Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

FreddieDarling user is on Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 544 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 12:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@The Squirrelly One. Check your facts, please. It was NOT me, but FreddieDearie who posted that claim about Larry Whatshisface.

I'm keeping away from posting on the thread until things have calmed down and ceased to be the Squabbling Platform it has become of late, as it just isn't fun, but as I said before I cannot stand being accused of anything I have not done. Please address your corrections and chiding at the correct party.

I pray this thread resumes to the way it used to be soon. The atmosphere is not pleasant right now. I fear until things improves Thor will be avoiding this thread.

The Squirrelly One user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 12:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Your names are so similar I didn't do that on purpose. No need to tell me with an attitude friend. Sorry.

She knows who she is. And she knows she got caught in a lie.

Charlies boy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Charlies boy
Champion: 58 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 12:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

TSO wasn't even the first one to make your username mistake. Chill the fuck out. That's probably why that Jim hating troll picked the name they did. So people would confuse it with another account here. Stop complaining and acting people are personally attacking you. No wonder Thor and Shaun want nothing to do with us anymore.

FreddieDarling user is on Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 544 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 12:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Squrrely One , I'm sorry no attitude was intended. My apologies.

I'm just a bit weary of the way the thread is running at the moment. Too much bickering and I find it troubling.

I wished to make it plain that the post referring to Larry and to Jim and Freddie's relationship was not posted by me.

I'm usually a "lurker" and for the time being I'll resume my hermit profile.

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 657 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 12:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sorry it was me who mentioned that I mistook FreddieDarling for the nasty person. It is the names, so flipping similar ...urrrrrrr my bad but I did say how relieved I was :)

as I said lets resume normal nice chat from now :)

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 13:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

last post from me lol

Thor if I dress up as 'Little Debbie' will you come back ? :) :) :)

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2381 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 14:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CHEVYMAN wrote:

All this is getting out of hand I'm a joker by nature but if there is a circus it's what this thread is turning out to be.These two men loved Freddie very much .They arent making an assload of money off this book.One of the guys I know is retired .So I'm sure going through these old memories helps feel the day.When you are used to working in a demanding field it's hard to retire I'm sure.Its not a essay.Its a book.It takes time travel.By the time you add all these factors honey the $ dont compensate for all that.What is being said about them is very cruel and hurtful.I was raised to respect my elders no matter what.Where did those morals go? I guess they went out the window with this thread.By the way only one of these men were intimate with Freddie and if he wants to share that experience I think its fine.Its not a kiss and tell Its a book of memories and letting the world finally know he was a happy man with himself.

Excactly-where did those morals go???? You should ask the threadstarter on here. Where did the morals go NOT talking about intimate details about someone famous' life that this person surely would not want to be discussed in an open fan forum. Where are those morals when it comes to a book that is describing a PRIVATE illness in all its ugly details??? I am sure there was a reason why Freddie told the public about his illness one day before his passing. This thread reads like a bad Daily Mail article. That "Freddie's loves docu" is at the same level. If they were told not everything was shown in the docu why telling these intimate PRIVATE details in the first place then??? Think first then talk. Disgusting behaviour of those "friends". The icing on the cake is collecting money for a kiss and tell book in the name of their deceased friend with PRIVATE pictures not intended for public use. By accident at a time where Queen is at a popular high due to the movie.
Everyone with a lil common sense and MORAL should be ashamed of actions like this

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 14:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Someone messaged and clarified that FreddieDearie claimed "Larry" worked for a refurbishing company not security. I asked Jacky again. She responded there was no damage to the house and they did not have a refurbishing company come by. They had an auction house rep come by to evaluate the items in the house and a vet for the koi. Outside of that and security there was nobody.

So what...we were expected to believe an imaginary refurbishing company worker that isn't named or listed anywhere was really close enough to Joe that Joe would have told him the polar opposite of what he and Peter Freestone told everyone else? These Mary obsessed people are really mentally unstable to create lies like this. Please seek medical help.

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 14:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Runner you're entitled to your own opinion. But all joking and everything aside, why continue to be here and annoy everyone with the same comments if you don't like what Thor is doing? Really, what is the point? We all know how you feel. Nobody is going to change your mind and nobody is going to change Thor's so why keep coming here and arguing with people about it?

emdee0809 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 135 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 14:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you for the clarification.

It is a shame that it has come to this.
There are good, decent, people on this thread that know the truth and have to find themselves constantly defending themselves. "Is This The World We Created"

Although this song speaks of poverty and social imbalance, I can't help but think the song would take on a completely different meaning in the world today.

