Ignore the haters :)

Invisible Woman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Invisible Woman
Bohemian: 541 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 10:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runer_70-Of course, you have the right to your own opinion and you have the right not to be interested in Freddie's private life. But you don't have to condemn other members of Queenzone because they read this thread, participate in it often or sometimes.
doughnut-
You mentioned the movie and Jim in the movie. The fact is that there is no Phoebe and Joe in the movie. I believe that Jim Beach didn't want Jim Hutton in the movie too, but he could not to do it because of the fans over the world and everything that is known about Freddie and Jim. And we are known Jim was the very important or most important person in the last 6 or 7 years of Freddie's life. There are some negative reviews about Bohemian Rhapsody movie but if Jim wasn't in the movie, there would be more of those criticism.

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 10:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie was not ashamed of his sex life. He said once if a movie was made of his life it would be rated Xxx. I agree with whoever said Mercury and Me was written as respectfully as possible. Jim didn’t go into great detail. He told his story. It’s not just Freddie’s after all. Freddie had a naughty sense of humor about sexual things and he would talk about them. Well I can’t go over my length limit so that’s all

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 10:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Invisible

doughnut-
You mentioned the movie and Jim in the movie. The fact is that there is no Phoebe and Joe in the movie. I believe that Jim Beach didn't want Jim Hutton in the movie too, but he could not to do it because of the fans over the world and everything that is known about Freddie and Jim. And we are known Jim was the very important or most important person in the last 6 or 7 years of Freddie's life. There are some negative reviews about Bohemian Rhapsody movie but if Jim wasn't in the movie, there would be more of those criticism.

Please know that I wasn't being critical , I was just trying to project a few things to this nasty FreddieDearie person.

I am glad that Jim saw sense and allowed Jim Hutton to be built into the film. I do feel that given how much of an important role Peter played in Freddie's life, he was with him more or less 24 hours a day, he should have been included in the film. Hey ho what is done is done.

mika251 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 175 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 10:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would say that society in 2018 is much more tolerant to any gay related topic as it was back in 1991. Therefore it was no big problem to include Jim in the biopic. And of course you can't erase him from Freddie's life as it is a well known story now. In 1991 he was only a gardener in public eyes.

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 10:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perk wrote:

Freddie was not ashamed of his sex life. He said once if a movie was made of his life it would be rated Xxx. I agree with whoever said Mercury and Me was written as respectfully as possible. Jim didn’t go into great detail. He told his story. It’s not just Freddie’s after all. Freddie had a naughty sense of humor about sexual things and he would talk about them. Well I can’t go over my length limit so that’s all

You obviously did not read the book. It did not go into detail about his sex life but about his illness and how he peed himself in the end and stuff like that which is even more disgusting. I wonder who the nutcases in this thread are really...

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 10:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Funny getting pms with insults and accusations being "Homophobic" as I was the biggest BR movie hater because Freddie's life was shown as if he was hijacked to the dark side by his gay friends and the movie had an homophobic undertone.
Nonetheless I hate it seeing Freddie being exploited 27 years later by socalled "friends" who even talk those down that were close to him like Rudy Dolezal or Mary Austin. How often were these "friends" around Freddie during his lifetime? Only those times when Freddie flew them over (obviously paying for their tickets as well) or if he was in NYC. They come across as if they were Freddie's main purpose in life, which always was the music. Dolezal was surely closer to Freddie than these illoyal clowns

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 11:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You obviously did not read the book. It did not go into detail about his sex life but about his illness and how he peed himself in the end and stuff like that which is even more disgusting. I wonder who the nutcases in this thread are really...

I have read Jim Hutton's book. It's not nice hearing about the suffering one goes through at the end of their life having to cope with this awful virus but perhaps you could look upon it as education considering the sigma attached to it, especially in those times. It was an important part of Freddie's life at the end and it wouldn't have helped if Jim and Peter had skipped over this. To me that would look like they are trying to gloss over his illness. It's just not pretty and that is a fact of life.

I will admit that I was shocked at Jim's description of the accident Freddie had but I soon got over that when I realized there is no happy ending.

What Freddie went through was awful but it has only made me and I'm sure many others here admire him even more. What strength of character he had to battle AIDS whilst trying to live his life as normal , that is bloody amazing. So you see Freddie's legacy hasn't been darkened by these details, it's just shown us all what a strong , amazing man he was.

Any snippet into the life of the legend is gratefully received, whether it's from people who worked with him or people that socialized with him, it gives us an overall view of his life from different view points. If you don't want to read a book by people you consider not worthy then that is fine, don't read it.

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 716 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 12:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All this is getting out of hand I'm a joker by nature but if there is a circus it's what this thread is turning out to be.These two men loved Freddie very much .They arent making an assload of money off this book.One of the guys I know is retired .So I'm sure going through these old memories helps feel the day.When you are used to working in a demanding field it's hard to retire I'm sure.Its not a essay.Its a book.It takes time travel.By the time you add all these factors honey the $ dont compensate for all that.What is being said about them is very cruel and hurtful.I was raised to respect my elders no matter what.Where did those morals go? I guess they went out the window with this thread.By the way only one of these men were intimate with Freddie and if he wants to share that experience I think its fine.Its not a kiss and tell Its a book of memories and letting the world finally know he was a happy man with himself.

The Squirrelly One user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 12:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

From Jacky: "I searched the records and there were 2 different companies for security before 95 and there was no Larry working for either of them. He is not in any recorded paperwork. He did not sign a contract or gag order."

Looks like you just got busted in your lie FreddieDarling.

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 12:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

good going, thank you Squirrelly One

So can we all now move on from that nasty lie and just ignore other negative comments from now?