Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Thoughts on Thor Arnold and Lee Nolan's eleven year friendship with Freddie

forum rss feed
Author

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1716 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 20:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I went against my own rule of non-engagement and isolation. I regret that and will work hard to curb that. I was a little weak I guess.

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 20:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

right then Thor (Thundergod with muscles ) you start by cheering us up with a fab New York Daughters post :)

Tell us why didn't Freddie dance in the clubs considering how active he was on stage? Jim said in his book that they would have a boogie from time to time in the early days of their relationship so he must have danced a bit

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1056 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 20:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Your not weak Thor Its called being human.

The Squirrelly One user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 20:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's already been proven that this Larry person doesn't exist and never was at Garden Lodge yet FreddieDearie is still here ranting about it like she just unearthed a gold coin. That's seriously scary. I knew some of the Mary obsessed fans were crazy but this is something truly frightening. I think she may actually believe her own lies. That's something people with serious mental illness do. That's not even funny.

Not to mention FreddieDearie your own comments don't even make sense. You're trying to witty by taking Shaun's words and twisting them (under the bus quote) but it made no sense. My friend Jen got a response from Peter Freestone this afternoon about this. His reply is as follows "There was never a refurbishing company there. I certainly never said that about Jim nor did Joe. I don't know a Larry."

How are you really still here making those claims when you know people are going to check it out with those who were actually there?

The Squirrelly One user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 145 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 20:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor I do fear that this thread is no longer safe after seeing this. My heart goes out to those with mental illnesses but this is truly unsettling. If they lie about him this bad whats stopping them from doing the same about you and Lee? This thread gets seen anytime a publisher considers you and is one Google search away. This is not your fault but these extremist people can never just let the fans enjoy anything.

Charlies boy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Charlies boy
Champion: 58 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 21:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor I sent you an urgent pm

Perk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 130 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 21:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I didn’t join to hear the same back and forth fighting as I hear other places. At least most other places you can block people or ignore them. I have seen some really long posts since I posted mine. I will just be reading from now on since my posts are too long. I think Freddiedearie lecturing anyone on morals is completely laughable and runner you seem to think that Freddie was ashamed of his sex life. He wasn’t. Don’t be holier than thou when you don’t know the person you are talking about. This Larry person is bs as the lady who keeps records told us. What an odd job he had to be talking to Joe that much. Joe who was so mad at Mary Austin he couldn’t even cry. Death is not dignified. Sometimes soiling the bed comes with a horrible painful disease. You haven’t done end of life care apparently or you would know. If you can come up with one argument or source that anyone can prove please I’m open to hearing it. Second RUNNER you don’t get to come on a board about an openly gay man and lecture anyone about morals. Freddie was a charismatic person who was famous of course his fans want to know more about him than just his music. Peter Freestone is as kind a person as you’ll meet. Thor is as well. Lee I haven’t talked to but seems so. If you were really concerned you would both leave here and let us alone in or immorality. But no you have your heads so far up MARY AUSTIN’s ass you can’t help but spout bs. Enjoy your hatred and homophobia because being gay was as much of Freddie as being a genius musician. It is disgusting how you have come on here and upset Thor who does this because he’s kind and Sean who was PROVEN to be there with this Larry person. He was there to redo the koi pond. So how does that make it where he became BFF with Joe. And you keep changing your story like people making things up do. I mean they have records of EVERYONE hired for Garden Lodge and you are fighting it? Larry is fictional and Joe was just as important as Peter and they BOTH knew if not understood that Jim was important to Freddie. Come back with something other than your how dare we bs and some actual truths that can’t be disproven until then go spout your hate somewhere else. Oh wait! You can’t! Everywhere else people can block you and have. You are both part of the PR machine that doesn’t want Freddie’s life discussed he told his band and his friends Joe and Peter tell it all “warts and all” as long as it’s the truth. You are the one spreading lies and making up random koi pond refurbishers. You’ve been caught in a lie. So it’s time for my scathing attack since I called you out. I’ll be at home laughing at your degree of pathetic. Cheers

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 545 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 21:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

doughnut...I have always wondered the same thing about Freddie's dancing. I get that he thought he was not a good ballet dancer...after all, it takes years of hard training to achieve excellence with that form of dance. But club dancing...that never seemed too difficult as anyone can stand on a dance floor and swing their hips and move their arms to the music. Freddie moved so effortlessly on stage and could even twirl...he must have been at least as good as the average person on a dance club floor. Maybe it was more a matter of him feeling self-conscious...not wanting to draw attention to himself? I also think he liked being an observer.

Thor...were you also shy about dancing or did you get out there and boogie with the rest of the crowd? Remember Van McCoy's song "The Hustle" and subsequent line dance of the same name...did you ever do that? It came out in 1975.