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 14:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm pretty sure Freddie didn't reveal his AIDS diagnosis sooner to protect those around him and to protect the band and more important his parents and sister. The same that he felt he couldn't come out openly that he was gay.
Freddie was an intelligent man so he would have known that the press would have gone into overdrive once it was released and they did. He knew it was highly likely it would be discussed but he knew he wouldn't be around to see it all.

It's a shame that you feel Freddie's aids being discussed is so bad, the more that is known, especially at that time, the better to try and educate. Yes it's harsh but as I've said its reality. Freddie isn't here anymore so it can't hurt him.

It hasn't changed my view of Freddie , why would it! I stand by what I said; he was an amazing man.

I am very much looking forward to Thor's book and the photo's that are private belong to Lee so he can do what he wants with them. If you go back a fair few pages, Lee or Thor said that Freddie more or less told him to show the world the photos.

Enjoy the rest of your day/night/evening :)

SquirrellyOne...again thank you. Once I realized who it was I knew straight away it was a load of rubbish. It's a shame people have to come along and spoil things here. Some people seem to go to such drastic lengths to discredit Jim and Freddie's relationship and Peter and Joe's relationship with Freddie.

Shaun please take no notice

CHEVYMAN user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 976 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 16:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut,I'm signing off for now. I urge everyone else to do the same and let all the rats eat each other alive.I agree with you on your post you make a very valid point .

FreddieDearie user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDearie

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 17:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ha. "Bitch"?. Interesting.

Just EXACTLY what I would expect from one of the jealous sexist men at Garden Lodge to react. Jim taught you well.

You want that badly to make lies to smear Ms Austin that you'll throw Freddie under the bus for it? You need serious help.

I'm not a fan of Mary for different reasons. But I do know that the story I shared is true.

I don't expect the HuttonFreaks here to believe my post and don't care. Their heads are so far up their own arses they don't know wtf is going on.

I admit, this was primarily for you.

BECAUSE I KNOW THAT YOU KNOW WHAT I'VE SAID HERE IS TRUE.

I know this is the truth, you know this is the truth. And no amount of flailing by you here is going to make that disappear.

FreddieDearie

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

SM

Freddiedearie your post is bullshit and wildly insulting. You know absolutely nothing about what went on there and who the fuck was "whining" about signing anything for my contract? Sorry but I'm lost for words. You're claiming I and Jim were thieves? Really? What a bitch.

That's all for me folks. Mr Mercury's fans are just not the warm bunch I was hoping they are. I won't be posting here anymore. It's one thing to post a comment. It's another entirely to create total fiction and insinuate I bitched about signing what I was asked to sign and call me a fucking thief. You're disgusting. You want that badly to make lies to excuse Ms Austin's behaviour that you'll throw others under the bus for it? You need real help.

Cheers.

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 03:02

SM, ThunderGod and Lee Nolan et al..

I've been watching this thread for quite a while. I have bantered with myself about posting what I'm about to, and have finally decided to go through with it.

Shaun, I'm wondering if you remember my friend Larry Kelly, because he remembered you.

Larry was working for a refurbishing company that specialized in water and fire damage and that company was hired by Jim Beach around the same time SM's security company was.

He told me these details back in 1993, things that went on at Garden Lodge soon after Freddie had died. (and yes, he too had signed a NDA. Which is COMMON PRACTICE. Whining about that is ridiculous as any celebrity does this for their own protection.) This was before Huttons book was published. So, this was not in response to Hutton at the time.

Larry, was also friendly with Joe Fanelli (both gay men from Massachsetts living in London).

Larry's account is a little diffrent and not particularly flattering for some.

He had told me back in 1993 (before Hutton's book came out), that his company had been hired because, "household members" had a combination birthday/goodbye-Freddie/fuck-you Mary party. They had been disappointed with the "boring Christmas" celebration in the wake of Freddie's death.

He said that the house was trashed and damaged, major water damage and items had been stolen. To top it off, the security system had not been simply left off, the securty system had physically disabled and broken.

Larry also said that the Shaun, (the security-house sitter who was hired to protect Mary's interests and HER property), the "chauffeur" (who I presume was Terry, but could be someone else) and Hutton had conspired to "remove" things from Garden Lodge and that Joe Fanelli knew of it and had told Larry. Fanelli had also told Larry that neither he nor Phoebe believed Hutton was ever really Freddie's boyfriend. (as we now know, despite Hutton's claims that Mary Austin would let him remove so much as a framed picture, he and Shaun have managed to "find" items to be sold at auction, including highly personal notes that no spouse would EVER put up for auction under ANY circumstances)

He said, from his point of view, these men had been fighting *between themselves* to be Freddie's Favorite, and they were seethingly angry that Mary got the bulk of the estate and felt they deserved more. Especially Joe and Hutton because they felt that Freddie had infected them and they thought they would get more than Phoebe. Larry said that Joe and Hutton used to make fun of Phoebe and thought he was a dolt and a kiss-ass.
'
THAT is why Mary had everyone move to the Mews. She, rightfully, no longer trusted them to take care of Freddie's property. He said that Beach said that if they could've kicked the three of them off the premises all together, they would have, but that because there were laws that required tenants be given 90 day notice to leave the premises, they didn't. They also didn't want any further scandal going on.

Now, that's all I'm gonna say about this. I'm well aware than none of you have cause to believe me, a virtual stranger on the internet.

You will take it or leave it as you wish. I suspect most of you will leave it as you're so far up Hutton's arse, that no facts or details can penetrate your logic.

But I what I was told, by someone who had absolute ZERO conflict of interest. And at least the guilty know that someone else knows the real story.

Galileo1564 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 208 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 17:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A propos of nothing, I share this quote from a facebook friend today:

If you didn’t see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don’t invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

mariah carey user not visiting Queenzone.com
mariah carey
Bohemian: 172 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 17:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The homophobia in some of these posts is appalling... How can you be a fan of Freddie and be so judgemental? And what a way to ruin a nice thread with people who were close friends with Freddie and Jim

CHEVYMAN user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 976 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 18:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sm ,I get what you are saying I'm sick Of it to.I cant believe the way some of these men talk to ladies.I sure dont know where these people are coming from.I think they want to destroy anything good.They cant change the truth and that's what is trying to be covered up.The man was advertising the truth everytime he stepped on that stage people were just to blind to see.Very sad that he gave so much to the world friends and even strangers and this mess is what happens.

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1714 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 19:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Runner...illoyal? We already went through this a hundred pages back. The word is DISLOYAL. But since your gripe about Lee and myself has been the exact SAME rant for nearly 2 years, it figures you would still misspell the same word (even after you thanked me for correcting for you)
Somehow, HOPELESS comes to mind regarding you .

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 496 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 19:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have enjoyed posting on this thread since November of 2017. It was so much fun to get to know Thor and Lee and many of the other posters. Though we had some trouble with trolls, we had a strong policy of isolate and ignore that always worked. We also respected each other's opinions and allowed for differences in those opinions.

Unfortunately I have seen the thread become far less welcoming over the last several weeks. Apparently now we engage with trolls, say terribly hurtful things to other posters with whom we don't agree, and believe in conspiracy theories where people are changing their names with abandon. Abusive and mocking language has become the norm.

Some of the newer people may not recognize this, but several lovely people have left because their views are simply different from the louder posters. Posting now means running the risk of ridicule. I have stayed because I have made some nice friends here, but the behavior here has changed to where I feel less welcome and must hide some of my thoughts.

It saddens me to see so much right-fighting. Far more people have lost from the current atmosphere than have gained from the change in civility.

I feel for all who came here to learn and share with a feeling of safety, not always apparent on the other QZ threads. I feel for Thor and Lee who were so kind in sharing stories of our beloved Freddie. Every once in a while I see a glimmer of hope as someone tries to turn the narrative in a positive direction again. Maybe it can still be saved.

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 20:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

katy I have tried today but I have been unsuccessful.
I was always a lurker so I have seen many that used to post in here and no longer do. Such a shame.

Not engaging is the best way forward, even though it is hard with nasty, upsetting comments . The ones here that care, and that is me, should continue to chat. I have enjoyed my short time here and would be sad to see it stop :)

koala user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 64 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 20:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Katydyd5, couldn't agree more. This is just depressing.

I think this thread would be a lot more friendly if everyone focused on celebrating Freddie and sharing stories with the help of Thor and Lee (which, I believe, is the point of the thread anyway), rather than constantly bringing up the same old controversial topics over and over and over again ad nauseam (Mary, sexuality, B.V., etc.) that cause nothing but bad blood. If you want to keep beating these dead horses, there are about a billion other threads on this forum you can do it in. Do we really need to ruin what has been built here over the last two years for bs like that? As for the trolls, ignoring them has proven to be the best strategy in the past.

Thor, I understand this thread must feel very hostile right now, but I sincerely hope you stay with us.