Katydyd5...bravo!

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 21:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Squirileyone, I'm not a Big fan of Mary Austin and yes I have been threatened by many people that hide behind many faces and names.However, I'm learning to understand not everyone feels the same way I do about Mary and I try not to offend them and if I do send me a message.They Have every right to their opinion the same as me.

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 21:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Runner,, I didnt realise till today sweet heart you must love Thor and Lee cause you been hanging around for a couple of years .Be honest you think Thor is cute me too!I get it I'm a guy also.Let me tell you a secret though your stalking asswhole behavior isn't the way to get noticed.Be sweet this is such a nice place to talk so grow some balls chill and if you cant play nice on the playground Im gonna have to put you in time out.

GwenMezroe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 4 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 22:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here to show support for Thor, Lee and Shaun. I took the time to read tons of books on Queen and Freddie, watch lots of interviews, and read ALL of BOTH of the Thor and Lee threads here so I feel pretty confident in my ability to separate truth and lies. I am so grateful for the stories and insight they have shared here. This thread is often dragged down rabbit holes but it's great when Thor, Lee, Shaun, Villiers2 and a few others contribute factual information. Even with all the trolling and side conversations that would be better suited for Private Messages, this thread has been useful to new fans so your time and contributions weren't wasted. I hope you all (Thor, Lee and SM) come back.

Selkie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 17 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 22:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just wanted to chime in and show my support to Thor, Shaun, and Lee. I hope you'll decide to stay around because we love hearing from you. Keep sharing the stories, keep sharing the love.

I can't help but think of the MLK quote "Hate cannot drive out hate. Only love can do that."

There are terrible, horrible people out there in the world, and on this board, but they do not have to define us or our experience here. I think Thor has the best idea, isolate and ignore them. Let them rant themselves into a fucking stupor. Let the rest of us get on with enjoying each other and all the wonderful amazing things that Freddie brought to the world.

FMLOVER user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 21 posts

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 23:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Thor
When do you think your book will be published?

Posted: 29 Apr 19, 23:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fmlover,Thor and Lee are taking a little break for the forum right now they would be glad to answer your question in a few days.But welcome to the forum.

queenbuzz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 24 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 00:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is anyone watching this documentary with me on ABC The Show Must Go on: The Queen and Adam Lambert Story?

Deedree user not visiting Queenzone.com
Deedree
Rocker: 21 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 00:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am a newbie here and I have spent the last few weeks reading all this amazing info from Thor and Lee

How blessed we are to have this! I particularly loved what Thor said about driving in the car in NY listening to Africa and Rosanna and how Freddie loved certain parts in those songs I can see it in my head - so sweet! (Ser- en - geti - lol) I love that bit myself hahaha

I am a relatively new fan compared to most of you as I have only loved Queen and Freddie since the early 80s - around 1983 I recall.

Back to reading this thread now, its so enthralling! I cannot wait for your book Thor and Lee - I donated to the Go Fund me cause a while back. Love you guys!! (mwah!!)

The Black Queen's Kid user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Black Queen's Kid
Champion: 74 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 00:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm heartbroken by the turn this forum has taken of late. I don't know what the catalyst was to throw everything into such a negative direction.

Can we please start over with a commitment to civility? Our wonderful folks willing to share their experiences with Mr. Mercury and his friends have meant so much to many of us and they deserve respect. Everyone posting here legitimately deserves respect.

Trolls be damned - you deserve a painful death by fire.

Maybe a deep breath and shot of Stoli will get us back to a place of decency.

In any event, I will support Thor and Lee in their publishing venture. You gentlemen are wonderful for crafting a volume to give us a glimpse into the "real" Freddie - not the stage persona. Your work is important and needs to go forward. History has so much nonsense and many false narratives. We love you for your honesty and integrity.

If this is where the forum ends because of idiots we will all mourn its passing. Perchance we can all find a different venue in which to chat that would eliminate bullshit from useless trolls.

No matter what the outcome, I thank you all (minus trolls) for your obvious dedication to Freddie. If we think and speak of him often then he's still with us.

Peace be with you.

The Black Queen's Kid user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Black Queen's Kid
Champion: 74 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 00:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

P.S. - you bastards made me cry.

:,|

Blenkolove user not visiting Queenzone.com
Blenkolove
Bohemian: 215 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 00:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queenbuzz.....
I am watching The Show Must Go On!! It's almost surreal to see clips of Freddie popping up on my big Screen!!!!.....Not much of an Adam lover......But maybe this will change my mind????
Just adore seeing Brian and Roger too.....but seeing Deaky makes me REALLY miss him. I wish him well and respect that his stepping down must have been the right decision for him.

queenbuzz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 24 posts

Posted: 30 Apr 19, 00:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote